IGNORED

Mortons/Campanas/Roberts/Smiths 6: The Devil Went Down to Georgia & Left a Lot of Useless Jackasses

nelliebelle1197

The Campanas are now renting out their house for events. Probably weddings for the most part. 

068ADCBF-0E24-4AFC-817B-8B7B183F732D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2023 at 4:58 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Campanas are now renting out their house for events. Probably weddings for the most part. 

068ADCBF-0E24-4AFC-817B-8B7B183F732D.jpeg

That architecture causes me physical pain.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

That architecture causes me physical pain.

I don't know enough to why exactly. Would you like to say more?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I was wondering why there’s a large fireplace - the only fireplace - in what appears to be the mud room.

• Haha 3

Sarah Shearer wrote out a rebuttal to the new IBLP documentary:

https://authorsarahdshearer.com/2023/06/06/dear-jim-bob-and-michelle-and-all-parents-i-know-whose-children-have-strayed-from-faith/

Her basic argument is "well, Jim Bob probably meant well."

She is so obtuse. You have dozens of survivors patiently explaining on camera how fundamentalist patriarchy enabled abuse by teaching children never to question certain men, never to speak up, and never to consider their rights over their own bodies. And she's just going "well, what about the kids who didn't get abused?" She's also hung up on the idea that Michelle was portrayed as a mindless victim, which was not my takeaway at all!

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

Cult indoctrination and purposefully stunting their ability to leave is always abuse whether the kids got beaten and molested, or not.  Come at me, Sarah.

• Upvote 13

13 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Sarah Shearer wrote out a rebuttal to the new IBLP documentary:

https://authorsarahdshearer.com/2023/06/06/dear-jim-bob-and-michelle-and-all-parents-i-know-whose-children-have-strayed-from-faith/

Her basic argument is "well, Jim Bob probably meant well."

She is so obtuse. You have dozens of survivors patiently explaining on camera how fundamentalist patriarchy enabled abuse by teaching children never to question certain men, never to speak up, and never to consider their rights over their own bodies. And she's just going "well, what about the kids who didn't get abused?" She's also hung up on the idea that Michelle was portrayed as a mindless victim, which was not my takeaway at all!

Check the comments, Rachel Morton commented and it's... interesting.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 3

29 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Check the comments, Rachel Morton commented and it's... interesting.

It’s too long to post in a screen shot but it’s very obvious Rachel is fully marinated in the fundie kool-aid even though her brother is in prison for child rape, she has cut contact with her parents, and ran away to Paraguay to live a better life away from the evil government. If she hasn’t had a wake up call yet, I doubt she ever will. I just hope her kids get the hell away from those destructive beliefs one day. 

• Upvote 16

Once you've hit that level of doubling down there's not much hope of turning back. "Our system didn't fail, we simply didn't do it hard enough." Interesting that she points to the time before her parents allowed music or TV as the good days. I can only imagine how isolated those kids are.

• Upvote 14

I believe the Morton parents are currently in Paraguay. Now that Kress and Mike moved into their house, The grandparents can stay in their own home down there. I wonder if it will be a long stay. I wonder if they are still planning on moving down there. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s too long to post in a screen shot but it’s very obvious Rachel is fully marinated in the fundie kool-aid even though her brother is in prison for child rape, she has cut contact with her parents, and ran away to Paraguay to live a better life away from the evil government. If she hasn’t had a wake up call yet, I doubt she ever will. I just hope her kids get the hell away from those destructive beliefs one day. 

What I think is interesting are her comments about her family of origin, "I was raised in a family where there was tremendous abuse, on a criminal level."  That doesn't sound to me like an environment where the crimes Alan is in jail for were isolated incidents or isolated to him specifically.  

She goes on to say "So the physical precautions they have put in place are usually wonderful, they just need to make sure they are being led by the Holy Spirit, and not by a man or an organization. It has to be the teachings of Christ, not the teachings of man, and we have to point our kids to following Christ, not following a group or some man made teaching." (emphasis mine)

That sounds like a direct rebuke of the Cap'n and his teachings -- she also says her childhood home wasn't focused on the gospel, and yet we had all those videos of he & Jacqui showboating pontificating on the true meaning of whatever thoughts sounded vaguely biblical as instructions for how to raise godly children. She's still fully pickled in the fundie kool-aid, but I'm surprised and honestly a little impressed that she's managed to separate Bret's teachings out as wrong.

• Upvote 11

On 6/8/2023 at 9:23 PM, caitrona said:

What I think is interesting are her comments about her family of origin, "I was raised in a family where there was tremendous abuse, on a criminal level."  That doesn't sound to me like an environment where the crimes Alan is in jail for were isolated incidents or isolated to him specifically.  

She goes on to say "So the physical precautions they have put in place are usually wonderful, they just need to make sure they are being led by the Holy Spirit, and not by a man or an organization. It has to be the teachings of Christ, not the teachings of man, and we have to point our kids to following Christ, not following a group or some man made teaching." (emphasis mine)

That sounds like a direct rebuke of the Cap'n and his teachings -- she also says her childhood home wasn't focused on the gospel, and yet we had all those videos of he & Jacqui showboating pontificating on the true meaning of whatever thoughts sounded vaguely biblical as instructions for how to raise godly children. She's still fully pickled in the fundie kool-aid, but I'm surprised and honestly a little impressed that she's managed to separate Bret's teachings out as wrong.

I have long felt that, growing up, the Smith girls were prey. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

On 4/22/2023 at 7:27 AM, Becky said:

Is there a good place I can read up on this family?  I've never followed them, just briefly read a post here and there, but I'd like to know more.  I am fascinated they named their kid Kressant - Crescent? Kress-Ant? Crawsahnt? 

Becky, I know I am late but  there are a million Morton threads in the archives. Just start at the first one!

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go to a fucking doctor if it’s been 9 weeks.

9DFA18B6-FEAC-4084-950C-94BE345DB532.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Morton adjacent but anyway: Is is typical for people to leave their babies just in a diaper all the time? I see that Mariah (Alyssa's sister) always has her boys only in diapers. In my family/friend group this is odd behaviour - we would wear clothes. However, I wonder if this is not a cultural difference.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, browngrl said:

Morton adjacent but anyway: Is is typical for people to leave their babies just in a diaper all the time? I see that Mariah (Alyssa's sister) always has her boys only in diapers. In my family/friend group this is odd behaviour - we would wear clothes. However, I wonder if this is not a cultural difference.

It probably depends on the family. And the weather. Even when it was hot, I put clothes on my kids. But I’m a never nude.

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I agree with the poster above, I think it’s cultural and/or family dépendant. I have a 2-week old baby girl and we generally have her just in diapers around the house. Clothes when we go out, but set home only diapers are just easier for a little one who has no spit up control yet. 

Edited by SisterCupcake
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, SisterCupcake said:

I agree with the poster above, I think it’s cultural and/or family dépendant. I have a 2-week old baby girl and we generally have her just in diapers around the house. Clothes when we go out, but set home only diapers are just easier for a little one who has no spit up control yet. 

I had my kids during cold times of year. So I had my newborn in these weird gowns that had elastic on the bottom. So it was long and covered their legs. But the elastic made it smaller at the bottom. Those things were good for the millions of diaper changes newborns require. I swear they pooped every 30 minutes sometimes. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear they pooped every 30 minutes sometimes. 

Yeah, I’m starting the whole breastfeeding journey and my kiddos’s poops are small but mighty and so frequent!

Edited by SisterCupcake
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SisterCupcake said:

Yeah, I’m starting the whole breastfeeding journey and my kiddos’s poops are small but mighty and so frequent!

Yes! BFing does mean more frequent poops! I noticed that with my second who BF way longer than my first. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SisterCupcake said:

Here is extremely hot in the summer. So we leave our daughter in diapers when we are at home. I plan on doing the same for our baby boy.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 6:09 PM, browngrl said:

She's in Florida where it's hot and muggy. I had one summer and one winter kid. The summer was definitely in onesies all the time but I'm in the Northeast. 

Edited by lexiloumarie
  • Upvote 1

Kress has been posting about health problems lately. She’s had testing done but I don’t think she has any answers yet. She has to drive like 7 hours to get to a hospital that does the testing. I will never understand wanting to live so far out in the middle of nowhere that you have to drive 7 hours to get medical testing done for your health issues. On the Morton compound, I bet she wouldn’t have to drive more than an hour to get the testing done. 

• Upvote 10