IGNORED

Mortons/Campanas/Roberts/Smiths 6: The Devil Went Down to Georgia & Left a Lot of Useless Jackasses

nelliebelle1197

2 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

On the the Miss Manners side, I hate the Morton adjacent crew and their shower for every baby custom. On the other hand, it is oddly consistent that they celebrate every "new blessing" as if it's a big deal. 

They are closing in on 50 Morton grandkids. That’s a lot of showers.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s a lot of showers.

It is and that means lots of gifts that need to be purchased. It must get expensive. I wonder if at any point people just start re-gifting. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

It is and that means lots of gifts that need to be purchased. It must get expensive. I wonder if at any point people just start re-gifting. 

On one hand, itʻs nice that every new baby gets some new things for herself or himself. OTOH, there must be a fuck-ton of hand-me-downs in clothing & baby equipment. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

On one hand, itʻs nice that every new baby gets some new things for herself or himself. OTOH, there must be a fuck-ton of hand-me-downs in clothing & baby equipment. 

I’m hoping the showers are mostly for diapers, wipes, laundry detergent, and dish soap 😂

• Upvote 7

It's hard to celebrate a fresh inductee in Morton's Discount Cults 'R' Us, but I see absolutely no issue with having a baby shower for any person who wants one. I've thrown baby showers for 4th and 5th babies, and quite a few for 3rd babies. All but a couple were for children born close to their next eldest sibling. 

If it makes the parent feel good, and if there are people eager to participate, why not? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It's hard to celebrate a fresh inductee in Morton's Discount Cults 'R' Us, but I see absolutely no issue with having a baby shower for any person who wants one. I've thrown baby showers for 4th and 5th babies, and quite a few for 3rd babies. All but a couple were for children born close to their next eldest sibling. 

If it makes the parent feel good, and if there are people eager to participate, why not? 

I agree. Generally speaking, I don't think very many people are actively and consciously attempting to be greedy gift-grabbers. Perhaps it's regional, but in my neck of the woods, showers are just what you Do. Everyone asks the mother-to-be (or bride-to-be, even in the case of a second third etc marriage) when it is, and someone else almost always volunteers to plan and host it, and lots of people are really excited about it. I used to feel wildly different but as I get older I'm just like "Celebrating new life and love, that all sounds worthy of a party".

Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy them and usually don't attend them, they're just not fun for me (I didn't want to have my own, but it was important to my MIL so I rolled with it). I may or may not send a gift, depending on who it is. But that's the thing: if you don't think it's appropriate, you can just... not go. 

It also makes me sad when expectant mothers or brides have to host and throw their own shower. Sure, very occasionally it might be a greed thing but usually it means they don't have a good support network who is happy for them (either lacking in people at all, or lacking in people who care) and/or that they REALLY need the assistance and gifts. Those ones I usually actually go to, because no one should feel alone or like the kid who invited the whole class to their 8th birthday party but no one showed up, on a day celebrating an event that will change their whole life. 

Man, every year I become more and more of a softie.   

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Sarah Shearer just posted a photo including her self labelled “spanking stick”. So I guess she’s figured out a way to hit her 2 year old with her condition. I hate this woman and feel so sorry for her children. 

Do we think that’s the norm for all of these 2nd gen Morton families or is she just especially cruel to her children? And the others would never post something so incriminating 

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Noquiver said:

Do we think that’s the norm for all of these 2nd gen Morton families or is she just especially cruel to her children? And the others would never post something so incriminating 

I think for her it's partly a matter of triggering the libs. She appears to have had a somewhat more mainstream upbringing than many in her current circle and until recently was often debating more progressive acquaintances in her comments. Her social media persona is a harsh, "life's not fair, quit whining" type. It's a brand for her.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

I would say Sarah is being rather stupid since in some states, I don’t think you are allowed to use and object to hit your child with. It’s like she’s begging for CPS to come knocking at her door. 

• Upvote 6

She also posted some stupid quotes about hoe women need to keep up their appearance/do their hair to reflect well on their husband.  Wtf.

• Upvote 2

Imagine going through a heart transplant and having to plead with your friends not to be offended to see you wearing a mask!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 11

9 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Imagine going through a heart transplant and having to plead with your friends not to be offended to see you wearing a mask!

It just shows the friends they are left with are probably the lowest of the low. Because the Smiths excuse and deny the things their own son did to his own child. They lost people who have a tiny shred of empathy and chucked the Smiths as friends. Now they are left with a few very awful friends. The type that would be upset over a fucking mask.

• Upvote 14

Horses? Why horses? I get everything else she listed, but I can’t figure out what the heck puts horses on it. My daughter and I both take immunosuppressant drugs,  and I’ve never heard to avoid horses.

• Upvote 1

A mild bleach solution on fruit? Is that normal in these cases? It would taste awful. I think I'm missing something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EmainMacha said:

A mild bleach solution on fruit? Is that normal in these cases? It would taste awful. I think I'm missing something.

I think if very diluted bleach water is used to clean fruit, it might be ok. It’s likely to get any parasites or germs off of it. 

I just looked up some recommendations for those right after a heart transplant and a lot of what she listed was on the recommendation. I’m guessing with horses, the poop is the probably. Maybe not the horses themselves. It’s recommended not to be around any animal poop. I think it’s just recommended to be overly cautious at first. But I bet he won’t have to follow all the instructions a year from now. Although he will probably always have some rules. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I saw there were lots of people doing this during Covid, but they were all US-ians. Do you guys sell a produce wash or something similar? 'cos I know if I trusted my partner to do this, he'd just chuck in three times the bleach or something! Personally, I'd probably just wash then peel everything, and stuff that couldn't be peeled, like berries, I'd probably just cook, or really wash thoroughly then freeze, if I bothered to eat them at all, but I am very lazy. Also, a quick glance at UK/Aus sites doesn't mention lightly bleaching produce, though it says that pre-packaged frozen berries, for instance, should be avoided, and all food prep hygiene rules are very strict.

I have seen this loads on MLM shilling sites too. Like, maybe, Melaleuca? And naturally all EO products, in huge quantities. But they seem to think everyone is bleaching all their produce (or wanting to make you feel dirty because you don't)... so I'm wondering if there is a "food-bleach-rinse" or something. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Zebedee said:

so I'm wondering if there is a "food-bleach-rinse" or something. 

Not American, so I don't really have an answer, but I remember Rachel Wissmann Busenitz (kansaswife) washing fresh fruit from the garden with water and some of her Thieves cleaning solution, which I thought was super odd. I know she's selling the Young Living stuff, so that may be part of it, but up to this point I had never seen anyone washing fruit with anything but water. Sounds horrible to me, tbh, because wouldn't it taste of soap? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Not American, so I don't really have an answer, but I remember Rachel Wissmann Busenitz (kansaswife) washing fresh fruit from the garden with water and some of her Thieves cleaning solution, which I thought was super odd. I know she's selling the Young Living stuff, so that may be part of it, but up to this point I had never seen anyone washing fruit with anything but water. Sounds horrible to me, tbh, because wouldn't it taste of soap? 

I’ve seen a spray at the grocery store called “Fit” and it’s supposed to wash your fruit. I have never tried it. I know people do worry about pesticides. Maybe that’s part of it. 

• Upvote 2

I feel like there's a wealth of witticisms that we should be saying about Brett Smith getting a heart transplant.  Like maybe he'll have a change of heart and see his son for the lying pedophile he is. Or maybe he'll take a beat and reflect on his actions alienating his daughters.  Or maybe this process will shock him into reality and he will atone for his egregious behavior.  NVM,  it's impossible that this whole journey will transplant him to reality. (Thank you for indulging the bad puns). 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

A nicely detailed run-down on the crowd Paul now hangs with, from a Wisconsin anti-fascist group: https://idavox.com/index.php/2023/01/08/fond-du-lac-waukesha-counties-wisconsin-drag-events-crashed-by-christian-nationalist-fascist/

Interesting article - thanks for posting. Most of the Mortons are private on social media so I am out of the loop. I knew they protested at abortion clinics but I did not know they'd moved on to this.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s crazy. Her oldest just turned 6 a week and a half ago. And she’s about to have her 6th. What do you get a mom having her 5th girl in 6 years? Another pink onesie? Another pink receiving blanket?

CONDOMS

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 11