IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, Dbm said:

Praying for the girls, I wouldn't want to live at that house after the golden boy is born, they will probably be treated as second class citizens from now on ... 

It's already happening...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230319-102400.thumb.png.0d72bd3f69cb83848c5839bf97d2670d.png

• Disgust 3
  • Sad 8
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

Oh, brother, she said similar things about the girls  She swooned over Maci for months!

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny how so many of these births are of little consequence. There are so many I can’t imagine Kelly or Gil being that excited about it. There was already a grandchild born a month ago. There will be another in August and then one in September. I bet one more (Tori) will have one by the end of 2023. It’s ridiculous. 

It's what the Duggars hoped would happen, but they are slowing down.

I could see that coming. The Duggar kids are less bonded to their parents, and had an unhappier childhood. They are less likely to feel up to a huge family, and less likely to be want to copy their parents. Also, since they had no post-secondary training, they may be in greater financial straits. For that reason, I have always thought the Bates would win the grandchild "competition."

• I Agree 1

"My boys" is a phrase that we will see every other day from now on lol 

Spoiler

1555730279_Screenshot2023-03-19at10_07_33pm.thumb.png.0209deab5980906e76e0566527e1b85b.png

Spoiler

1073725446_Screenshot2023-03-19at10_07_25pm.thumb.png.6363355d303da10088869ffad3d8fcfe.png

Spoiler

58953037_Screenshot2023-03-19at10_07_49pm.thumb.png.b6225703dff646241d5541826e18d9cd.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Rhett seemed to give Alyssa the biggest bump.  But that was probably because he was #5. My bump was bigger with #2 even though I gained less weight compared to my first. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rhett seemed to give Alyssa the biggest bump.  But that was probably because he was #5. My bump was bigger with #2 even though I gained less weight compared to my first. 

She'll be working out and sipping enormous coffees soon. She always gets body-obsessed after giving birth. Big amounts of caffeine seem to be her postpartum recovery drug and I bet it helps her getting ready for sport. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

6lba, 1oz. The Bates' definitely make tiny babies. My 33 weeker was 5 lbs. 

They make small babies because they all deliver early. The last month is when all the weight is added, 1/2 lb a week for the last 3-4 weeks. So, if Rhett was 3 weeks early that’s  1.5 lbs he didn’t gain in utero. He would have been a 7.5 pounder with the additional time inside. My first weighed 7 pounds despite being 43 weeks. Overdue babies can have issues related to a poor functioning placenta which gets reflected in poor weight gain at the end too. 

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They make small babies because they all deliver early. The last month is when all the weight is added, 1/2 lb a week for the last 3-4 weeks. So, if Rhett was 3 weeks early that’s  1.5 lbs he didn’t gain in utero. He would have been a 7.5 pounder with the additional time inside. My first weighed 7 pounds despite being 43 weeks. Overdue babies can have issues related to a poor functioning placenta which gets reflected in poor weight gain at the end too. 

I mean as I said, I had a 5 lb preenie. She was 6.5 weeks early and the nurses were amazed by her weight. 

Rhett was born at 37 weeks, 5 days. I gave birth at exactly  38 weeks and has a 7/b, 4 oz  baby. So I do consider the Bates babies small. But I am 5"7 and my husband is 6"2 and most of the Bates are tiny (although I think John is tall).

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I showed earlier each time but I had the biggest bump with #2 which was my second boy. Although I delievred at 33 weeks with my third, so it is hard to compare but my boy bumps were more upfront than my girl bump. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

It's already happening...

Hide contents

Screenshot_20230319-102400.thumb.png.0d72bd3f69cb83848c5839bf97d2670d.png

I saw that too and was sad 

I hope he pisses in her mouth on a nappy change. That doesn’t happen with little girls. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

Erin really hasn’t visited Alyssa much since she moved to Florida. But she has to visit a new baby. Erin is about as baby obsessed as they come. I wonder how she will deal with her not having anything close to a baby in the house a few years from now. Jill Rod is still trying to baby Janessa at almost 5. I wonder if Erin will do that too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wait I'm confused why she was so eager to get him out, I thought from her stories she was at or past 40 weeks. I mean I know it's uncomfortable (I've had 2 big babies at 37.5 and 41 weeks) but you generally don't start trying to induce whether naturally or chemically till at least 38 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Wait I'm confused why she was so eager to get him out, I thought from her stories she was at or past 40 weeks. I mean I know it's uncomfortable (I've had 2 big babies at 37.5 and 41 weeks) but you generally don't start trying to induce whether naturally or chemically till at least 38 weeks. 

I think all the Bates girls deliver early. Many of them have clotting issues which make an early delivery safer than a prolonged pregnancy. Alyssa has had known and surgically treated SVT, which can reoccur. She also has extreme HG and reported anemia requiring IV iron infusions during this latest pregnancy. All in all Alyssa could probably make a case for early delivery. Her baby also was measuring small, so possibly indicating growth issues d/t all the maternal problems. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Addallee has been dispatched to sistermom.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Addallee has been dispatched to sistermom.

And Ellie was already there, left by KJ for same.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m going to stand up for John here. He has a large family to support and a job that requires him to leave the house every weekday. He can’t be in 2 places at once. Now this is an instance where a large family comes in handy and the Bates do an exceptional job dispatching help to one another. 

Previously I did comment that I did not support John participating in the ski trip- that was a poor and self-centered choice.

Also, as I mentioned before when Alyssa stayed with John while he was recently hospitalized, I don’t support John parking himself at the hospital, leaving Alyssa’s sister to care for his other children. If you have a large family, providing care for that family is your primary responsibility. When an adult partner is hospitalized and not critically ill, the hospital is responsible for providing care for that adult. There was zero reason for John to park himself at the hospital once Rhett was safely born. Same when John was hospitalized, but stable. Alyssa should have been home at night taking care of her kids and getting a good night’s rest while PG. I think there is some overuse of the younger Bates daughters by some of these families. OTOH, I’m sure A and E would rather hangout in FL than TN-

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic