IGNORED

The Queen/Prince Philip

viii

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

couldn't invite obama and shun trump

Yea, I can see how in order to avoid the orange one, they can't invite Obama who actually was quite kind to and got along with the queen. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yea, I can see how in order to avoid the orange one, they can't invite Obama who actually was quite kind to and got along with the queen. 

Well I think it did have more to do with space limitations when it came to limiting the size of delegations to foreign heads of state (or their designees) and one guest than wanting to keep certain orange fucks away.  Westminster can hold about 2,300 people.  I think if there had been larger delegations for each they'd quickly run out of space so they decided to put these limits in place.  I don't think the royals would have cared how it would have looked to our US shitstream media if they had invited the Obamas but not the orange fuck, given how the Queen felt about that useless cocksplat.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Well I think it did have more to do with space limitations when it came to limiting the size of delegations to foreign heads of state (or their designees) and one guest than wanting to keep certain orange fucks away.  Westminster can hold about 2,300 people.  I think if there had been larger delegations for each they'd quickly run out of space so they decided to put these limits in place.  I don't think the royals would have cared how it would have looked to our US shitstream media if they had invited the Obamas but not the orange fuck, given how the Queen felt about that useless cocksplat.

I guess it makes sense and you have a point, why in the hell should they care! 

• Upvote 2

In response to a question on whether Mr Biden would invite Donald Trump or any of the three other living ex-presidents to join an official delegation to the late sovereign’s memorial service

Why would it be Biden¨s job to invite people to a British monarch's funeral?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

The other European Monarchs and respective heirs  most of whom are either related or dear friends need to be catered to and should take pride of place more than former US politicians IMO

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

It's nice to see Anne being spot-lit ahead of her younger brothers. But I wouldn't be surprised if she scales down her work-load shortly.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I think we will see a whole generation “retire” now. The queen had a lot of staff members who were older and I’m sure some of them will take the opportunity to retire. Same with the royal cousins; I don’t see them coming out as often for Charles as they did for the queen. Nothing against Charles, I just think they’ll fade more into the background.  

• Upvote 5

I don’t know. Anne is her parents child in every respect with more of their more work horse get up and go traits than her brothers. She won’t retire till she absolutely had to IMO. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Arrests of anti-monarchists prompt free speech concerns.

Police in Scotland have arrested two people in recent days over alleged breaches of the peace, while a man was arrested and de-arrested in Oxford.

The arrests came at events to mark the Queen's death and proclaim King Charles III Britain's new monarch.

Campaigners said the right to protest was fundamental and must be protected.

On Sunday, a 22-year-old woman was charged in connection with a breach of the peace after being arrested during an accession proclamation for the King outside St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh.

She was later released and will appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court at a later date.

On the same day, Symon Hill, 45, was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence after shouting "Who elected him?" during another accession proclamation in Oxford.

Thames Valley Police said he was later de-arrested and was assisting officers "voluntarily".

On Monday, a 22-year-old man was arrested in connection with a breach of the peace after reportedly heckling Prince Andrew as the royal procession moved along Edinburgh's Royal Mile.

Ruth Smeeth, chief executive of Index on Censorship, said the arrests were "deeply concerning", adding: "We must guard against this event being used, by accident or design, to erode in any way the freedom of expression that citizens of this country enjoy."

• Upvote 1

I was glad to see Anne walk with her brothers behind their father and now their mother. And Now she got to to stand with them during the Vigil of the Princes is an honor she has earned. It makes sense since her mom the Queen spent the last 70 years that women are more than able to do the job. 

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

I was glad to see Anne walk with her brothers behind their father and now their mother. And Now she got to to stand with them during the Vigil of the Princes is an honor she has earned. It makes sense since her mom the Queen spent the last 70 years that women are more than able to do the job. 

Hopefully she will also be able to join the Vigil of the Princes in Westminster. The BBC is saying that will be on Friday when all of them will be in uniform, even the non-working royals.

• Upvote 4

• Love 3

I have posted this before but now is an apt time to again because  it’s one of the most fun and interesting documentaries I have seen… The Queen and  various family and friends reminisce over home movies. 

• Upvote 3

I read that Prince Andrew had been given permission to wear his military dress, but Prince Harry had not been given the same permission. Between that and the arrests of people stating simple facts (no one elected the king, Prince Andrew is a sick fuck), well. The more things change, the more things stay the same I suppose. 

• Upvote 5

They both have the right technically as they served in the military and It’s flat out wrong and a very bad look to Deny Harry the honor. For once he should be rightfully upset here as  It should be both wear or neither wear it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, rosamundi said:

I'm glad she held on until Boris Johnson wasn't Prime Minister any more.

While I generally agree, Boris can be phenomenal with words. His tribute was beautiful and he even found his hairbrush for once.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:00 AM, rosamundi said:

The BBC is saying that all passports will remain valid until expiry, but new ones will now be issued in the name of His Majesty. Can you imagine the administrative nightmare if everyone's passports suddenly expired on the same day? It'd be carnage.

Not at all. Treason is

• plotting the death of the Sovereign, their spouse or their heir,
  • raping the Sovereign's spouse, eldest unmarried daughter or the spouse of the heir,
  • waging war against the Sovereign or giving aid and support to their enemies
  • killing specific Government ministers or judges while they're doing their work

Writing a tell-all book isn't treason.

The whole treason thing is really funny. Those rules are ancient in part and the UK has not even used it in cases against terrorists. I know it wasn’t the oP intention, but most people going that route are crazy H&M haters completely ignoring the background/definition for a (high) treason case. Same for the rules around the stripping of titles. 

On 9/10/2022 at 10:02 AM, rosamundi said:

Ah, apologies, I made an assumption based on your reference to passport chaos since we've had our own passport chaos in the UK, but I'd imagine the same applies where you are - that if everyone's passports expired on the death of the sovereign, it would be absolute chaos.

If it's a load of lies then suing for libel would be more likely than a prosecution for treason. The last prosecution for treason in the UK was in 1946. More recently people who have been tried for acts which meet the definition of treason (fighting for the Taliban against British soldiers, speaking positively about acts of terrorism on British soil, praising attacks on British soldiers here and abroad) have been tried for murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and other offences, rather than treason. The most recent arrest for treason was in August this year, when someone was charged with "discharging or aiming firearms, or throwing or using any offensive matter or weapon, with intent to injure or alarm her Majesty" after breaking into the grounds of Windsor Castle in December 2021.

However, I think that it would be very unlikely for the Royal Family to attempt to bring a prosecution for libel, as it's just not how they work, as a rule. I think it would be more likely that there'd be a statement along the lines of "The Royal Family doesn't comment on private matters" and then they proceed to ignore it as best they can, perhaps with "sources close to the Royal Family" briefing against it.

I agree. We might another “recollections may vary” as well. On the other hand, they could engage in a lawsuit- not against H but against the publisher. 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:01 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Not on the same level as some other announcements, but apparently the Royal Beekeeper went to each of the royal hives to announce (to the bees) that Elizabeth was dead and Charles was now king.

Royal Bees Informed of Queen Elizabeth’s Passing

According to the article it’s based on an old tradition that bees must be informed that they have a new master.

I love that. In general I am extremely in awe to witness so many old customs still uphold. It might be quirky and “outdated” but if you look into the history of it all it’s so interesting. AND I think it’s gives the whole ordeal a very deep meaning. Being rooted in the countries history, some things back to 1066 and through the times it feels like that UK and it’s current democratic set up just fits in seamlessly. To evolve and still be able to be connected to the past is beautiful.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:40 PM, tabitha2 said:

This is exactly what happened to The Queen of Denmarks husband… He started speaking out to the press about all sorts of things, telling them how his family treated him unfairly and badly ETC. And announced he did not want to be buried with The Queen. He was always eccentric and irascible but they finally diagnosed him with dementia. 

Well, they say he had dementia. He had been more and more vocal for years. Not living with her (he was mostly in France iirc), stepping back, still harping on about his title etc. I am inclined to believe the dementia diagnosis but I can also see it as a measure to save face and dignity for all parties involved.

20 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

If youʻre going to HMʻs lying in state, selfies are not allowed1794447690_DoNotsfortheLyinginState.thumb.png.6eb9b9cfcec1ec0458f4b472776a3e96.png

Shocking, this even has to be spelled out. 

35 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I read that Prince Andrew had been given permission to wear his military dress, but Prince Harry had not been given the same permission. Between that and the arrests of people stating simple facts (no one elected the king, Prince Andrew is a sick fuck), well. The more things change, the more things stay the same I suppose. 

I read he is only allowed to wear the medals on a suit at most? Because if you are not actively serving you can’t wear the uniform and he has no ceremonial role with them anymore. Same for H. And H has only one real medal through active service  iirc. The rest are those part of the family things the royals hand out occasionally. 
Anne and Edward hold ceremonial military roles and therefore can wear uniform even though they never served. 
I absolutely expect them and Wiliam to do so. King Charles is a bit of a wild card. He didn’t wear anything, not even one medal at the vigil. 
On another note, I don’t get the fuss about comparing H to A. A’s actions were/are a disgrace and disgusting. H is just annoying and pathetic. BUT PAis her late Majesty’s son. Of course he might get treated differently than one of her many grandchildren? I just hope he will disappear for good now that King Charles sets out. He will make it to 20 years if he lucky, so preparing the way for Wiliam will be much more prominent from the get go. That happened for Charles only in the last 15 years.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, adidas said:

Exactly. 

Just like Harry dressed up as a Nazi and used racist slurs against Pakistani people, except I don’t see anyone clutching their pearls over that in the Harry and Meghan thread.

Meghan is the salt of the earth and a role model of success for all of us. Or haven’t you been duly informed in the other thread? We should all strive to do as Meghan does. I threw out my iron a year ago just to try to measure up. 

• Haha 7

26 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I read he is only allowed to wear the medals on a suit at most? Because if you are not actively serving you can’t wear the uniform and he has no ceremonial role with them anymore.

Nope. Andrew the rapist will be allowed to wear his complete uniform at the Queen's special vigil.  Harry is not.

This is so tone-deaf that I think it will hurt the monarchy enormously.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-andrew-uniform-queen-vigil-edinburgh-b2165653.html

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Hopefully she will also be able to join the Vigil of the Princes in Westminster. The BBC is saying that will be on Friday when all of them will be in uniform, even the non-working royals.

She joined the Vigil of the Princes today in Scotland, so it seems likely that she will be allowed to join in Westminster. 

Anne honestly looks like she hasn’t slept or left the Queen’s side at all since she’s passed. I hope that Anne takes care of herself also. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to The Queen/Prince Philip
  • samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic