IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

On 10/16/2022 at 7:44 AM, Melissa1977 said:

There are rumours but he looks definitely aged and weak in pictures. He's still on politics, though. John is very close to his parents and works for them and his father's health issues must be stressful, specially because he is also the boss while trying to keep his politic role.

John's father, Rep. Webster, certainly looks rather aged/weak when I've seen him around on Capitol Hill (our office buildings are very close to each other). He's 73 but looks older.

• Upvote 4

I got an email for yet another booster. I'm sick of getting shot. Except for at school, I'm rarely if ever in a situation where there's a lot of people. I had the original and like 4 boosters. I think I've had enough. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

I got an email for yet another booster. I'm sick of getting shot. Except for at school, I'm rarely if ever in a situation where there's a lot of people. I had the original and like 4 boosters. I think I've had enough. 

I have had 5 shots in total, including the latest bivalent injection. This last shot was the one that produced the greatest immune response. I had swelling under my arm and neck and collar bone. These lymph node swellings were painful. Some weeks later my left arm is still sore on the back side (not injection site). I told my husband that I think Ive had enough shots for awhile. On the + side, I am the only person in my immediate family who has not had Covid, and every one of us has been fully immunized.

• Upvote 2

@SassyPants I think the email I got was about the bivalent. I can't afford a reaction right now. Its fall break but I have a shit ton of grading to do and being off my game isn't going to cut it. Maybe over Christmas break, that's like 3 weeks off. 

I got covid for the first time last month so I'm waiting until December to get my newest booster. Already got my flu shot, though!

I'm a weirdo who loves vaccinations. Not the pain or side effects- just the peace of mind that they give me. I got seven separate ones last year alone! (Three covid shots, two for Hep A/B, and a flu shot).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 7

16 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I'm a weirdo who loves vaccinations. Not the pain or side effects- just the peace of mind that they give me. I got seven separate ones last year alone! (Three covid shots, two for Hep A/B, and a flu shot).

Me too. But I can completely understand this is a very odd viewpoint! I am extremely fortunate that I have had few, if any side effects. 

I got my flu shot and bivalent at the same time a few weeks ago. I feel like I am mostly composed of vaccine at this point.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Me too. But I can completely understand this is a very odd viewpoint! I am extremely fortunate that I have had few, if any side effects. 

I got my flu shot and bivalent at the same time a few weeks ago. I feel like I am mostly composed of vaccine at this point.

So far this year, I had a tdap in May because I cut my finger.  I also got the first of 2 shingles vax.  In June I got Covid (thanks supervisor for coming to work sick and not testing),  August was shingles vax 2.  My flu shot was last Wednesday.  And the bivalant booster is scheduled for Saturday.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I got my fourth shot in late May and 17 days later got covid. I’m done with boosters. Unless a more lethal covid re-emerges again, I think my natural immunity is best at this point. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

I got covid for the first time last month so I'm waiting until December to get my newest booster. Already got my flu shot, though!

I am not a fan of needles but I do feel better when I get my vaccines. I come from a long line of worry worts. And they make me less worried about getting the flu or Covid. Yes, I know I can still get it. But it’s usually less severe. So I’ll take it!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

4 or 5 boosters sounds so strange to me. I am waiting to be called for a second booster (the new version). My parents were eligible for another round in between but I don’t think there are people here in the Netherlands that have had over 3 boosters (so 5 jabs in total). Most have had 1 and getting their second soon (so 3-4 total)

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 2

I decided to get the 2nd booster (4th dose) in spring when everyone became eligible. I think the general uptake tough was very low. This week I‘m getting the updated booster, my third (5th dose). I hate how I‘m feeling the next day after the shot but I work with young adults and nobody gets tested these days. 

• Upvote 5

I got the 5th shot at the same time as Shingrix and Tdap, and this I do not recommend. I had side effects from COVID shots 2 and 4, so I think it was just the Shingrix, which no one told me would be truly horrible, but it was horrible. Also, she assumed I was right-handed and just shoved it into my left arm without asking. It goes in deep, that one. 

Anyway. I'm the only person I know who has never had COVID, though I've had a test for it now and then. I am just now recovering from a cold/malaise thing, tiresome and also annoying that I was pretty much not allowed to take a sick day or two for, but at least that's all it is, because also I plan to get the flu shot next week and I'm a bit worn out from all these things just now. 

If anyone here has had both shingles shots, I would like to know how it was for you. I'm afraid of the second one now.

• Upvote 4

I can’t speak to the shingles shots (although I’m getting it soon), but shingles itself is a fresh level of hell. I got it last fall at age 40. I’ve read that millennials are the sacrificial generation for shingles because this age group was infected with chicken pox as children and is not being exposed to chicken pox in their own children now due to vaccinations, which would help keep the virus in check. This may be what’s going on with John, too. Anyway, if you’re eligible for the shingles vaccine definitely get it. Shingles itself is a horrific debilitating plague I wish to never repeat. 

“Being exposed to chickenpox as an adult (for example, through contact with infected children) boosts your immunity to shingles. If you vaccinate children against chickenpox, you lose this natural boosting, so immunity in adults will drop and more shingles cases will occur.”

“The rates of shingles are increasing in younger adults. The exact reason for this increase is unknown, but studies suggest that it could be caused by decreased exposure to the shingles virus, known as the varicella zoster virus (VSZ), due to childhood varicella vaccines.”

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I got the 5th shot at the same time as Shingrix and Tdap, and this I do not recommend. I had side effects from COVID shots 2 and 4, so I think it was just the Shingrix, which no one told me would be truly horrible, but it was horrible. Also, she assumed I was right-handed and just shoved it into my left arm without asking. It goes in deep, that one. 

Anyway. I'm the only person I know who has never had COVID, though I've had a test for it now and then. I am just now recovering from a cold/malaise thing, tiresome and also annoying that I was pretty much not allowed to take a sick day or two for, but at least that's all it is, because also I plan to get the flu shot next week and I'm a bit worn out from all these things just now. 

If anyone here has had both shingles shots, I would like to know how it was for you. I'm afraid of the second one now.

Without a doubt, the Shingrix vaccines (both) were the worst shots I’ve ever had. The headache associated for multiple days, and not relieved by any OTC medication was unreal. Nasty, nasty medication, but everyone assured me it’s better than having Shingles. All those immunizations at once sounds crazy and unsafe. What if you had experienced a reaction? How would you pinpoint the causing agent?

• Upvote 1

I had the second Shingrix vax at the same time as my flu shot and had a terrible 24 hours or so.  Still, I’ve had friends and relatives who suffered on and off for years with shingles, including hospitalization, so wasn’t bad in comparison.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Without a doubt, the Shingrix vaccines (both) were the worst shots I’ve ever had. The headache associated for multiple days, and not relieved by any OTC medication was unreal. Nasty, nasty medication, but everyone assured me it’s better than having Shingles. All those immunizations at once sounds crazy and unsafe. What if you had experienced a reaction? How would you pinpoint the causing agent?

I've had multiple Tdaps, got this one for new grandchild, and those are always nbd. No one told me not to have both the others at once, and my COVID side effects with shots 2 and 4 were unpleasant, but not strong, from what I hear. I do wish I'd been informed of the Shingrix horror. I think my usual pharmacy would have, but my particular peculiar insurance would only pay for that one at another place. 

3 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I've never had Covid, and neither has Mr. Fortress or our two kids. We have tested, but no one has ever been +. My son has worked with young children in a school setting throughout the pandemic and was required to test 1x month, minimum. I honestly have no idea how we've avoided it--almost everyone at my work has had it.

Shingles:  I have had shingles and the shingrix vaccines, My shingles was mild, but it did hurt like hell. My sister had it and was very ill. Most others I know who've had it were very ill, actually. I was only 30 when I got it, not sure if that helped.  Anyway, I generally don't react to vaccines, but these shots were definitely painful and I was sore for days. I didn't have any other issues, but Mr. F had some flulike symptoms for a bit. It really does suck. If you get the 2nd dose, maybe try to plan for a day where you can be off the whole day and just stay in bed. :( 

Edited by Satan'sFortress
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I've never had Covid, and neither has Mr. Fortress or our two kids. We have tested, but no one has ever been +. My son has worked with young children in a school setting throughout the pandemic and was required to test 1x month, minimum. I honestly have no idea how we've avoided it--almost everyone at my work has had it.

Shingles:  I have had shingles and the shingrix vaccines, My shingles was mild, but it did hurt like hell. My sister had it and was very ill. Most others I know who've had it were very ill, actually. I was only 30 when I got it, not sure if that helped.  Anyway, I generally don't react to vaccines, but these shots were definitely painful and I was sore for days. I didn't have any other issues, but Mr. F had some flulike symptoms for a bit. It really does suck. If you get the 2nd dose, maybe try to plan for a day where you can be off the whole day and just stay in bed. :( 

I'm so sorry you had shingles! It sounds dreadful, and I hope it's one of the things we can keep reducing until it's gone. 

Generally I'm off work Tuesday and Wednesday, so I guess I'll schedule the second shot sometime or other for an early Tuesday morning. I'm going to do that with my flu shot next week, just in case it makes me tired, as they sometimes do. 

• Upvote 1

I watched the video featuring John’s heart issue. What I don’t get is why Alyssa stayed several nights at the hospital sleeping in a chair/armchair. It must have been uncomfortable. And she’s pregnant with severe morning sickness, or even hypemesis gravidarium (spelling?). Plus didn’t the girls at home need her more than John did. Or am I missing something? Do you need someone with you at the hospital in the US? My husband had problems with his gallbladder some years ago and stayed a few times at the hospital during a few months. Once almost two weeks in a row. Not once did I consider to stay with him over night. I didn’t even visit every day. I felt that our three kids (5, 3 and about 6 months) needed me more.

Edited by Cupcake79
Spelling error
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

19 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

I watched the video featuring John’s heart issue. What I don’t get is why Alyssa stayed several nights at the hospital sleeping in a chair/armchair. It must have been uncomfortable. And she’s pregnant with severe morning sickness, or even hypemesis gravidarium (spelling?). Plus didn’t the girls at home need her more than John did. Or am I missing something? Do you need someone with you at the hospital in the US? My husband had problems with his gallbladder some years ago and stayed a few times at the hospital during a few months. Once almost two weeks in a row. Not once did I consider to stay with him over night. I didn’t even visit every day. I felt that our three kids (5, 3 and about 6 months) needed me more.

I’ll preface this with the fact that I worked in ICUs for 35 years…I can’t imagine why an adult would need to stay overnight with another adult when they have many small children at home needing care. It makes absolutely no sense. I doubt John was begging her to stay. Of course those 4 kids required Alyssa’s time and attendance more than John. Most sick people need rest, quiet and at times, professional care. I doubt Alyssa could provide any of that. Dare I say it was easier to hang out  at the hospital vs parenting 4, young kids + care for a puppy alone?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Have no fear, it’s date night for the Websters. John must be OK and a TN babysitter must be in-house.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

I work in a hospital and this seems very very strange to me. In fact, with covid visitor restrictions, visitors are not even allowed to stay overnight right now (not even on the maternity floor, though I don’t really agree with that one if they’re in a private room)

• Upvote 3

On 10/14/2022 at 4:33 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If anyone didn’t get the vaccine it’s these fundies. They’ve all had Covid. I bet they think they are immune 🙄. My close friend had shingles in college when she was pulling all nighters surviving on coffee and cigarettes. The fact that a healthy young man like John got shingles makes me think he’s wore out. They got a new puppy, Alyssa is pregnant and not feeling well, and they have 4 young kids. All while he works a full time job. I’m guessing he wasn’t getting much sleep and was working a lot for him to get shingles 

The health issues may easily be coming FROM having multiple covid infections and not being vaccinated.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 10/18/2022 at 8:18 AM, backyard sylph said:

After reading so many stories here about Shingrix I was hesitant to get it. A relative is my pharmacist and early in 2022 he assured me that Shingrix had been reformulated to reduce the after-effects. I finally cleared a week as best I could and got the first dose in March and it was not much different than a flu vaccine. I got the 2nd dose in June and again, no problems. 

The reformulation came about with no hoopla that I could find on Google. Those of you who have had Shingrix since March, at least, and had the dreaded side effects... maybe you got the older formulation. 

Ask your pharmacist or practitioner if they have the reformulated Shingrix. I do wonder, though, if the reformulation that took away the bad side-effects is as effective as the prior one. I was told at the 2nd dose that after 2 weeks I'd have 90% resistance or protection (I can't remember the exact word he used) from developing shingles.

The current bivalent covid vaccine kicked my butt for two full days. I couldn't do anything but stay home. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic