IGNORED

Trump 58: Bringing Covfefe to a Battle of Wits With The FBI

GreyhoundFan

On 10/8/2022 at 9:51 PM, Ozlsn said:

found this thread quite interesting, although I'm not sure how much difference it is likely to make - they'll just replace him with someone else. Also wasn't sure whether to put it here or in the mid-terms thread, but chose here as it really seems to illustrate the impact that the hearings, the raud, the subpoenas may be having.

I’ve been thinking about this thread, so decided to pay attention to campaign signs as we took a rural byway to the coast this weekend.  The Republican candidate is Joe Kent, who defeated Jaime Herrera Beutler (a Trump impeachment voter).  You could hardly see the trees for the massive signs, all with “America First” branding.  Once we arrived at a town of any size, then you might see a Democrat or Independent campaign sign or two.  Another interesting thing, though, were a number of pro-choice signs, so Republican but hands off of women’s reproductive health decisions.  🤷‍♀️

My husband noted that when the timber industry was strong in these counties, that they voted Democrat.  I guess they believe voting Republican will fix their economic woes, but that remains to be seen.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Merrick Garland, are you watching?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

📰 📰🎳 +🥢:confusion-scratchheadyellow:

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2

Jeb Bush used Twitter to clap back at this.  He said something about his dad getting a meal at a Chinese restaurant and going bowling.  The truth is that the archives people used a former restaurant as a storage area for a while.  Trump is such an ass.

• Upvote 8

Apparently the judge scalded him.  Judge said that Trump "should not be permitted to run out the clock."  The plaintiff has been subjected to intensive discovery but Trump has produced nothing.  I think he's found another judge that won't put up with his crap.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So which will he go with? I plead the fifth or I do not recall?

He'll get a sudden case of covid.

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yay:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall... 

🪰

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Fuck face is not having a good week from a legal perspective. 

The Supreme Court handed former President Donald Trump a loss Thursday in his dispute with the Justice Department over documents seized from his Mar-a-Lago residence, rejecting his request that a special master be allowed to review classified papers.

The justices denied Trump’s relatively narrow emergency request in a brief unsigned order. There were no noted dissents.

The decision does not affect the Justice Department’s access to the same documents as part of a criminal investigation. The more than 100 documents marked as classified are just a small portion of the 11,000 records seized by federal agents in August amid concerns that Trump had unlawfully retained official White House records after leaving office.

The high court left in place part of a Sept. 21 decision by the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appealsthat barred the special master, federal Judge Raymond Dearie, from reviewing the documents. Trump had not contested the separate part of that ruling allowing the Justice Department to use the documents.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Years ago a nasty virus went through our house. We were all horribly sick and weak. Taco Grande is worse than the Taquitos when it comes to needing to be babied so I had to take care of them all while myself badly ill. There was a blizzard followed by everything iced over the mounds of snow that trapped us in. One Taquito got dehydrated badly enough I had to call an ambulance and a snow plow went in front of us (I went with her) to get us out to a cleared area. I spent three days in the hospital with her while still feeling horrible and Taco Grande had to care for the other Taquitos.*

Still a better week than Trump is having.

*Thank goodness for a big stock of canned soup, always having popsicles in the freezer, our pipes not freezing, having a good supply of OTC meds, and that the others bounced back faster as well as wonderful EMTs and medical staff who cared for her as well as me by making sure I had OTC meds, soup, and liquids. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 8

43 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Years ago a nasty virus went through our house. We were all horribly sick and weak. Taco Grande is worse than the Taquitos when it comes to needing to be babied so I had to take care of them all while myself badly ill. There was a blizzard followed by everything iced over the mounds of snow that trapped us in. One Taquito got dehydrated badly enough I had to call an ambulance and a snow plow went in front of us (I went with her) to get us out to a cleared area. I spent three days in the hospital with her while still feeling horrible and Taco Grande had to care for the other Taquitos.*

Still a better week than Trump is having.

*Thank goodness for a big stock of canned soup, always having popsicles in the freezer, our pipes not freezing, having a good supply of OTC meds, and that the others bounced back faster as well as wonderful EMTs and medical staff who cared for her as well as me by making sure I had OTC meds, soup, and liquids. 

I had a great aunt who died in early 1999. She had been ill for a while.  She passed at home and I just remember it taking a while to have her picked up because we were just coming out of a winter storm and most county roads were still buried under a foot or two of snow. 

Edited by 47of74
Fuckfornicating autocorrect
  • Upvote 4

Oh, Rufus, please let this be so:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

He’s incriminating himself again  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 5

Captain Crazypants is over on Truth Social posting his 14 page manifesto.  It's the usual bullshit.  The Unselect Committee didn't look into the obvious voter fraud... blah, blah, blah... witch hunt... blah, blah, blah... No sitting president has ever gotten this many millions of votes... blah, blah, blah... Nancy Pelosi should have asked for National Guard troops... blah, blah, blah... The people of this country will not stand for this!

Somebody really needs to just give him a few tranquilizers and tell him to go sit in a corner somewhere.  He's trying to sue the Pulitzer Prize people as a distraction.  He thinks he can insist that other presidents had classified documents and this will inoculate him.  He insists that the polls show him ahead of everyone!  He's exhausting.

I cannot tell you how glad I'll be when he slinks away into obscurity.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Captain Crazypants is over on Truth Social posting his 14 page manifesto.  It's the usual bullshit.  The Unselect Committee didn't look into the obvious voter fraud... blah, blah, blah... witch hunt... blah, blah, blah... No sitting president has ever gotten this many millions of votes... blah, blah, blah... Nancy Pelosi should have asked for National Guard troops... blah, blah, blah... The people of this country will not stand for this!

Somebody really needs to just give him a few tranquilizers and tell him to go sit in a corner somewhere.  He's trying to sue the Pulitzer Prize people as a distraction.  He thinks he can insist that other presidents had classified documents and this will inoculate him.  He insists that the polls show him ahead of everyone!  He's exhausting.

And I'm sure his fanatical followers are lapping it up. 

FFS when is this nightmare that is trump ever going to end? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Xan said:

Somehow I simply cannot picture Trump slinking anywhere... it's just to incongruous an image. :pb_lol:

This is how I picture the end of Trump: 

Spoiler

image.png.98af52d05c12ce9c46e641d835568509.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

FFS when is this nightmare that is trump ever going to end? 

When he either dies or is in an environment without access to the internet. Until then he's still going to be hitting the news. I'd be good with either option right now.

• Upvote 9

That unhinged rant fuck face sent the committee?  Yeah, didn't help him and will be used against him later.

• Thank You 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic