More:

Spoiler

I hope the judge throws the book at him 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 5

Another one has been sentenced:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

Yeah I just heard about ol Dougie going away for five years. 

The Iowa man seen on video leading a mob chasing a Capitol police officer was sentenced to 5 years in prison Friday morning.

Charges include obstruction of an official proceeding, disorderly conduct, and entering a restricted building with a dangerous weapon.

Prosecutors recommended he spend 64 months in prison, which is close to what he was sentenced to.

They called him a ringleader who was proud of his actions and attention.

I'm full of ideas about where that sack of manure should spend his sentence too.  Leavenworth, Marion, Florence....

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Another one has been sentenced:

I wonder how long it'll be before QElon starts banning people for posting news updates about the branch trumpvidian terrorists?

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I'm full of ideas about where that sack of manure should spend his sentence too.  Leavenworth, Marion, Florence....

I’d love to see him at Red Onion, but that’s a Virginia state prison, not a federal facility. I think the J6 rioters, especially the ringleaders and ones who were  extra awful, should get time somewhere that is not a country club. 

For those who aren’t familiar:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Onion_State_Prison

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’d love to see him at Red Onion, but that’s a Virginia state prison, not a federal facility. I think the J6 rioters, especially the ringleaders and ones who were  extra awful, should get time somewhere that is not a country club. 

For those who aren’t familiar:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Onion_State_Prison

Personally I’d like to see Dougie serve his time at Fort Madison but that’s a state prison. That’s not a country club. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_State_Penitentiary

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Personally I’d like to see Dougie serve his time at Fort Madison but that’s a state prison. That’s not a country club. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_State_Penitentiary

Ah, the infamous White Castle. I’ve been inside for work related reasons. I’ve been in several other jails and prisons but the White Castle is the only one that ever gave me real chills first passing through the gates and then once inside and the security doors shut. I agree with you, @47of74, that it would be good if the insurrectionists had to serve there. I don’t think Dougie would be as tough as he thought he was when he was leading a group to go up against a lone officer. I’ll say it again (and will repeat it as often as I get the opening) Eugene Goodman is an absolute HERO whose quick thinking and solid bravery are very likely the reasons that the deaths and injuries were as limited as they were and that no members of Congress, their staff, Pence, or his staff and family were harmed.

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Ah, the infamous White Castle. I’ve been inside for work related reasons. I’ve been in several other jails and prisons but the White Castle is the only one that ever gave me real chills first passing through the gates and then once inside and the security doors shut. I agree with you, @47of74, that it would be good if the insurrectionists had to serve there. I don’t think Dougie would be as tough as he thought he was when he was leading a group to go up against a lone officer. I’ll say it again (and will repeat it as often as I get the opening) Eugene Goodman is an absolute HERO whose quick thinking and solid bravery are very likely the reasons that the deaths and injuries were as limited as they were and that no members of Congress, their staff, Pence, or his staff and family were harmed.

The old one or the present ISP, @AlmostSavedAtTacoBell?  The old castle like ISP was shut down in 2015 and the prisoners all sent to a new facility about a mile up the road.  I guess the plan eventually is to transfer the old building to a non-profit and repurpose the building. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

The old one or the present ISP, @AlmostSavedAtTacoBell?  The old castle like ISP was shut down in 2015 and the prisoners all sent to a new facility about a mile up the road.  I guess the plan eventually is to transfer the old building to a non-profit and repurpose the building. 

Old one. I missed that ISP closed in 2015. Like you, I bid adieu to Iowa awhile ago and haven’t looked back. But damn that old ISP was seriously creepy. I had been warned before my first trip that it’s not like other facilities but my naive little self thought “Oh sure. Whatever. I am chill.” But it really was a big difference. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

My heart rejoiced as the January 6 Committee referred various criminal charges to the DOJ.  Here is a link to the summary the news outlets are talking about.  
January 6 committee summary

:popcorn:

Just trump? What about mark meadows or any of the MAGA members of congress or the senate?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Just trump? What about mark meadows or any of the MAGA members of congress or the senate?

I haven’t had a chance to read through the summary, but during the hearing, they mentioned Trump, Eastman, “and others.”  The more referred, the better!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Eeep. I thought I was responding to something on YouTube.  😳 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 1

She is such a piece of work:

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 3

56 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She is such a piece of work:

Alternative facts. (I will forever curse that troll for bringing that phrase into the vernacular and giving permission to people to accept lies as truths.) 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Just in time for Christmas! “Fags for Trump”- offensive in so many ways. I like to think the team arresting the guy are hearing those two loudmouths and are just thinking, “Yeah, I’m getting paid to be here. You, you’re getting nothing other than the reputation of Neighborhood Nutjobs.” 

• Upvote 5

Kellyanne Conway testified that Trump justified the attack on the Capitol as people being "upset."

The stage is being set  to frame what Trump did and didn't do re: Jan 6th and the lead up to it as "reckless but not criminal."  

The year ahead will be pivotal in determining if our democracy survives. At this time I have zero confidence in Garland to move forward with charging Trump and all the others who participated in the attempted coup, including those 130 or so elected representatives..  Most or all of them are lawyers -- they knew EXACTLY what they were promoting. 

I also fear more stochastic terrorism and outright terrorism.  Many keyboard warriors with visions of glory are looking at the sentences being handed to the Jan 6th rioters and decide they'll remain cowering in their metaphorical (or literal) basements. However, that leaves the true crazies to go out in a blaze or glory -- the ones who crave death by cops or want to die in service to...QAnon, I guess?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Gee, Ginni discussed the election with her husband.  Too bad he has no sense if ethical behavior .

• Thank You 5

Good. They all deserve to be locked up. 

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic