IGNORED

Mortons/Campanas/Roberts/Smiths 6: The Devil Went Down to Georgia & Left a Lot of Useless Jackasses

nelliebelle1197

14 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I

I knew it. I was suspecting it because there was a picture of all of the Mortons and their significant others back when Kressant visited the US last year and Tayte was the only one not there. Martha was alone. I don't remember where I saw it though, it might've been Kressant's stories.

They never seemed happy to me. He was so young when they got married. I really don’t think it’s a good idea to get married before your brain is done growing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I

I knew it. I was suspecting it because there was a picture of all of the Mortons and their significant others back when Kressant visited the US last year and Tayte was the only one not there. Martha was alone. I don't remember where I saw it though, it might've been Kressant's stories.

Right I saw that too and it just added more fuel to the fire

• Upvote 3

Even though she was constantly posting about how they would fight all the time, I'm still shocked.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Even though she was constantly posting about how they would fight all the time, I'm still shocked.

Same, I know they've moved away from the bride price betrothal and whatnot, but I still expected them to have an absolutist policy on this. Maybe Alan's arrest changed their minds a little. And I guess there's nothing the Morton borg could do about it if Tayte simply walked out.

I do feel bad for Martha. She was shortchanged on education and opportunity and got none of what she was promised in exchange -- no brood of kids, no everlasting bond, just the better part of a decade spent wondering why it wasn't working before it finally collapsed.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Same, I know they've moved away from the bride price betrothal and whatnot, but I still expected them to have an absolutist policy on this. Maybe Alan's arrest changed their minds a little. And I guess there's nothing the Morton borg could do about it if Tayte simply walked out.

Maybe Norma (Roberts) Gilligan's divorce had an influence on Martha? I know they don't exactly hang out, but their siblings do and Campbell Roberts married Martha's brother.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Maybe Norma (Roberts) Gilligan's divorce had an influence on Martha? I know they don't exactly hang out, but their siblings do and Campbell Roberts married Martha's brother.

I'm also pretty sure that Ethan Stewart and his wife Grace are separated as well. She's deleted everything of him off her social and the same with him

• Upvote 3

On 2/7/2024 at 6:00 PM, RebeccaRay said:

I'm also pretty sure that Ethan Stewart and his wife Grace are separated as well. She's deleted everything of him off her social and the same with him

Is that Grace Sanders? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, caitrona said:

Is that Grace Sanders? 

No, her maiden name is Hadden.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, caitrona said:

Is that Grace Sanders? 

No. Grace Hadden Stewart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 2/7/2024 at 12:07 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Obviously this turned out to be a correct assumption, but the absence of a spouse at one family's gathering doesn't always mean the marriage is over. My husband and my family of origin don't get along and he doesn't go to any events with my family. He has no objection to me going, he just knows he'll be miserable so he stays home. We're very much still married. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Obviously this turned out to be a correct assumption, but the absence of a spouse at one family's gathering doesn't always mean the marriage is over. My husband and my family of origin don't get along and he doesn't go to any events with my family. He has no objection to me going, he just knows he'll be miserable so he stays home. We're very much still married. 

I think Tayte and Martha lived on the Morton property. So I think it’s probably a little different. Since they are in the same area all the time. Maybe Tayte has moved out and Martha and Zan live there while Tayte is living somewhere else. 

• Upvote 7

On 2/12/2024 at 10:48 AM, Bethy said:

Obviously but these are not normal people, besides they lived in the Morton compound, they notoriously had issues (as Martha always talked about) and he was always at these gatherings. It was a photoshoot with all of the Mortons that only Wes and Rachel missed because they're in Paraguay, even Kressant attended. It's a combination of things. Comparing them to most people who have no problem on attending events without an spouse it's pointless (and comparing their dynamics in general).

• Upvote 10

On 2/6/2024 at 10:50 PM, TheGleeTeam said:

Don't worry, she's keeping it weird in the comments on Campbell's recent video! (of Buchanan (?) making coffee in the Keurig)

ScreenShot2024-02-06at9_47_32PM.thumb.png.0965ab4b0320146b63ab5a7c16ab237d.png

I went to check out this video because I never look at the comments and look who strikes again: Sarah Shearer.

I think I actually hate this woman. I have yet to find a single redeeming thing about her.

IMG_2466.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2

She is SO AWFUL.  Her latest IG story is about the BIG PHARMA/medical complex conspiracy and how immunizations cause ear infections cause ADHD.  WTAF.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 3

1 hour ago, JMO said:

She is SO AWFUL.  Her latest IG story is about the BIG PHARMA/medical complex conspiracy and how immunizations cause ear infections cause ADHD.  WTAF.  

That’s weird since my kids have all their vaccines including the Covid vaccine. Yet they were never prone to ear infections and don’t have ADHD. She sounds so ignorant. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s weird since my kids have all their vaccines including the Covid vaccine. Yet they were never prone to ear infections and don’t have ADHD. She sounds so ignorant. 

Whereas I was completely unvaccinated until I was 13 and had terrible problems with ear infections from age 4.
But sure, vaccines cause them… Idiot!!

• Upvote 8

Since this is a Smith, Morton, Campana, and Roberts thread, I feel like I should point out that there’s been divorce in all the families now. I believe Lisa Campana was married before Frank and he is her second marriage. Norma Roberts is divorced. Of course Alan Smith and Katie Morton are divorced. And now it looks like Martha will be divorced. I’m sure there will be more in the next 10 years. People may assume fundies have very low divorce rates. But I actually think they aren’t as low as people assume. I can think of so many divorced fundies off the top of my head. Some leave fundie land altogether because divorce is so frowned on. But some stay. And are probably shamed behind their backs. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

I saw a statistic years ago that they have the regular divorce rate as non-religious groups.  You'd think they stop doubling down on their bs. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2024 at 8:54 AM, RebeccaRay said:

Martha too has kinda taken a break since her separation from tayte

Do you follow Martha? How did you know about this?

2 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

Do you follow Martha? How did you know about this?

I do follow Martha. Along with following tayte 

On 2/13/2024 at 4:50 PM, JMO said:

What a moron! Some kids are just more prone because of the shape/small size of ear drum and canal. Hence the need for tubes. My kid (fully vaxxed) has only had two infections since having tubes put in last May. My niece has ADHD because every kid adopted out of that orphanage who now lives in Canada or the US meets the criteria. Brain wiring is impacted by a variety of factors (exposure to toxins, certain viruses whilst in utero, nutrition, chaos, etc) but not a vaccine. Urg. 

• Upvote 5

On 2/13/2024 at 9:26 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

Obviously but these are not normal people, besides they lived in the Morton compound, they notoriously had issues (as Martha always talked about) and he was always at these gatherings. It was a photoshoot with all of the Mortons that only Wes and Rachel missed because they're in Paraguay, even Kressant attended. It's a combination of things. Comparing them to most people who have no problem on attending events without an spouse it's pointless (and comparing their dynamics in general).

TBH I was only following Martha on and off, but if she was talking about how hard her marriage was, I probably would have chalked it up to normal fundie-speak - they EXPECT marriage to be hard because they believe it's to make you holy, not happy, and they believe holiness is only forged in the fires of suffering. So to them, marriage isn't supposed to be fun or easy. I've seen so much "This is the hardest thing I've ever done, it's really shown me what a selfish worm I am" posting from new fundie brides. 

You're right about one thing, for sure - these are not normal people. And they - the women, in particular - do not have the usual protections and fallbacks that women outside fundamentalism have. 

• Upvote 6

On 2/15/2024 at 4:24 PM, RebeccaRay said:

I do follow Martha. Along with following tayte 

And did she post they were getting divorced or just it became obvious?

32 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

And did she post they were getting divorced or just it became obvious?

If you paid any attention you would have read already that Martha has gone silence on her Instagram and that all info has came from Tayte's social media. Either way they're separated and most likely moving towards divorce if they haven't already divorced.