IGNORED

Trump 57: Stealing Nuclear Documents And Pleading The Fifth

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

If I interpret these points correctly, there are only a very few people with the necessary security authorization who could even be considered as special master. Because the special master cannot be allowed to potentially view extremely restricted records without it. Such a person would of necessity be part of the current administration-- and they would be well aware of the need to act as fast as possible because of the ongoing security risks.

I wonder if Trump et al had that in mind when they asked for a special master...

I think he was mostly using his tactics of delay, delay, delay.  If he can wait until the Republicans possibly take things back over, they'll get rid of all the pesky prosecutors and drop all charges.  In fact, it works for him if they can't agree on a special master.  That's even more delay.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I‘m not sure if I understand the Special Master business correctly, but if security clearance is an issue, could they, for example, appoint Obama or Bush? Just wondering … 

(The orange one and his MAGAt-minions would probably have spontaneous aneurysms at the thought of Obama, I’d quite like to see that)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

I‘m not sure if I understand the Special Master business correctly, but if security clearance is an issue, could they, for example, appoint Obama or Bush? Just wondering … 

(The orange one and his MAGAt-minions would probably have spontaneous aneurysms at the thought of Obama, I’d quite like to see that)

Obama would be, on paper, a great choice.  He has the high security clearance, has an excellent legal education, was a Constitutional Law professor, and as a former POTUS (and the POTUS immediately prior to Trump) is in the prime position to understand the documents in a way most people aren't able.  Unlike Hillary Clinton, Trump can't claim any kind of conflict of interest because Obama never ran against Trump and since he had already served two full terms, can't run against Trump in 2024 (or any future POTUS election, for that matter).  He is really the ideal candidate if everyone would be able to stay calm and objective.  

Or, continuing with @Shrubbery's thought, appoint TWO special masters.  Obama and Bush.  Boom- bipartisan special masters who have both been POTUS.  Obama will bring the legal knowledge and Bush will bring...... I don't know, candy?  Bubblegum?  Folksy "aw shucks" attitude?  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He really hires the best people. /s

Invisible? Invisible. Right, okay then. Did they find the invisible documents next to a super secret, Cracker Jack box decoder ring? Jesus H…

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Invisible? Invisible. Right, okay then. Did they find the invisible documents next to a super secret, Cracker Jack box decoder ring? Jesus H…

Trump thought the stealth bombers were inviolable so….um yea. 

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, Howl said:

ABA deemed her unqualified, she's never tried a case in court, but she got an 11th hour fedsoc useful stooge appointment for just such a situation as this. 

And fuck Bill Barr upside down and sideways.  He's a wily political player and he's putting juuuuuuuust enough distance between the current Bill Barr and the corrupt Trump-toady Bill Barr. 

Not enough distance. He said the evidence is there, but they shouldn't indict Trump because it would look bad, what with him being a former president. So Barr is still the same gross Trump water-carrier he always was, just happened to say a few decent things because he wss on his reputation-repair tour.

• Upvote 7

On 9/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

20220906_jeff1.JPG

Plenty of non Americans too 👍

I have to keep reminding myself that justice can be slow. There was what, 6 months? between the raid on Josh Duggar’s car lot and his arrest, and that was a far less complicated case. 

But Trump has a lot more in the way of corrupt allies, so I also don’t want my hopes too high.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

When I listened to that dingbat talk about invisible documents, I had a flashback. About 10 years ago, my condo complex used a really crappy landscaping company for snow and ice removal. The contract required them to plow the parking lot and sidewalks to bare pavement and put down sand (in the lots) and ice melt (on the sidewalks) within two hours of the end of snow or ice falling. They kept plowing sidewalks, but leaving a layer of ice and not putting down ice melt. I’m mobility challenged and trying to take my dog out was hazardous. In fact, I fell and sprained an ankle. I complained so much, our board had the owner of the landscaping company come and speak at their monthly meeting. I purposely sat right next to him. When he finished his BS presentation, I started questioning him. He kept lying, saying they did their job. I pulled out pictures. His feeble response was “you don’t understand, Ms. Fan, we use special invisible ice melt.”  I told him we needed to start paying them with a special invisible check. 

• Love 16

11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Trump thought the stealth bombers were inviolable so….um yea. 

Invisible.  Once again I provide evidence of my shit typing and proofreading skills. 

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

When I listened to that dingbat talk about invisible documents, I had a flashback. About 10 years ago, my condo complex used a really crappy landscaping company for snow and ice removal. The contract required them to plow the parking lot and sidewalks to bare pavement and put down sand (in the lots) and ice melt (on the sidewalks) within two hours of the end of snow or ice falling. They kept plowing sidewalks, but leaving a layer of ice and not putting down ice melt. I’m mobility challenged and trying to take my dog out was hazardous. In fact, I fell and sprained an ankle. I complained so much, our board had the owner of the landscaping company come and speak at their monthly meeting. I purposely sat right next to him. When he finished his BS presentation, I started questioning him. He kept lying, saying they did their job. I pulled out pictures. His feeble response was “you don’t understand, Ms. Fan, we use special invisible ice melt.”  I told him we needed to start paying them with a special invisible check. 

Wow, what an asshat. How did it end? Did the company start doing the quality of the job they were paid to do, or did you guys start paying them for the quality of the job they actually did?

(Stole that line from Son1, who asked his boss: are you going to pay me for the work I'm actually doing, or shall I only do the work you are actually paying me for?)

Another Grand Jury investigation Trump. How many is it by now? 

• Upvote 6

Sheesh, he's such a thin skinned whiny ass baby...

I hope he actually does sue. And that the Murdochs finally drop his tangerine lard ass...

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 4

Love, love, love Rick Wilson's reaction:

"Mar-a-Gofuckyourself"

:pb_lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

Fornicate knob didn’t like it when the now King did most of the talking

Trump later said the prince "did most of the talking," but he described the heir to the British throne as "a very good person" who was "really into climate change."

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 6

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Wow, what an asshat. How did it end? Did the company start doing the quality of the job they were paid to do, or did you guys start paying them for the quality of the job they actually did?

No, they continued to do almost nothing either with snow removal or lawn work. Don't get me started on the day I found their employees joyriding on the riding lawn mowers, mowing the concrete parking lot instead of the grass. When their contract was up a few months later, we switched to a different contractor who is very good. Our property looks 1000% better.

The DOJ is appealing the special master ruling:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is great:

image.png.c5c3edba59f1def443466d1d3e4685b5.png

Yeah sometimes the ad overlords do us all a service. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More melting down:

image.png.6b061d44880a05c450e59c4f7e959520.png

Favorite for now.  Wonder how long that will last if she doesn't stick her neck out any further for the orange fuckstick.

• Upvote 8

If I compare the wording and syntax of that statement to the one he had released on the death of the Queen, I think it’s obvious he had help writing one of the two.

(Cynical me wonders if he even knows he supposedly made a statement, or whether a pre-written piece was quietly released while he was busy ranting and throwing ketchup.)

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

He also lost another case.  He had attempted to sue Hillary Clinton and Peter Strzok and others because he felt they "targeted" him and used the government to spread lies.  The judge dismissed the case and wrote a long and blistering opinion.  He said that he felt it was frivolous and, instead of being fact based, was full of grievances.  He also noted that Trump and his lawyers had tried to get the case in front of Judge Cannon but it landed on his desk instead.  So, Trump tried to judge-shop that case too.  

If you think about it, Trump has used the legal system for his entire adult life.  It's the way he has solved his problems and gotten out of sticky situations.  He must have felt like he reached Nirvana when he got to be able to appoint judges himself.  He must have felt that he would never lose again.

• Upvote 9

One of TFG's lawyers accidentally tells the truth.

• Upvote 4

Because it's always all about him...

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Because it's always all about him...

image.png.9ea488c56bd02c25f74d74642596b19d.png

Close? Oh please. I wonder how long it took Buckingham Palace staff to fumigate the place after the TFG family left.

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Xan said:

He also lost another case.  He had attempted to sue Hillary Clinton and Peter Strzok and others because he felt they "targeted" him and used the government to spread lies.  The judge dismissed the case and wrote a long and blistering opinion.  He said that he felt it was frivolous and, instead of being fact based, was full of grievances.  He also noted that Trump and his lawyers had tried to get the case in front of Judge Cannon but it landed on his desk instead.  So, Trump tried to judge-shop that case too.  

If you think about it, Trump has used the legal system for his entire adult life.  It's the way he has solved his problems and gotten out of sticky situations.  He must have felt like he reached Nirvana when he got to be able to appoint judges himself.  He must have felt that he would never lose again.

The opinion is a work of art.  The judge first points out that instead of each allegation being "simple, concise, and direct" the pleading is confusing and ridiculously long.  He then tears apart each allegation.  He notes that the pleading includes misleading information such as citing Michael Sussmann's trial but does not include that he was acquitted; using Clinton v. Jones as an argument to extend the statute of limitations for filing but fails to state that the holding in the case was that being POTUS does NOT give someone a tolling of statute of limitations; trying to argue the defendants obstructed justice in Crossfire Hurricane when the defendants were the ones who initiated Crossfire Hurricane.  The judge sets out the legal failures of procedure as well as the ridiculous attempts to twist valid legal claims into something Trump could use to sue.  (For example:  One of the claims is "malicious prosecution", claiming the Mueller investigation, Crossfire Hurricane, and other investigations were malicious.  The judge rightfully distinguishes between the tort of malicious prosecution, a valid tort, and the non-existent "malicious investigation" that the pleading tries to shoehorn into "malicious prosecution". )  My favorite part is the judge's use of Trump's social media/tweets.  Trump looooooved his Twitter and used it to spread lies and hate.  Now it's coming back to bite him in the ass. First he got kicked off Twitter permanently, then people began to point out his social media could be used against him in the DOJ investigation, then he sends out the pathetic "Why are people so mean" only to get excoriated, and now his own tweets/social media are being used to form a valid basis to dismiss his RICO lawsuit.  

I know we all keep waiting for the perp walk that may never happen, but Karma is running over him.  It took decades but as they say, the higher they are, the harder they fall.  @Xan is right in that he has used the legal system over and over and probably did feel like a king when he was able to appoint judges.  Now, though, with a couple of exceptions such as Judge Cannon (who may yet get overturned on the DOJ's appeal) he is getting clobbered in the judicial system starting with his  bullshit claims of election fraud that were quickly booted by pretty much every court in the country; judges who say lawsuits and investigations against him can continue despite his efforts to stop them; judges who are dismissing lawsuits, injunctions and other attempts he has filed to stop things from happening to him; even his stacked SCOTUS has delivered a few blows to him.  As someone who demands loyalty from everyone but gives none to anyone, I for one am truly enjoying seeing him realize that once he stepped out of his Donald Trump Bubble, he was no longer immune to the criticism, scrutiny, and even legal remedies others may (and have and likely will continue) to send his way.  Karma is just going to keep slamming him and there is nothing  he can do to stop it.  

I found Judge Middlebrooks' full opinion here, which is not behind a paywall (and yes, I am chuckling at the irony that he is a Bill Clinton appointee dismissing a case against, among other defendants, Hillary Clinton):

https://lawandcrime.com/trump/judge-throws-out-trumps-rico-lawsuit-against-hillary-clinton-length-hyperbole-and-the-settling-of-scores-and-grievances-have-no-legal-merit/ 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic