IGNORED

Dillards 92: Prosecuting All Of Us

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course JB’s actions are no shock to me at all. It’s Jill’s words that are so surprising. I say good for her. Jinger would never say those things to JB. They just pretend to agree to disagree and never look any deeper than that. 

Jinger would 100% say those things to Jim Bob… if Jeremy told her to. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

JB really is a piece of shit- and Michelle is no better as his enabler. I’m glad Jill referred to Josh as a paedophile- it needs spelling out both for the Duggars and their humpers who continue to defend them that these parents treated their son far better than his victims. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10

4 hours ago, viii said:

Jinger would 100% say those things to Jim Bob… if Jeremy told her to. 

I actually think she would sit there while Jeremy said it. She would say she agrees with her husband. But I just can’t imagine her saying those words out loud to JB. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

I also have the book on order. If this is typical of what it says, it’s going to be an interesting read, I give Jill a lot of credit for standing up to JB and exposing the truth behind his aw shucks persona. I don’t care for Derick, but he and Jill seem to have a mutually supportive marriage and going to law school seems to have done him a lot of good, I just hope he does t use it as a springboard to politics. 

Jinger and Jeremy seem to be limiting contact with her family and may very well cut ties someday. They just don’t seem to be at that point yet. I bet JB is regretting those two matches. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

The pants thing is hilarious now that all of his adult daughters wear pants in public and on social media. Even Jana who isn’t married. He must’ve realized he lost that battle. But Jill was the first to stand up to him about it. These kids have to see they have more power when they work together. Their dad can’t control all of them if they have each other’s backs. The Smith daughters stick together and cut off their parents. I wish more Duggars would do that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I ordered the book— this shit took guts to do and I am here for it. 

Same, I decided I will purchase the ebook. I want to pay her for her story and also I want this book to be a success just to make JB angry.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The pants thing is hilarious now that all of his adult daughters wear pants in public and on social media. Even Jana who isn’t married. He must’ve realized he lost that battle. But Jill was the first to stand up to him about it. These kids have to see they have more power when they work together. Their dad can’t control all of them if they have each other’s backs. The Smith daughters stick together and cut off their parents. I wish more Duggars would do that. 

But HOW HIDEOUS that JB treated his daughter wearing pants worse than his son, a repeat pedophile offender who molested his sisters and downloaded some of the most terrible csam. More proof that JB wants to control women to the nth degree and find fault with them for every little infraction, but will fucking bend over backwards to try to make Josh’s shit smell less bad. And then gaslight his daughters about it.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 14

I think the statement JB put out will be how a lot of the siblings see Jill’s book. They will think she should have kept it all in the family. That’s what they will focus on instead the many good points Jill will make in the book. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

5 hours ago, postscript said:

I also have the book on order. If this is typical of what it says, it’s going to be an interesting read, I give Jill a lot of credit for standing up to JB and exposing the truth behind his aw shucks persona. I don’t care for Derick, but he and Jill seem to have a mutually supportive marriage and going to law school seems to have done him a lot of good, I just hope he does t use it as a springboard to politics. 

Jinger and Jeremy seem to be limiting contact with her family and may very well cut ties someday. They just don’t seem to be at that point yet. I bet JB is regretting those two matches. 

Agreed. Their way of cutting ties was by putting lots of geographic space between them and JB.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Agreed. Their way of cutting ties was by putting lots of geographic space between them and JB.

I wouldn’t say they cut ties. Jinger says she still talks to her parents all the time and her mom visits. More of a very large boundary was put in place through distance. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

The People interview made me switch from “eh, maybe I’ll get it from the library or watch recaps on YouTube” to “NYT BESTSELLER STATUS SUCK IT JB,” so take from that what you will (mainly that I loathe the Duggar parents more strongly than I detest the Dillards’ political views).

It’s already #6 on Amazon. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the statement JB put out will be how a lot of the siblings see Jill’s book. They will think she should have kept it all in the family. That’s what they will focus on instead the many good points Jill will make in the book. 

However, JB could publicly say he disagreed with his dad and that was cool because he felt his dad was a bad guy. Jill has clearcut examples of JB being the bad guy, but that should be kept in the family. Oh, the hypocrisy. Although I'll give JB credit, to be fair, he is consistent with being a hypocrite. 

• Upvote 20

11 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Same. And it's going to be hard to not start reading during down time at work Tuesday. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, ifosterkittens said:

However, JB could publicly say he disagreed with his dad and that was cool because he felt his dad was a bad guy. Jill has clearcut examples of JB being the bad guy, but that should be kept in the family. Oh, the hypocrisy. Although I'll give JB credit, to be fair, he is consistent with being a hypocrite. 

Can a controlling, narcissistic, crazypants cult member have good intentions? People join movements like the IBLP and Quiverfull because they are promised happy families and successful lives. JB is a cult member in good standing who has been taught by the IBLP his adult children still answer to him. I believe JB and Meech drank the Kool aid because they wanted assurance their children would turn out well. It is true JB has on blinders when it comes to Josh, but I believe the Duggars felt like they were doing what was best for their family.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Can a controlling, narcissistic, crazypants cult member have good intentions? People join movements like the IBLP and Quiverfull because they are promised happy families and successful lives. JB is a cult member in good standing who has been taught by the IBLP his adult children still answer to him. I believe JB and Meech drank the Kool aid because they wanted assurance their children would turn out well. It is true JB has on blinders when it comes to Josh, but I believe the Duggars felt like they were doing what was best for their family.

I agree. I’m sure they thought they were doing mostly the right thing, most of the time. As parents do. What’s interesting to me is that they were drawn to something SO extreme, when neither of them really had exceptionally dysfunctional lives growing up (that we know of) . Sure, some instability and chaos - but neither of them were hard core addicts or in gangs or in and out of jail. That’s who I usually think of going hard core religious control. I know their area is extra conservative, so maybe it’s easy to start slipping further and further into extremism without it being considered out of the norm. Until they are so deep, and deeply convinced, that they only surround themselves with people who echo them. 

• Upvote 4

I think people join cults because they have very average lives and want to feel bigger than they are. Cults give that, even while actually diminishing people. Boyce JB and Michelle strike me as people that need to feel important, when they just aren't in the grand scheme of things. Their cult makes them important.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

And majority of cults are smart. They don’t grow by showing they’re crazy on day one. They slowly indoctrinate people, getting weirder and weirder but by then, people are in so deep. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I'm going to be opening the library on my e-reader at like 1 minute past midnight on Tuesday morning!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, viii said:

And majority of cults are smart. They don’t grow by showing they’re crazy on day one. They slowly indoctrinate people, getting weirder and weirder but by then, people are in so deep. 

With Gothard, the basic seminar was the intro. Tons and tons of people took the basic seminar. A lot of people just took the basic seminar back in the 1980s, thought maybe it had a few good points, but then moved on. They didn’t go all in. From my understanding, the basic seminar wasn’t super crazy or anything. It wouldn’t have screamed CULT to most people. However there was a percentage that decided to do more. They took more seminars, they were persuaded to get their kids out of public school and homeschool, they bought all the wisdom booklets, and then the cultiest thing was all of the forms they had to fill out each month reporting themselves. How many hours of tv they watched. If they watched any movies. How many hours in prayer and church. So crazy. 

• Upvote 12

9 hours ago, viii said:

Next thing you know you wake up one morning and you are in a cult.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

With Gothard, the basic seminar was the intro. Tons and tons of people took the basic seminar. A lot of people just took the basic seminar back in the 1980s, thought maybe it had a few good points, but then moved on. They didn’t go all in. From my understanding, the basic seminar wasn’t super crazy or anything. It wouldn’t have screamed CULT to most people. However there was a percentage that decided to do more. They took more seminars, they were persuaded to get their kids out of public school and homeschool, they bought all the wisdom booklets, and then the cultiest thing was all of the forms they had to fill out each month reporting themselves. How many hours of tv they watched. If they watched any movies. How many hours in prayer and church. So crazy. 

The recording and reporting on every activity is actually pretty brilliant. Look at when you want to lose weight, or exercise more, or modify habits.

Weight Watchers works for lots of people partly because of the specific plan, but likely more because writing down every. single. thing. you eat makes you think about it and try to follow the plan. An exercise buddy or an Apple Watch keeps you on track to move. Going to AA and talking to a group and having a sponsor holds you accountable. Even a star chart for kids chores is a visual  motivator. 

So if you’re recording every thing you do and are trying to do it the “right” way, and you know someone will see it - that could be a huge reinforcer to keep going deeper and deeper into the belief system. And since it’s whole families, not just individuals, you can’t really cheat the system. 

• Upvote 9

14 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

The recording and reporting on every activity is actually pretty brilliant. Look at when you want to lose weight, or exercise more, or modify habits.

Weight Watchers works for lots of people partly because of the specific plan, but likely more because writing down every. single. thing. you eat makes you think about it and try to follow the plan. An exercise buddy or an Apple Watch keeps you on track to move. Going to AA and talking to a group and having a sponsor holds you accountable. Even a star chart for kids chores is a visual  motivator. 

So if you’re recording every thing you do and are trying to do it the “right” way, and you know someone will see it - that could be a huge reinforcer to keep going deeper and deeper into the belief system. And since it’s whole families, not just individuals, you can’t really cheat the system. 

Honestly I think that writing down absolutely everything you eat every single day can eventually turn into disordered eating in some people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 17

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

Next thing you know you wake up one morning and you are in a cult.

And sometimes you don't even realize it until you're out. 

I was raised inside a religious cult and I'll never forget the day I realized that my church wasn't normal, that it was indeed a cult. My friend and I were googling and we googled someone's name within our cult and it led to this Rick Ross website where he had a list of all these well known cults and our church was on there. We were both stunned (she was also raised in the cult with me) and we went to our parents who vehemently denied it. Now that my family is out, my parents look back to that website and say that's when they first began thinking, "hey... something isn't quite right here." 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic