IGNORED

Mortons/Campanas/Roberts/Smiths 6: The Devil Went Down to Georgia & Left a Lot of Useless Jackasses

nelliebelle1197

Wow, I hadn't watched that in a while. What a word salad of joyfulness and encouragement.  Katie sounds so much like Pris. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

That video is now a heartbreaker in a number of ways. It starts off with lengthy interviews with Katie & her parents, the Mortons, after the birth of her first child. Katie and her parents heap praise on Alan, which is revolting to listen to now. There is also a young Sitara introducing a segment. 

The Smiths and Mortons are responsible for wrecking so many lives. They are evil.

Jeanine kept saying how homebirths were better because hospital births with Lito in rushed you and didn’t give you a break between contractions. Sorry Jeanine, not all births are the same whether you have pitocin or not. I never had pitocin to bring on labor. But my second was very fast with contraction after contraction without rest. It bugs me when people lump all hospital births together like they are all the same. And homebirths together like they are all the same. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Wow, I hadn't watched that in a while. What a word salad of joyfulness and encouragement.  Katie sounds so much like Pris. 

She sounds and looks so tired in that video. It was sad. She was a young and tired mom. I bet she got very little help from her POS husband. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jeanine kept saying how homebirths were better because hospital births with Lito in rushed you and didn’t give you a break between contractions. Sorry Jeanine, not all births are the same whether you have pitocin or not. I never had pitocin to bring on labor. But my second was very fast with contraction after contraction without rest. It bugs me when people lump all hospital births together like they are all the same. And homebirths together like they are all the same. 

It bugs me as well. I had a c-section and was so awesome! I was ill and all but my husband was there by my side, he got to hold our daughter, they put my baby in my chest. It was an amazing experience and I will have another scheduled c-section for this baby, not only for medical reasons but because I really loved the experience.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

In case anyone cared, Campbell Morton (nee Roberts) had her 2nd baby, a girl named Lillian. Considering their first was named Buckingham ("Bucky"), glad they went for something more normal.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

5 hours ago, freethemall said:

In case anyone cared, Campbell Morton (nee Roberts) had her 2nd baby, a girl named Lillian. Considering their first was named Buckingham ("Bucky"), glad they went for something more normal.

It’s Buchanan Wright Morton. Which is possibly worse. Poor Bucky. I would come up with a better nickname than Bucky. I honestly might prefer BW to Bucky.

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2023 at 4:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jeanine kept saying how homebirths were better because hospital births with Lito in rushed you and didn’t give you a break between contractions. 

That makes it more interesting (to me) that Dorothy & Noah went with a hospital birth for the twins. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, freethemall said:

Ngl I'm a little disappointed they didn't continue the Scottish theme. Unless it's specifically Scottish surnames, in which case I'd understand. Not a lot of options for a girl. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, caitrona said:

That makes it more interesting (to me) that Dorothy & Noah went with a hospital birth for the twins. 

I’m sure some have had hospital births. It’s almost impossible to have that many grandkids (50 now) and no hospital births. There are complications that are known before birth and I’m sure their midwife or doctor recommend hospital births. Twins are often hospital births just because more stuff can pop up with two.

• Upvote 3

Alyssa certainly appears to have had her children in hospital or maybe at a birthing centre. She has been shown in a hospital room wearing a hospital bracelet. Good for her opting to prioritise a healthy outcome rather than swallowing the “home birth is best” mantra. 

• Upvote 8

15 hours ago, caitrona said:

In many States, midwives aren't allowed to do twin births. So unless they wanted to freebirth twins I don't think they had a choice. 

I had my second baby at a birth center with midwives and while everything turned out OK, around 7 cm dilated I remember thinking very clearly "Why TF am I doing this without drugs. This is the stupidest idea I ever had and the biggest lie I ever fell prey to." LOL

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

What is Katie doing now? 
I wonder how her views have changed since this video was made. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

What is Katie doing now? 

AFAICT, she has been living on or near the Morton compound in GA, raising her children. She sells her own artwork but does not seem to have another job. She has not remarried and I hope that's her choice.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

What is Katie doing now? 

I figure she is actually living somewhat similarly to before Alan’s arrest. I always figured she did all the childcare, housework, cooking and cleaning. And I always figured she needed as much help as possible from family. I doubt Alan provided that much money or help. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/29/2023 at 4:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s Buchanan Wright Morton. Which is possibly worse. Poor Bucky. I would come up with a better nickname than Bucky. I honestly might prefer BW to Bucky.

Ah yes, the last name as first name trend. Maybe my head was in my other guilty pleasure, royals (with the British coronation coming up this weeekend). And actually Lillian, or if it was Lillibet (Queen Elizabeth's nickname that Prince Harry and Meaghan used for their daughter) it would really fit that theme.

On 4/28/2023 at 2:36 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

It bugs me as well. I had a c-section and was so awesome! I was ill and all but my husband was there by my side, he got to hold our daughter, they put my baby in my chest. It was an amazing experience and I will have another scheduled c-section for this baby, not only for medical reasons but because I really loved the experience.

I also had a c-section with my first one. Although it was unplanned and I found the whole procedure a little bit scary, I'm totally ok with it. We had originally planned for a homebirth and that would have really been a dream come true for both of us, but my high blood pressure towards the end of the pregnancy made a hospital birth our only option. I have to admit I felt disappointed and sad at first, but luckily I had really nice nurses and most of the doctors were okay. I was able to bring my midwife and this was awesome.
With this baby we are planning a hospital birth since our midwife is gone around our due date, but I'm fine with it.
It really like to try a vaginal birth and hope that I'll get the chance.

I wish you all the best for your upcoming c-section and a quick recovery afterwards! It is empowering and beautiful to read how you loved your c-section!

• Love 5

10 hours ago, ophelia said:

I also had a c-section with my first one. Although it was unplanned and I found the whole procedure a little bit scary, I'm totally ok with it. We had originally planned for a homebirth and that would have really been a dream come true for both of us, but my high blood pressure towards the end of the pregnancy made a hospital birth our only option. I have to admit I felt disappointed and sad at first, but luckily I had really nice nurses and most of the doctors were okay. I was able to bring my midwife and this was awesome.
With this baby we are planning a hospital birth since our midwife is gone around our due date, but I'm fine with it.
It really like to try a vaginal birth and hope that I'll get the chance.

I wish you all the best for your upcoming c-section and a quick recovery afterwards! It is empowering and beautiful to read how you loved your c-section!

Thank you! I hope you get to have a great delivery but most important, you and the baby are healthy and happy. Here, midwives are required even for c-sections so I had her support and my doctor, they were very lovely so i'm hoping to get the same experience with baby boy.

• Love 4

• 2 weeks later...

Alyssa posted about her in laws having 52 grandchildren. By our count and fundie wiki’s count, it’s 51. My guess is that Noah and Dorothy have #7 but didn’t announce it anywhere. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

HiBuchanan is a familiy name for the Roberts family (like Conley, Campbell, and a handful of other names they've used). 

Alyssa has hospital births because they're all technically vbacs. She had a C-section after a transfer from home birth from her first. Kennedy did as well and ended up with a mix of vbac and another C-section.  

My guess for the mystery baby is either Dorothy or one of the Paraguay gang is having another. For some reason I have Darth down for #7 in my spreadsheet. Not sure what I'd seen to prompt that. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

HiBuchanan is a familiy name for the Roberts family (like Conley, Campbell, and a handful of other names they've used). 

Alyssa has hospital births because they're all technically vbacs. She had a C-section after a transfer from home birth from her first. Kennedy did as well and ended up with a mix of vbac and another C-section.  

My guess for the mystery baby is either Dorothy or one of the Paraguay gang is having another. For some reason I have Darth down for #7 in my spreadsheet. Not sure what I'd seen to prompt that. 

You know, I think someone may have spotted her with a bump. But now I can’t remember when that was. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/10/2023 at 9:11 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know, I think someone may have spotted her with a bump. But now I can’t remember when that was. 

I think it was at Alyssa's baby shower.

• Upvote 2

It feels like it may be the end of an era, with the docuseries coming out now and so many fundies choosing to go private. Damn them. The only fun thing is following the dates and babies, and they're taking that away from us!

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

It feels like it may be the end of an era, with the docuseries coming out now and so many fundies choosing to go private. Damn them. The only fun thing is following the dates and babies, and they're taking that away from us!

Don’t worry, new ones will always pop up. We will never run out if fundies to talk about. Unfortunately 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:44 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alyssa posted about her in laws having 52 grandchildren. By our count and fundie wiki’s count, it’s 51. My guess is that Noah and Dorothy have #7 but didn’t announce it anywhere. 

I agree, it's Darth. Just scanned some of their socials and no mention on Rachel and Kressant's, Kennedy's clearly not pregnant recently, everyone else has had a baby on the last year or so or are no l onger childbearing (Martha, Katie).

• Upvote 4

As I just posted in the Upcoming Babies thread, according to Tom and Melissa Kendall's mailing list, Christiana (formerly Kendall) and her husband have just had their third child. Not long after that, Christiana had a (successful) brain surgery to remove a tumor that was causing seizures. Tom and his elder daughter Avery flew back from Togo to care for her during her recovery, and Avery (17) was roped into being a cousin-mom for 2 months...

Their eldest son, Paton, is also in the US to start college. Will he be another Kendall Air Force doctor for Jesus? Time will tell.

Edited by albireo
Source of information
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1