IGNORED

Trump 57: Stealing Nuclear Documents And Pleading The Fifth

GreyhoundFan

16 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Pick a lane folks. They want to play Hunter up as a raging drug addict who can’t control himself and is sending out sick pics because he’s so out of his mind, but he’s also masterminding an extensive plan to plant fake proof at MAL, but he’s stupid enough to leave it on his laptop and leave that laptop at some no-name repair shop, but the fake MAL proof contains documents Trump declassified so it’s not fake proof but real just declassified by Jedi mind tricks, but Tucker Carlson it was it Sean Hannity had the laptop and sent it somewhere to keep the damning information safe but it never could be produced and now John Ratcliffe has it but a special master has to look at the documents seized at MAL that required a search warrant because Trump and Co wouldn’t turn them over despite many chances because Trump is claiming privilege over fake proof?  It’s almost as if he is lying and can’t keep his stories straight but knows his base will jump on certain words/phrases in order to find a way to ignore the glaring proof that he is a fraud. 

(Please forgive my lack of reactions to your many posts. Life has gotten in the way of spending time with you smart FJ posters and I need to catch up.) 

This reminds me So much of Josh Duggar’s legal defense. Talking about the router and modem and McDonalds and France. I’d call it the spaghetti approach; throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, to muddy the waters and to give the clan something to repeat, ad nauseam, in Trump’s defense.

So stupid, but so are many people.

• Upvote 10

I follow former US national security lawyer Barb McQuade on Twitter. She’s made the point that some of Trump’s legal woes all depend on documents, and documents don’t lie. This will make a strong legal defense much harder.

Also, the DOJ was trying to keep the document dispute quiet. It is possible that once they had retrieved the government documents and conducted their mitigation, they would have let things slide. But Trump had to open his mouth and let the world know there had been a search warrant and a grand jury subpoena. It makes it a lot harder to avoid indictment if that’s where the investigation leads, because it sets a bad precedent in the public’s eye.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, BensAllergies said:

Also, the DOJ was trying to keep the document dispute quiet. It is possible that once they had retrieved the government documents and conducted their mitigation, they would have let things slide. But Trump had to open his mouth and let the world know there had been a search warrant and a grand jury subpoena. It makes it a lot harder to avoid indictment if that’s where the investigation leads, because it sets a bad precedent in the public’s eye.

The DOJ didn't leak.  I think the leak was from Trump's side and he did it on purpose.  He wanted to make it seem like an illegal raid and wanted public pressure to appoint a special master.  Through that special master, he really needs for his attorneys to find out what info the DOJ has and, possibly, which documents they have that he has either already given to foreign powers or owes to foreign powers.  It doesn't seem to be working out for him.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic