IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout Part 16: Public Hearings Are Underway

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Big surprise, Barnett is taking his conviction like a toddler:

“Washington DC, which is not even a state….” Yes, because a specific decision was made to create a territory for the US as its hub that would NOT be in any state so no state could claim superiority over another. Nevertheless it was granted all federal jurisdictional rights and powers including holding federal criminal trials with jurors selected from its federal district. 

It continues to bring me great pleasure to see these morons who chose to be completely ignorant of basic US government structure and procedures; got behind a lying con man; continued to listen to him despite literally years of Trump showing them he is a straight up idiot and not to be trusted; and then outright betrayed the US on January 6 continue to be surprised when they are not only held accountable for their actions but don’t get to play White Man Card by dictating the rules of the game. “Whaddya mean if I refuse to be vaccinated I have to be held in a segregated area?” “ Whaddya mean I can’t get an Arkansas jury ‘of my peers’* meaning a bunch of white supremacist Trump lovin’ 2A nuts?” “Whaddya mean I can’t just do what I want and then say I didn’t know I couldn’t? Don’t you get that I am a WHITE MALE?”

*It’s especially funny that these guys think “jury of peers” means “white guys who think like me.” Not even close. “Jury of peers” has been defined as a “fair representation of a cross-section of the demographic of the population of the venue”.  In this case, as long as the pool fairly represented the cross-section of DC, it IS a jury of his peers. If he wanted an Arkansas jury he should’ve committed his crime in Arkansas. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

If he wanted an Arkansas jury he should’ve committed his crime in Arkansas. 

And then he'd still have whinged because they weren't all white men.

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The Oath Keepers were described by federal prosecutors as armed and dangerous traitors, and by their attorneys as hapless has-beens who stumbled into chaos

Why not both? 

Vallejo came with friends from Arizona; he spent the morning of Jan. 6 trying to figure out where he parked his truck the day before

For some reason I find this both relatable and hilarious. Dude, where's my arms cache?

After the riot, the Oath Keepers dined at an Olive Garden in Tysons. At first, they were eagerly planning next steps, attendee Joe Harrington testified, like “preparing for a trip to Disney World.” Then they learned that federal agents were looking for them, and it was “like when the lights come on and the cockroaches scatter.” Several members woke up the next morning to find that their leaders had hastily left D.C.

Of all thing that is what gets me. They knew damn well what they had done - even if it was all cos-playing in their minds initially they fled the minute they thought they might be held accountable. 

Responsibility really rests at our politicians’ feet,” Moerschel’s attorney, Scott Weinberg said.

I bet these guys are really big on the "personal responsibility" narrative for everything except their own actions. Welcome to the actual responsibility part.

• Upvote 12

Oh please, he brought a stun gun with him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 9

I love this. Keep the trial in DC:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I can't be all bad, I gave hoagies to police officers... sigh.

• Eyeroll 9
  • Haha 1

Rioter who chemical sprayed Capitol Officer Sicknick sentenced to 80 months in prison

Julian Khater showed up on Jan  6 with bear/pepper spray. He kicked Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick in the face and also sprayed him with the bear/pepper spray.  Sicknick passed away the next day from a series of strokes.  From the article linked above: Washington, D.C., Chief Medical Examiner Francisco Diaz found that Sicknick died from natural causes after suffering multiple strokes; Diaz told the Washington Post, "all that transpired played a role in his condition."

80 months isn't enough, but that's what he got. 

Khater's co-conspirator should be sentenced soon. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7

20 years would have been better for that reprehensible behavior.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 15

Another fuck face supporting terrorist from Iowa couldn't keep his nose clean

A St. Ansgar man who pleaded guilty to taking part in the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol has been arrested again, this time for allegedly taking surreptitious video of a female customer in a tanning salon owned by his family.

Daryl Johnson, 52, is charged with invasion of privacy, a misdemeanor, according to court filings. The complaint states that on Jan. 27, Johnson placed his cell phone atop a dividing wall separating tanning rooms at iSun Tan 24/7 in Clear Lake, pointing its camera into an adjacent room where a woman was tanning. The woman told investigators she did not know or consent to being filmed as she was undressing and using the tanning bed.

The new charges, which were first reported by the Globe Gazette in Mason City, come seven months after Johnson was sentenced to 30 days in prison for his role in the Capitol riot. Johnson and his son, Daniel of Austin, Minnesota, were charged with entering the Capitol through a shattered window and at one point allowing more rioters to enter by rushing a group of police officers who were trying to hold a door to the building shut .

Johnson pleaded guilty in that case to civil disorder, a felony. His son pleaded to the same charge and received a four-month sentence. Aside from Johnson's federal case, state records do not show any other prior criminal convictions.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

El Douche showed again what a thin skin he has 

One needn’t be an expert in psychology to understand that Donald Trump has some of the thinnest skin known to man. A prime example of this would be his apparent decision to run for president because Seth Meyers made fun of him. Another? His administration’s reaction to a celebrity calling him a “pussy ass bitch” on Twitter.

If you’re having trouble accessing this particular incident from the memories so many of us have repressed from the Trump years, a quick refresh. In September 2019, Trump, who’d not yet been banned (and unbanned) from Twitter, logged on to his favorite social media site and complained that he wasn‘t getting enough credit for the bipartisan criminal reform bill that had passed through Congress and been signed into law. Specifically, he wrote: “Guys like boring musician @johnlegend, and his filthy mouthed wife, are talking now about how great it is—but I didn’t see them around when we needed help getting it passed.” Chrissy Teigenis obviously the wife of John Legend, though she had not been tagged or referred to by name, which inspired her to send a tweet of her own reading, “Lol what a pussy ass bitch. tagged everyone but me. an honor, mister president.”

Anyway, life went on and we didn’t hear much about this thereafter. But on Wednesday, amid a congressional hearing about Twitter’s decision to limit users’ ability to read a New York Post articleabout Hunter Biden’s laptop—which Republicans naturally believe is evidence of a vast conspiracy—it suddenly popped up again.

Specifically, we learned, thanks to the testimony of Anika Collier Navaroli, a former member of Twitter’s content moderation team, that the White House sprang to action upon reading Teigen’s tweet. “The White House almost immediately thereafter contacted Twitter to demand the tweet be taken down. Is that accurate?” Representative Gerry Connolly asked Navaroli. “I do remember hearing we’d received a request from the White House to make sure we evaluated this tweet, and they wanted it to come down because it was a derogatory statement directed at the president,” she said.

Keith Olbermann had a lot of fun with this today on his podcast. 

• Thank You 5

I hope Joyce is right and Smith makes a decision soon.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I hope Joyce is right and Smith makes a decision soon.

I agree with Alene's take on it though I question how much Pence's testimony is actually needed for an airtight case.  What I believe it primarily may be needed for is to avoid the possibility of Pence later contradicting the Committee's findings, and to protect Pence from MAGAts who might want to compel him to contradict their findings (the two may be the same).

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I agree with Alene's take on it though I question how much Pence's testimony is actually needed for an airtight case.  What I believe it primarily may be needed for is to avoid the possibility of Pence later contradicting the Committee's findings, and to protect Pence from MAGAts who might want to compel him to contradict their findings (the two may be the same).

This might be true, but I think Smith wants to have Pence's testimony about the one on one meeting (without aides present!) he had with Trump on (I believe) the morning of Jan 6. So, other than Trump, Pence is the only one who Smith can ask about what was said during that particular conversation.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Like he'd willingly help anyone other than himself:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I have some sympathy for Cua based solely on age and that he seems to have realised he is really, really in deep shit. Hopefully he learns from this, and finds better company to hang out with.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Imagine telling your grandkis one day that your nickname was "Sedition Panda"...

• Haha 9

Spoiler

• Thank You 6

I don’t want to go to prison until it’s a convenient time:

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic