IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

Alyssa is pregnant. Again. I cannot even imagine five under eight!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I was kind of shocked by their announcement.  I don't know why, as I don't think they do a whole lot to prevent it.  I thought due to her former heart issues they'd maybe wait a bit.  I guess if any mother can handle this number of young children, Alyssa ca do it.  I, myself, would be crazy as a loon!  It never ceases to amaze me at why they feel the need to not have a little space in between each.  I mean I know they aren't just 9 months apart or anything but Maci is 18 months old & hasn't begun toilet training.  I cannot fathom having to homeschool, potty train, cook dinner, laundry, cleaning, newborn duties and to top it off--brand new puppy!  More luck to her!  I am exhausted already!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, TaraJade7 said:

I was kind of shocked by their announcement.  I don't know why, as I don't think they do a whole lot to prevent it.  I thought due to her former heart issues they'd maybe wait a bit.  I guess if any mother can handle this number of young children, Alyssa ca do it.  I, myself, would be crazy as a loon!  It never ceases to amaze me at why they feel the need to not have a little space in between each.  I mean I know they aren't just 9 months apart or anything but Maci is 18 months old & hasn't begun toilet training.  I cannot fathom having to homeschool, potty train, cook dinner, laundry, cleaning, newborn duties and to top it off--brand new puppy!  More luck to her!  I am exhausted already!

I worry that puppy will be spending a lot of time in its crate. Or that they'll train it using a shock collar (aka an "e-collar")--that's become very normalized now.  I can't imagine having five little kids.

Fast-forwarding 12 years, I can't imagine having five teens/pre-teens. I think Alyssa might have a harder time with having 2-3 attractive teenage girls who make her feel old when she's not yet 40.

The rules on makeup may change a bit, too. Now, it's fun to put mascara on Lexi. But when she's 16, they return to their roots about"modesty" and forbid it.

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Alyssa is pregnant. Again. I cannot even imagine five under eight!

Allie will be 8 in January, so I think it will be five under 9. Still sounds pretty rough

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

I worry that puppy will be spending a lot of time in its crate. Or that they'll train it using a shock collar (aka an "e-collar")--that's become very normalized now.  I can't imagine having five little kids.

Fast-forwarding 12 years, I can't imagine having five teens/pre-teens. I think Alyssa might have a harder time with having 2-3 attractive teenage girls who make her feel old when she's not yet 40.

The rules on makeup may change a bit, too. Now, it's fun to put mascara on Lexi. But when she's 16, they return to their roots about"modesty" and forbid it.

Allie will be 8 in January, so I think it will be five under 9. Still sounds pretty rough

Allie was born in April though.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Close enough! It still sounds awful. I cannot believe her kids are this old tbh. My youngest is 11 and it seems like the Bates grandkids are much younger!

ETA - oh I should have read further - sorry!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 1

I can't decide whether I'd rather they have a boy or a girl.  Both seem like terrible options.  

If it's a boy, you know he's going to grow up the most spoiled, entitled person, and those poor girls will be absolutely forgotten in favor of The Little Prince.  I feel like he would put a teenage smugger to shame and those girls will be expected to cater to his every need and want.

If it's a girl, they'll probably keep trying (not that I'm convinced they'll stop at five, anyway), but that girl will know how her sex was a complete and utter disappointment to her mother. If not explicitly, she'll figure it out.My dad wanted a son, but got two girls.  He made do, however, and I was raised a tomboy with a love of sports and outside labor and so on and so forth.  That would never happen in their world.

• Upvote 8

Alyssa is so sick she is on an IV to stay hydrated, why in the world are they still getting a puppy??? She can barely get off the couch, how is she going to train a puppy? 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Alyssa is so sick she is on an IV to stay hydrated, why in the world are they still getting a puppy??? She can barely get off the couch, how is she going to train a puppy? 

With John gone it’s probably Allie who is sister momming and running the household. Poor girl. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Smash! said:

With John gone it’s probably Allie who is sister momming and running the household. Poor girl. 

In her latest (boring) vid, twice I saw some other person with her. I think a female; definitely not John. But yeah, poor Allie’s probably doing a lot of extra things. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

I can't decide whether I'd rather they have a boy or a girl.  Both seem like terrible options.  

If it's a boy, you know he's going to grow up the most spoiled, entitled person, and those poor girls will be absolutely forgotten in favor of The Little Prince.  I feel like he would put a teenage smugger to shame and those girls will be expected to cater to his every need and want.

If it's a girl, they'll probably keep trying (not that I'm convinced they'll stop at five, anyway), but that girl will know how her sex was a complete and utter disappointment to her mother. If not explicitly, she'll figure it out.My dad wanted a son, but got two girls.  He made do, however, and I was raised a tomboy with a love of sports and outside labor and so on and so forth.  That would never happen in their world.

I think Alyssa prefers a girl.

If it's a boy, I 'm not sure that he would be that spoiled. Alyssa is quite strict and with little patience. A boy would be trained as the girls. I'm sure there would be a thousand IG posts about #boyswillbeboys to show how manly John Jr is, but I doubt behind closed doors he would be allowed to do what he pleases.

If he is a boy, I'm sorry for him because he will be forced to act very manly, more than if there were several boys at home. He will grow sorrounded by princess stuff and pink toys that he won't be allowed to touch. I think a boy could feel very lonely in that household.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think Alyssa prefers a girl.

If it's a boy, I 'm not sure that he would be that spoiled. Alyssa is quite strict and with little patience. A boy would be trained as the girls. I'm sure there would be a thousand IG posts about #boyswillbeboys to show how manly John Jr is, but I doubt behind closed doors he would be allowed to do what he pleases.

If he is a boy, I'm sorry for him because he will be forced to act very manly, more than if there were several boys at home. He will grow sorrounded by princess stuff and pink toys that he won't be allowed to touch. I think a boy could feel very lonely in that household.

If this one is a boy, they’ll have more kids until they get him a brother. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Smash! said:

There's a limit to what she can do. She's seven. There's a lot a seven-year old can't do. She' can't supervise the toddler in the pool. She can't make a roast for dinner. She can't drive and do the shopping. Can she even reach into the washer to get the clothes? 

I suppose the best she can get from Allie is "Can you pick up the toys?" and "Can you watch your sisters when they watch a movie?"

Macie is the real "problem" here. A one-year old needs constant attention. I hope Allie is not tasked with watching her, it's inappropriate and dangerous.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

There's a limit to what she can do. She's seven. There's a lot a seven-year old can't do. She' can't supervise the toddler in the pool. She can't make a roast for dinner. She can't drive and do the shopping. Can she even reach into the washer to get the clothes? 

I suppose the best she can get from Allie is "Can you pick up the toys?" and "Can you watch your sisters when they watch a movie?"

Macie is the real "problem" here. A one-year old needs constant attention. I hope Allie is not tasked with watching her, it's inappropriate and dangerous.

Have you heard of the Duggars and Bates? They hand off their children to a sister mom at 6 months I think?

• Upvote 6

Jana and Michaela were NANNIES at 8 years old. Allie Jane knew how to dress and brush hair of her younger sisters at age 7 or before. These girls wake up, dress and "homeschool" BEFORE Alyssa wakes up. I'm sure Allie can cook microwave meals and make sandwiches and probably she has changed a lot of Maci diapers.

A 8 year olds can do a lot. My grandma was a maid at that age! She cleaned a house. It's a tragedy, but that happens around the world avery single day. A 8 year old can do a lot of chores if forced. 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1

I hope Alyssa is relying on screens, honestly. Horrible morning sickness is awful and better to let them be glued to a screen and relatively safe than have the girls supervise each other. Definitely agree that it's normal in their world for a seven year old to change diapers, fix snacks, help with the laundry. I think the children can probably do the essentials but safety is an issue too. More likely there's a tween/teen niece out there who is coming daily to help.

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

From what I understood from the video, she's getting the IV once a week. I'm not sure how she is staying hydrated in between the visits from the nurses.

• Upvote 3

Hope they have safety locks on the doors to the outside and a gate around that Pool that is secured and locked at all times!  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Hope they have safety locks on the doors to the outside and a gate around that Pool that is secured and locked at all times!  

Oh Lord, I'm going to guess not. Fingers crossed for no disasters. I also would totally buy that Allie has to supervise younger sisters by the pool. 😬😬😬

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, marmalade said:

From what I understood from the video, she's getting the IV once a week. I'm not sure how she is staying hydrated in between the visits from the nurses.

Once a week is what I had to do. Basically it is a top up and the hope is that it will keep the body going until the next visit. 

I had HG twice. With my second it was to the point of needing an IV and the idea of having to care for four kids and a puppy makes me want to cry just thinking about it. I had one baby to care for and my husband and mom took over 90% of the work. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

I had increasingly bad vomiting/nausea with each pregnancy but medication was able to help stop the vomiting so that I could stay hydrated and on blood thinners (which was my big worry at the time).  I only had IV treatment once for vomiting, so I don't think I had HG, but it was debilitating nonetheless and very hard to care for children let alone anything else. I remember sitting on the couch and just crying nearly every day. It also lasted longer with each pregnancy - to more like 16-18 weeks with the later ones. 

I remember learning in my first pg that Charlotte Bronte likely died of HG and thinking - this is a nightmare I never knew about before getting pregnant. I hope Alyssa has good mental health care too. It's very taxing emotionally & psychologically to be constantly sick, day in and day out.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

My first pregnancy was bad, I remember joking that the meds helped in that I only threw up 5-6 times a day instead of non-stop. I threw up the entire 40 weeks.

But #2 was a whole new world of awful. I dropped almost 30 lbs. I needed weekly IVs. My husband was under orders that if I had a craving to get it for me under the hope I could keep it down. I was throwing up so often, that I rubbed my esophagus raw and was throwing up blood. 

With my third, I think my biggest shock was that I didn't throw up once (except when I had the flu). It was like "ugh, this can't be right". It was a difficult pregnancy for other reasons but still much easier than my second. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

On 9/11/2022 at 8:08 AM, Smash! said:

Have you heard of the Duggars and Bates? They hand off their children to a sister mom at 6 months I think?

Yes, but they didn't give their seven-year olds sole responsibility over babies, in a home with a pool. 

• Upvote 1

My name guess is Kylie Beth if it’s a girl and John Jr. if it’s a boy (called Johnny or Jay or JJ). 

Is it not considered heresy for Alyssa to publicly label this their grand finale? It’s one thing to quietly not have a baby every year and let people assume, or peace out like jill Duggar, but for these people to actively decide and try to control family size seems like it would be viewed as smiting god. Their cult is based on “leaving it up to god.” So now Alyssa knows better than god? And is telling people?? What if he wants her to produce 24 daughters while vomiting for the next couple of decades?

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic