IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout Part 16: Public Hearings Are Underway

GreyhoundFan

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Aw, she has the sads. I’d feel bad for her if she hadn’t been an insurrectionist involved in an attempted coup that included contemplating the murder of several high level members of our government. 

• Upvote 5

I wonder what crap she spewed:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

32 minutes ago, Howl said:

This is a good move for the committee to do so the public, and especially historians, have access to everything.  I didn’t find this announcement on the committee’s website.  Do you know where this statement came from? 

• Upvote 5

The DOJ is continuing to change rioters. Good. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

I’m picturing these two idiots in S.E. DC.  It is not likely to go well for them  

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’m picturing these two idiots in S.E. DC.  It is not likely to go well for them  

I’m glad these two are now convicted felons, but I do wish they’d had a little bit of jail time.  My opinion, but they’ll probably be out and about causing more mischief once their probation and community service is over, if not before. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm glad they're continuing but I'd really like them to start charging some more of the actual organisers. I'd like the Murdochs - both Rupert and Lachlan - to be answering questions about their contribution along with their staff. I'd like Ginni Thomas to be answering questions. I'd like to see the money trails followed. Convicting the low hanging fruit is fine but the top needs to be held accountable too or we'll be looking at this again and again.

Also I know humans are very good at connecting dots but I'm finding the fires in the secret service vehicle rental returns kind of freaky.

• Upvote 9

Remember how fornicated up the 2020 Iowa Democratic Caucuses were?  Well it looks like the Democrats are planning to have Michigan go first now.

Politico is reporting that Michigan will take over and replace Iowa as the early nominating state for Democrats in 2024.

Jonathan Martin, a senior political reporter for Politico, has stated that Minnesota made an aggressive play for the ‘First in the Nation’ spot, but that Biden’s ties to the state and its importance in the general election for Democrats, made a decisive factor to the committee.

The news comes as no surprise after the DNC passed a resolution announcing that it wanted states that went early in the nominating process to meet standards of diversity, competitiveness, and feasibility.

Iowa came under scrutiny in 2020 for chaos during Democratic caucuses that year and delayed results.

If I lived in Iowa I'd be down with that.  After the cluster fornicate that was the 2020 caucuses I swore I'd never go to another one again.  I was pissed cause it was two hours of my life I wasn't going to get back and plus it was at the same time as one of the last in person meetings for the camera club as the pandemic hit in the US just a few weeks later.  I chose the caucus over the camera club and it turned out to be a mess.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4

It's not the nice long prison sentences I wanted but I guess it'll do

Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman robocalled roughly 85,000 voters across Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Ohio in the summer of 2020, falsely telling them that voting by mail would risk "giving your private information to the man."

Prosecutors say the pair were targeting neighborhoods known to have a high percentage of Black voters.

Wohl and Burkman, who initially said in an interview with CNN that they weren't responsible for the calls, pleaded guilty to telecommunications fraud in Ohio in October.

On Tuesday, Ohio's Cuyahoga County Common Pleas court sentenced them to two years of probation, six months of monitoring with a GPS ankle bracelet, $2,500 each in fines and 500 hours of registering voters in Washington, D.C.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Not sure I like this. The good citizens of D.C. should not be infected with these criminals. Rather they should have to empty toilets off airplanes and trains and without any PPEs  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Not sure I like this. The good citizens of D.C. should not be infected with these criminals. Rather they should have to empty toilets off airplanes and trains and without any PPEs  

I agree with you. I feel really uncomfortable sending two people who made their best effort to disenfranchise minority voters in an area where they would register minority voters. I can see them purposely messing with the registration forms so the people who think they can vote actually aren't able to.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Apologies to all D.C. folk. I just reread this and it looks like I said they should be cleaning out airplane toilets. 
I meant the Jan 6 cockroaches. 

• Upvote 4

On 12/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

I don’t know the statute of limitations on the various potential charges but I suspect people involved in the Jan. 6 insurrection who have not been charged are either thinking they are getting away with it or fearing they will get charged. If they are in the first category and are in the later rounds of people charged, imagine how much their lives are suddenly turned upside down. They thought they were scott free then suddenly almost 2 years later they find themselves facing federal charges. The second group probably spend time worrying that their time will come - which may never happen so they waste time and energy fretting about something that might not come to fruition. 

Either way, good. 

• Upvote 8

Moron

A Capitol rioter who filmed himself assaulting a police officer did interviews from jail with documentary filmmaker Alexandra Pelosi, the daughter of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, per court documents.

Driving the news: In a sentencing memorandum Friday, prosecutors said Ronald Sandlin, a 35-year-old from Tennessee, repeatedly tried to profit "from his criminal conduct" on Jan. 6, 2021, by selling video footage he took during the insurrection.

One such instance was during recorded jail calls with Alexandra Pelosi, in which he discussed "providing his footage to her as well as his conspiracy theories," the court documents state.

He also instructed a friend to watermark his footage from inside the Capitol so that he could send a sample to potential buyers.

• Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No surprise. 

Let’s hear again about how they were just a bunch of peaceful tourists, shall we? Where are all the people who were screaming about blue lives mattering? Shouldn’t they be outraged by the danger these insurrectionists are causing correctional officers? Oh wait, I keep forgetting they are white and Republican. 

I would bet my prized Men Without Hats album that at least 50% of these jackasses have railed against inmates who get fed, clothed and housed on taxpayer money and who happily sent around that stupid email about “Sheriff Joe” back in the day, gleefully reveling in the details of inmates wearing pink, sleeping in tents in high heat, only being allowed Disney & the weather channel, etc. and seeing that racist asshole as some kind of hero. Now they are finding out it’s not so clear cut and that it turns out being incarcerated is not pleasant even without a blowhard on a power trip who endangered lives and ultimately cost the country far more in lawsuits and fines than he supposedly saved in charge. 

• Upvote 6

Seeing Mitch McConnell's goofy turtle blank stare when they passed him by in the line just made my fucking DAY.  He looked like the surprised Pikachu meme. 

Today's news was a virtual schadenfreude buffet.  Good stuff. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic