IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

4 minutes ago, Johannah said:

My name guess is Kylie Beth if it’s a girl and John Jr. if it’s a boy (called Johnny or Jay or JJ). 

Is it not considered heresy for Alyssa to publicly label this their grand finale? It’s one thing to quietly not have a baby every year and let people assume, or peace out like jill Duggar, but for these people to actively decide and try to control family size seems like it would be viewed as smiting god. Their cult is based on “leaving it up to god.” So now Alyssa knows better than god? And is telling people?? What if he wants her to produce 24 daughters while vomiting for the next couple of decades?

Katie and Travis said they only want 3-4. I do believe some of the Bateses will limit their family size. Probably not with hormonal birth control since they are convinced it causes abortions. But maybe condoms or a vasectomy. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Here’s Alyssa with their new puppy Mia. And Alyssa is wearing one of those puffy sleeve dresses like Lauren Duggar wore to Abbie’s latest shower. Still not a fan!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.7d304e41855bd2646871f62568de3780.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

Omg, that puppy is adorable. My dogs are both 14 years old. It's sad that they are likely not going to be around in another year. My kids are still little and I had decided that I would wait a couple of years to get a new dog. That way hopefully there will be fewer toys on the floor for a puppy to chew. That picture is totally weakening my resolve. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Katie and Travis said they only want 3-4. I do believe some of the Bateses will limit their family size. Probably not with hormonal birth control since they are convinced it causes abortions. But maybe condoms or a vasectomy. 

She said something about doing a q&a soon. Maybe send in a question asking how they know for sure it’s the finale. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Aside from the white privilege and minor fame, Alyssa reminds me a lot of a friend I know from my late teens/early 20s and still keep in touch with. This person did want a sort-of big family, got married around the same age (19 or 20 I think) to someone who was raised fundie and homeschooled and also had a family cleaning business as their main gig (my friend was not fundie, though and to her credit did not have any of the gross Bates sexism/homophobia/transphobia and was always the first to shut down that shit — just kind of a similar personality and vibe to Alyssa) and had four girls super young and super close together. Everyone kept saying “when are you going to have a boy?!” And I believe my friend when she said she genuinely did not care, but she did have her fifth and final kid, who was a boy and shut everyone up, so I kind of suspect that it will be the same for Alyssa for some reason. Like even if you really don’t think you should care about your kid’s assigned gender at both, if a zillion people are hounding you about it constantly, part of you still probably sort of thinks “okay, once that happens I can for sure be done.” I have zero kids, and that’s just a projection, so obviously, grain of salt. 

• Upvote 6

How long before she starts complaining about the puppy peeing on the floor? But don’t worry, it will probably be Allie Jane cleaning it all up. 

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How long before she starts complaining about the puppy peeing on the floor? But don’t worry, it will probably be Allie Jane cleaning it all up. 

Why do you think it's Allie who'll clean it up? Alyssa is far too meticulous to trust that job to a young child. Honestly, I wouldn't trust a seven-year old to get all the pee out of a rug.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Why do you think it's Allie who'll clean it up? Alyssa is far too meticulous to trust that job to a young child. Honestly, I wouldn't trust a seven-year old to get all the pee out of a rug.

Because it seems as though Alyssa is incapacitated by pregnancy.

This whole puppy thing was a a bad idea before she got pregnant.

I'm confident they got the dog to breed her.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Because it seems as though Alyssa is incapacitated by pregnancy.

This whole puppy thing was a a bad idea before she got pregnant.

I'm confident they got the dog to breed her.

I think they got the puppy for content.

Dog breeding is an incredibly messy business. I can't imagine Alyssa wanting to do this. I CAN imagine her wanting to make money by monetizing her children's reaction to a new puppy.

What they should have done was kept the puppy a secret. Then they could have gotten a lot of "content" by filming each child's reaction to the new little pup. That would have been much more exciting than the stupid thing they did with the cards. The littler ones didnt seem to understand what a puppy would mean, and had little concept of the future. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I think they got the puppy for content.

Dog breeding is an incredibly messy business. I can't imagine Alyssa wanting to do this. I CAN imagine her wanting to make money by monetizing her children's reaction to a new puppy.

What they should have done was kept the puppy a secret. Then they could have gotten a lot of "content" by filming each child's reaction to the new little pup. That would have been much more exciting than the stupid thing they did with the cards. The littler ones didnt seem to understand what a puppy would mean, and had little concept of the future. 

There is big money to be made in breeding those doodles, and from the content. Katie probably made $30k from that one litter. More if you include social media clicks. I'm sure the Websters probably convinced themselves the money that comes from having that dog will be worth it.

I have a feeling Carlin also has a puppy to do the same.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

There is big money to be made in breeding those doodles, and from the content. Katie probably made $30k from that one litter. More if you include social media clicks. I'm sure the Websters probably convinced themselves the money that comes from having that dog will be worth it.

I have a feeling Carlin also has a puppy to do the same.

Yes, I know about the money, it is amazing. Still. I have a friend who bred her dog several times. The mess, the poop, the smell, the diarrhea, the discharges far exceeded anything I had imagined. Maybe Alyssa's up for it, I wouldn't be. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4

I mean, four young children, a new puppy who isn't house-trained, plus homeschooling and morning sickness is incredibly stressful. 

Five young children, one young dog and 8 newborn puppies, plus homeschooling, in a white/grey home with  a mom who loves cleanliness and order. . . I can't even imagine.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

In her pregnancy Q&A Alyssa confirms this is going to be her last baby, and more interestingly said she personally doesnt see anything wrong with birth control/anticonceptives and that others shouldnt judge people who use it.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 23

1 hour ago, llucie said:

In her pregnancy Q&A Alyssa confirms this is going to be her last baby, and more interestingly said she personally doesnt see anything wrong with birth control/anticonceptives and that others shouldnt judge people who use it.

Of course she doesn't. Because she wants to use them.

She also sees nothing wrong with shorts. Because she wants to wear them.

Homosexuality, however, is really bad. Because she's straight and not interested in women. Others shouldn't judge in this area, either, but I'll bet she judges people who are gay. 

It's more of the same cherry-picking her parents did.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Of course she doesn't. Because she wants to use them.

She also sees nothing wrong with shorts. Because she wants to wear them.

Homosexuality, however, is really bad. Because she's straight and not interested in women. Others shouldn't judge in this area, either, but I'll bet she judges people who are gay. 

It's more of the same cherry-picking her parents did.

I am just glad she is not buying into and promoting the anticonceptives causes abortions nonsense.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

She's a twit, if you really don't want to have another pregnancy, why have unprotected sex even a few times.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

She's a twit, if you really don't want to have another pregnancy, why have unprotected sex even a few times.  

I have several children who were conceived through various barrier methods. Used correctly. At a point in my cycle when fertility should have been unlikely. One while also fully breastfeeding a young infant. I have 2 family members  who got pregnant on the pill. I have an in-law who got pregnant with an IUD.  Birth control isn’t 100%

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I have several children who were conceived through various barrier methods. Used correctly. At a point in my cycle when fertility should have been unlikely. One while also fully breastfeeding a young infant. I have 2 family members  who got pregnant on the pill. I have an in-law who got pregnant with an IUD.  Birth control isn’t 100%

I do understand that,  my comment was specifically related to her question and answer video, where she seemed to imply they were having unprotected sex and oops she got pregnant. I should have been more specific in my comment, my apologies. 

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, llucie said:

I am just glad she is not buying into and promoting the anticonceptives causes abortions nonsense.

I'm glad too. It's interesting, though, the way she rejects the "doctrines" that are most convenient for her!

However, for the sake of the kids, I'm glad she is a believer. Alyssa seems stressed enough with four (almost five).

The only way this will be their last baby, is if John gets a vasectomy (which can still fail). I wonder if that's a path they are willing to go down to ensure Alyssa never has to do this again. I feel bad for her, it must suck to want more children but due to HG decide to limit. That's what happened to my SIL. She suffered badly and it put a pin on any future pregnancies for her.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

She repeatedly says "it was just 1 time" so they were surprised she got pregnant.

Sounds like a 16 year old. Just doing it 1 time is literally how you get pregnant. Do these people think there has to be a build up?

Or it's like those store loyalty punch cards you used to get 10 punches and free ice cream?

🙄

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 23
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

The only way this will be their last baby, is if John gets a vasectomy (which can still fail). I wonder if that's a path they are willing to go down to ensure Alyssa never has to do this again. I feel bad for her, it must suck to want more children but due to HG decide to limit. That's what happened to my SIL. She suffered badly and it put a pin on any future pregnancies for her.

I sent her a question asking if they were doing anything permanent. But other than saying it was her last, she never addressed it. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic