IGNORED

Dillards 92: Prosecuting All Of Us

samurai_sarah

It’s interesting that she says they only left IBLP in 2020. I can recall Derick being snotty to someone on Instagram (as he often was in those days) and denying he had anything to do with it way before that. He even denied knowing what Alert was, despite being photographed at one of the ceremonies for the Duggar boys.

I think finances played a part- they were given a house to live in and the opportunity to grift money for their ‘missionary’ work- they wouldn’t have got either of those things without the fame of the show. Of course they should have been remunerated properly as adults and allowed to choose what they participated in- it took them a long time to realise that JB kept them just comfortable enough to stop any dissent. 

• Upvote 14

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’m just thinking back to all of JB’s shenanigans: refusing to educate his children, no safety concerns, choosing male spouses for his daughters that weren’t really gainfully employed (most) or educated (some), preaching debt free living while denying his kids the tools to live debt free, promoting leaving and cleaving while seemingly not allowing them to leave and the BS about having kid after kid and BC being evil. Not to mention having his adult kids work while he took their paychecks.He was mind screwing and setting every one of those kids for failure, and being a dick about it all in the process. He is simply awful.

You say it well, and this doesn’t even include JB’s insistence that his daughters live side by side with and defend their abuser. The man is evil. It’s no wonder he catered to Josh. JB never had any concern for the well-being of any of his daughters. He has never even seen them as real people who exist apart from him! What a sicko.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

@Cam I think the money and fame completely went to JB’s head. He was already a control freak, but the show gave him the means to live the life he dreamed of. I’m sure he planned for several of his sons to try their hand at politics, while the daughters’ role was simply to be like Michelle and provide grandchildren to boost his ego and keep interest in the show. He had no regard for the welfare of any of his children, especially his daughters. Compared to many of the large IBLP families, the Duggars were wealthy and the older daughters, who could remember living in a cramped house and food insecurity, wouldn’t want to risk being poor again.

It must hurt his ego to know that his daughters probably make more from their social media than any of his sons have managed through their ‘careers’.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

How much harder would separation from her parents’ toxic beliefs had been if not for DD being an educated man??? 

Could Jessa separate right now? How about Joe and Kendra, or J boy and Lauren?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Josiah and Lauren have gone totally private, so whatever they believe etc, they keep it to themselves and aren’t trying to earn a buck off it. It proves that they can lead private lives, the others just don’t choose to. 
Joe was very much steeped in the beliefs and I don’t think ever displayed the intellectual curiosity to challenge it- Kendra is pretty much the same. Jed appears to be more like his father - trying to be a politician and comes across as a bit of an arsehole, the other sons don’t really hit the radar much.

Jessa never seems to want to do things that differently- she still seems close to her parents.

Joy also seems to like the life she has. 
The younger children will be the ones to watch- whether they try and go public or just stay private.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, AverageGiraffe said:

Nothing to do with the meat of the article but I'm strangely annoyed they spelled Derick's name 3 different ways in the article. I only noticed because two were in the same paragraph and the third was the photo caption right above. It's not that important but it's sloppy and makes my brain itch. 

As someone who has an unconventional spelling to my name, I feel this so much. I drives me crazy when people misspell my name, especially in emails when the correct spelling is right in front of them. When I first got my job it was spelled wrong on my business cards. Just a little pet peeve. Proof read people. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

As someone who has an unconventional spelling to my name, I feel this so much. I drives me crazy when people misspell my name, especially in emails when the correct spelling is right in front of them. When I first got my job it was spelled wrong on my business cards. Just a little pet peeve. Proof read people. 

This is why a cringe when people give their kids uniquely spelled names. It will be a lifelong issue for their child. 

• Upvote 9

44 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This is why a cringe when people give their kids uniquely spelled names. It will be a lifelong issue for their child. 

I tell people all the time. My husband and I have fairly common 1980s names for the US. Both have unique spellings. His is spelled the Celtic way instead of the "Americanized" way. My parents just made up a spelling because they changed my name at the last minute and thought that was how it was spelled. It's a headache whenever we have to file legal documents. It was a pain in the ass in school. I never got anything customized. And I have to spell both my first and last names every time I make an appointment or order food or anything like that. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

yes! like okay - your want your kid to be unique - but at some point, your kiddo is likely going to just be tired of having to spell their name out every.single.time. 
My name is a fairly common name that my parents spelled the "traditional" way. There are a few people who spell it this way but the only time anyone gets it right is if they know a Meggo who spells it this way. It's not common. And it took till I was in my 30's to get any pencils etc that had my name on them in the store. 

Like - name your kid Rainbow if you want - not Reighnbeau.... 

(or name your kid that - but don't be surprised if they want to go by David or Anne when they grow up just so they have a name people can spell) 

Edited by Meggo
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Our last name is misspelled and mispronounced so much that I wanted my kids to have fairly easy to spell and pronounce first names. Their nicknames are super easy to spell. Their full names might be a little harder. But they mostly go by their Nick names. I’m sure everyone with an uncommon last name can relate. You get tired of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Amazon has tagged the book with "Best Seller" and "Editors' Pick".  Must be lots of pre-orders.  Good for them.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Our last name is misspelled and mispronounced so much that I wanted my kids to have fairly easy to spell and pronounce first names. Their nicknames are super easy to spell. Their full names might be a little harder. But they mostly go by their Nick names. I’m sure everyone with an uncommon last name can relate. You get tired of it. 

Well, my choice was between my long, hard to pronounce, always misspelled, maiden last name or my husband’s nice, short, easy, last name that contains the dreaded apostrophe- I chose the latter!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Meggo said:

yes! like okay - your want your kid to be unique - but at some point, your kiddo is likely going to just be tired of having to spell their name out every.single.time. 
My name is a fairly common name that my parents spelled the "traditional" way. There are a few people who spell it this way but the only time anyone gets it right is if they know a Meggo who spells it this way. It's not common. And it took till I was in my 30's to get any pencils etc that had my name on them in the store. 

Like - name your kid Rainbow if you want - not Reighnbeau.... 

(or name your kid that - but don't be surprised if they want to go by David or Anne when they grow up just so they have a name people can spell) 

Exactly. Give your kid a liveable name. If they want to stand out they can adopt a fancy nickname later. 

• Upvote 4

I have a different spelling to my name. Whenever someone writes my name and I have to correct them they usually apologize for spelling it wrong. I always jokingly tell them “oh no, you spelled it right, my parents spelled it wrong”!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

On 9/7/2023 at 4:22 AM, JDuggs said:

Have there been any predictions/discussions here about whose book, Jill’s or Jinger’s, will be more successful? I’m hoping it will be Jill’s, but are more of the book buyers people who wanted to support Jinger’s religious journey rather than people who want the Duggar dirt? 

I know for sure here in Europe Jill's book will be sold quite a bit (not as big as in the US of course) since the show has been on tv in most countries but I dont expect Jingers book to be popular at all because relegion is not a big thing here (except for catholics in Southern Europe).

So I would say that internationally, Jill will definitely outsell Jinger.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 7

I’m currently reading a book “Drama Free: A Guide to Managing Unhealthy Family Relationships” which is filled with great insights. The author, Nedra Glover Tawwab, lists several gaslighting statements, one being, “It wasn’t that bad.” Didn’t JB and Michelle push that narrative on their daughters who were Josh’s victims? They even went so far as to having Jill and Jessa make such claims on national tv, all to save the Duggar “brand”. Awful.

I hope Jill’s book wakes up more people to the slimeball ways of JB. The man simply uses religion as a front to fill his insatiable “needs” of sex on demand from a brainwashed wife and Instant Obedience! from his children even as they grow into adults. I hope many more people realize how TLC hoodwinked “fans” into thinking the Duggars were just quirky while concealing the true principles of their religious cult.

• Upvote 21
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Cam said:

I’m currently reading a book “Drama Free: A Guide to Managing Unhealthy Family Relationships” which is filled with great insights. The author, Nedra Glover Tawwab, lists several gaslighting statements, one being, “It wasn’t that bad.” Didn’t JB and Michelle push that narrative on their daughters who were Josh’s victims? They even went so far as to having Jill and Jessa make such claims on national tv, all to save the Duggar “brand”. Awful.

It kinda reminds me of the narcissist’s prayer:

IMG_9575.jpeg.08d91446d547339164026a6adbe9c62a.jpeg

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

There’s a new excerpt from Jill’s book on People’s website. I had a little trouble with the context. It seemed like a discussion between Jill, Derick, JB and Michelle with a moderator present. I didn’t get a feel for exactly when it happened because they discussed an old text Jill sent back in their time in El Salvador, but she also referred to Josh as a pedophile.

https://people.com/jill-duggar-counting-the-cost-exclusive-excerpt-7967734

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 13

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

There’s a new excerpt from Jill’s book on People’s website. I had a little trouble with the context. It seemed like a discussion between Jill, Derick, JB and Michelle with a moderator present. I didn’t get a feel for exactly when it happened because they discussed an old text Jill sent back in their time in El Salvador, but she also referred to Josh as a pedophile.

https://people.com/jill-duggar-counting-the-cost-exclusive-excerpt-7967734

WWWHOA!!!! Explosive! 

Makes me wonder if the very detailed tell-all written by Jessica Willis (from the other religious TLC family) influenced Jill to be much more transparent about what all went down between her and her parents. JB is make to sound like a demigod-ic control freaking using anger, bullying and shame to terrorize his daughter into submission.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 14

Of course JB’s actions are no shock to me at all. It’s Jill’s words that are so surprising. I say good for her. Jinger would never say those things to JB. They just pretend to agree to disagree and never look any deeper than that. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

This book certainly seems leagues more interesting than Jinger’s. I struggled a bit with the choice between library vs purchase, as J&D still have done hateful beliefs and I greatly worry D will use his law degree to uphold/enforce conservative crap. However, I truly appreciate that they have done therapy, unpacked some shit, and are bravely speaking out against Jimbob and the IBLP. I’ve decided to buy the audiobook. I am willing to summarize on free Jinger if y’all don’t mind it taking a full 1-2 days. (I can read much much faster than I can listen, but I am curious to hear Jill’s words in her own voice) 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

6 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

This book certainly seems leagues more interesting than Jinger’s. I struggled a bit with the choice between library vs purchase, as J&D still have done hateful beliefs and I greatly worry D will use his law degree to uphold/enforce conservative crap. However, I truly appreciate that they have done therapy, unpacked some shit, and are bravely speaking out against Jimbob and the IBLP. I’ve decided to buy the audiobook. I am willing to summarize on free Jinger if y’all don’t mind it taking a full 1-2 days. (I can read much much faster than I can listen, but I am curious to hear Jill’s words in her own voice) 

I would love this!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

23 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Well said. And I wouldn't read Jinger's book if they paid me to. She's shown no sign of ever having a thought of her own.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic