IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 43

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

If their Impossible sausage is the same one that is sold over here (in the shops, we don't have Cracker Barrel) then they're pretty damn good. My omni son likes them just as much as the animal version. So if you have the chance, and the inclination, they're well worth the try. 

• Upvote 3

5794D827-6C30-4CB1-B1E9-418DE00EB1A6.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

D626338C-7B5E-4269-AE53-209531C826E1.thumb.jpeg.26957aa7ab3d92f9d61e053f43b0add8.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

40 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.4dd2370575cf8ff0c848f2e5b875888f.png

Me too, my FJ friends. Me too. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Me too, my FJ friends. Me too. 

So do I except my looks more like this

OrangeLeFuckFace.thumb.png.c7ac7e42e87f1052fd82b1ee1cdc99b7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Bless you for including dark roots on Vankie and picking Pouty Trump, Derp Junior, and Real Boy Jared. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Where’s Eric?

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Where’s Eric?

He started playing with the fingerprint pad.  They're still cleaning him up.

• Haha 16

image.png.408018097201aeb0d82a9ed5ed19b06a.png

"Threats To Democracy"

The issues that are of most concern to voters heading into the midterms elections this November are the cost of living, jobs, economy, immigration, crime, and climate change. But, we have a new number one issue and that is…threats to democracy. Good.

Threats to our democracy should be the number one concern for voters. Usually, I’m afraid voters don’t understand what threatens our nation and they prove me right by freaking out over immigration or Critical Race Theory. It’s very encouraging that they at least understand there are threats to our democracy. I just hope they understand where the threats are coming from and who’s doing the threatening.

The economy is improving. We’re still adding more jobs. Inflation and gas prices are coming down. Still, President Biden’s approval ratings are still very low despite the fact he’s doing a good job. But, the enthusiasm gap has closed within two points between Democratic and Republican voters. I just hope enthusiasm is high for independent voters, and they don’t allow themselves to be bamboozled again by bullshit issues like Critical Race Theory.

Last year, Independent voters in Virginia showed they have a short attention span and within the span of a year, forgot that Republicans tried to destroy our democracy and voted for a lying Republican fucknut for governor, Glenn Youngkin. Now, he’s spying on teachers, working to cut the state’s education budget, and is ready to sign some abortion bans. He probably keeps a picture of Ron DeSantis on his nightstand.

Republicans will point at this latest poll and claim they’re the ones trying to save democracy, but that’s as much bullshit as their phrase “election integrity.”

Here’s the thing, kids: The only people taking away rights are Republicans. Who’s banning abortion?

Down in Florida, Governor Ron DeSantis is trying to outlaw “wokeness,” despite it being his favorite word. Ron DeSantis is working to turn Florida into a fascist state as he’s banning speech and firing elected prosecutors. State laws says the local government has to pick up the tab after the state removed Disney’s special governing district, but DeSantis is going to ignore the law and send Disney the bill anyway. DeSantis has decided he’s the law in Florida. Now, he wants to be president.

If DeSantis becomes president, we’ll finally have our answer to the question, who can be a bigger fascist, DeSantis or Donald Trump?

Donald Trump stole government documents, many of them classified. He’s arguing he has privilege over these government documents and nobody else can see them, including the real president, Joe Biden. This is an attempt at fascism. Trump is acting like he’s still president. Mussolini also thought he was still the rightful leader of Italy after he was deposed (before his people did to him what Trump’s people wanted to do to Mike Pence).

This follows the insurrection on January 6, 2021. Republicans will tell you it wasn’t an insurrection, but it was a full-fledged coup attempt to make the loser of a free and fair democratic election a fascist dictator.

Donald Trump and Republicans have spent the past several years telling us democracy doesn’t work and we can’t trust elections. So, let’s not vote for Republicans.

Fortunately, as Donald Trump is screaming that the nation is upset his home was searched by the FBI because he stole shit, nearly 60 percent of Americans want the investigations (plural) into Trump to continue. Americans are not upset. Goons are upset. Goons who wanted to overthrow our government are upset. Trump stole government documents. These documents did not belong to him. Why did he want them? What were his plans for them? He tried to overturn an election. He refused a peaceful transfer of power. He still hasn’t conceded and still claims he won. He also points out he’s the Republican frontrunner, and this is true.

The fact Trump is the GOP frontrunner is proof Republicans are the greatest threat to American democracy. Because they can’t win fairly, they’re changing laws in multiple states making it harder for minorities to vote. If Republicans succeed in placing Donald Trump back into the White House or even elect DeSantis, I believe our democracy is over.

Even Republican attempts to make laws telling public schools what they can and can’t teach, wiping out history books and literature, are fascist moves. It’s propaganda and re-education.

American voters understand threats to democracy are the number one issue facing this nation. I hope voters see it’s Republicans, who are trying to keep millions of them from voting, who are the threats.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

image.png.285c56699094913b44f041d94a3b0f6a.png

"Wegner, Oz, And Crudites"

When Dr. Oz made a campaign video for his Senate campaign where he’s pretending to be an ordinary flesh-and-blood human being and not a millionaire robot in a grocery store for the first time in his life, he revealed just how out of touch he is with the people whose votes he’s asking for. It came off like Mr. Burns’ race for governor when he made a campaign event out of having dinner at one of his employees’ homes.

For Oz, it was like, “so this is where all the troglodytes shop.” Too bad there wasn’t a three-headed fish in his buggy.

Oz was complaining about prices in the produce aisle, which was the first sign he had never been in one before. It also didn’t look good when he asked if each shopping cart came with a chauffeur (I made that up. They probably edited it out).

The next gaffe was while shopping at Redner’s, he confused and combined it with Wegman’s, and referred to the place as “Wegners.” Yeah, first time in a grocery store. Also, we have a Wegman’s here and if that’s where you’re shopping to be like the common man, well la-dee-da you. If you want to know what prices are for everyone, you don’t find them at Wegman’s. Redner’s, I don’t know about.

Then, he said he was purchasing produce to make a plate of Crudités. Now you burger and beer people might be asking, “What the fuck is a Crudité?” Honestly, I had to ask too.

It’s the correct terminology, so Dr. Oz didn’t get it wrong. Crudités are a plate of sliced raw vegetables. You know, the stuff that comes with your chicken wings. Yeah, those. But in addition to carrots and celery, a plate of crudités may also feature baby corn, bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, fennel, etc. Who the fuck eats something called “fennel?” I don’t. Maybe I should. As I said, Dr. Oz was correct in calling it “crudités,” but he was also wrong because nobody…and I mean nobody, ever calls a plate of vegetables “crudités.” Most people, except for billionaires and their robotic surrogates, call plates of vegetables, “plates of vegetables.” Maybe they’ll go with veggie platter. But nobody says, “crudités.”

Seriously, it was a Mr. Burns move, attempting to relate to the swill that lives beneath him.

Within 24 hours of the video’s release, Oz’s opponent, John Fetterman, raised over $500,000 from it. Typically when you make a campaign video, it’s supposed to make money for your campaign, not your opponent’s. It was so bad, that even Tucker Carlson was laughing at it. Usually, the only thing that makes Tucker laugh is separating brown babies from their parents and locking them in dog crates.

It’s shit like this from the crop of Trumpian-endorsed Senate candidates that has Mitch McConnell giving up on retaking the Senate.

Creative note: This was published Sunday morning and in all that time between now and then, nobody noticed the one Easter egg I hid in this cartoon. Shame on you. Shame on the lot of you. Hint: It’s amongst the crudités

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic