IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout Part 16: Public Hearings Are Underway

GreyhoundFan

I haven’t thought about Jacob Wohl in a long time.  It’s so easy to get distracted by all the other scoundrels out there!  I hope they both get some prison time, and I wish the fines were larger.  

• Upvote 4

How long until he claims he doesn’t know her and that maybe she brought him a Diet Coke once?

• Thank You 6

I guess the big signs were confusing. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 5

Jacob Wohl really did provide some entertainment when he and his buddy kept making up sex/sexual assault scandals only to have the people they were going to pay off either refuse to go through with it or, in the Elizabeth Warren case, be so moronic he a) forgot he had posted his “sex scar” on social media explaining its actual cause (accidentally being hit by a chain from a swing) and b) couldn’t keep his stories straight. (Her “Go Cougars” tweet was epic.) Thank goodness, though, that the people they tried to hire refused to be part of it and publicly said what kind of schemes Wohl & co cooked up. (If I recall correctly one of the Mueller allegations was busted because he could prove he was actually on jury duty in another location the date they were claiming he had raped a colleague.)  Seeing a scammer and schemer end up a convicted felon after doing a lot of damage to others (including one man who invested in one of Wohl’s sham companies committing suicide when the money could not be repaid) is not total justice but it’s something. 

The Hope Hicks news gives me (no pun intended) hope. Trump was pretty enamored by her and he seems like the kind of gross man who will trip over himself to impress a woman he finds beautiful. I suspect he told her anything and everything; showed her top secret documents; and let her in on things she shouldn’t have ever known.  She was there for Jan. 6 and if I recall correctly resigned shortly afterwards (but did not publicly criticize the insurrection instead claimed it was something about having another thing set up.) She had his ear and probably knows quite a lot. 

• Upvote 6

Oh, for fuck’s sake:

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 6

What the hell?  I know I'm old but we used to have a sense of shame in this country.  You couldn't just go around outright lying about people and events without getting ridiculed.  Now they're blaming Nancy Pelosi for Trump's insurgents running around in the Capitol?  Did she encourage them to defecate on the floors too?  I hate these people.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

6 hours ago, Xan said:

What the hell?  I know I'm old but we used to have a sense of shame in this country.  You couldn't just go around outright lying about people and events without getting ridiculed.  Now they're blaming Nancy Pelosi for Trump's insurgents running around in the Capitol?  Did she encourage them to defecate on the floors too?  I hate these people.

@Xan, you nailed it. The lack of basic values and sense of morality is missing in these people and they are not being held accountable on any level that matters. My parents used several methods of punishment for lying that I won’t recount here as they could be very triggering for others who had been punished with the kind of methods that today would definitely cause a CPS and criminal child abuse investigation. But these days they just roll with the lies. They go from “He/She didn’t say that” to, when I show them proof, “The lamestream media has an agenda” to, when I point out they can’t edit IN something that was never said, “Well I don’t care. I don’t like (fill in Democrat.) I have bluntly asked whether they care if a candidate lies. My mother asked, “Which candidate?” When I asked why it mattered, she said, “Because it does. If a Republican lies it’s for a good reason. If a Democrat lies it’s to cover up something.” The disconnect is mind boggling. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

On 10/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

@Xan, you nailed it. The lack of basic values and sense of morality is missing in these people and they are not being held accountable on any level that matters. My parents used several methods of punishment for lying that I won’t recount here as they could be very triggering for others who had been punished with the kind of methods that today would definitely cause a CPS and criminal child abuse investigation. But these days they just roll with the lies. They go from “He/She didn’t say that” to, when I show them proof, “The lamestream media has an agenda” to, when I point out they can’t edit IN something that was never said, “Well I don’t care. I don’t like (fill in Democrat.) I have bluntly asked whether they care if a candidate lies. My mother asked, “Which candidate?” When I asked why it mattered, she said, “Because it does. If a Republican lies it’s for a good reason. If a Democrat lies it’s to cover up something.” The disconnect is mind boggling. 

This past summer I asked my elderly, Catholic mother how she could still support a man who very likely is a criminal (Trump). And she turned to me and said she didn’t care what he did, says or does because gas is now more expensive, and her 401K is tanking…. Let me tell you, my parents are dual government pensioned own 3 homes, 2 in very high COLA areas and have zero money issues. But the gas price. I asked do you think the POTUS controls the gas prices? How about the prices in other countries? Response- Biden is old and dumb and ruining the country. My response, turn off Fox News. In no other area does she so signs of dementia. She was not outwardly like this before Trump-

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 5

Yes turn off all the misinformation news.  It's garbage in, garbage out.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yes turn off all the misinformation news.  It's garbage in, garbage out.  

I remember reading in "we wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families" that the Canadian UN general there at the time sought permission to blow up the radio transmitter and stop the government propaganda that was helping drive the genocide. He was refused permission (and I've wondered ever since what would have happened if he'd just done it anyway and asked for forgiveness.) 

Also have wondered how much difference it would make if Fox etc were fined every time they broadcast outright lies, and/or the fairness doctrine was reinstated. The internet has certainly changed things and God knows what will happen with Twitter now..

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In no other area does she so signs of dementia. She was not outwardly like this before Trump-

I have, maybe had, a friend my own age (early 60s) who has also become like this.  I feel like the right-wing media machine, along with some degree of COVID isolation, has accomplished full and effective brainwashing - they're told the same things over and over, told who/what to listen to and watch and that the rest are "fake".  She has recently thrown a few insults directly at me, which never used to happen before.  She seems sorry about what she says after I call her on it.  We've tried to avoid talking about politics but it's hard to avoid it completely; e.g., when what should be an innocuous mention of driving somewhere leads to mention of gas prices which leads to her blaming Biden.  I'm OK with a bit of back and forth about politicians and politics but am not OK with sudden, nasty, personal insults.  We've never agreed on politics and it was no big deal.  I'm letting some time go by to see how I feel about trying to continue the relationship.

It's very sad.  This has been a really solid long-term friendship.  Or maybe that's just what I thought.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 10

On 10/28/2022 at 1:42 PM, Dandruff said:

I have, maybe had, a friend my own age (early 60s) who has also become like this.  I feel like the right-wing media machine, along with some degree of COVID isolation, has accomplished full and effective brainwashing - they're told the same things over and over, told who/what to listen to and watch and that the rest are "fake".  She has recently thrown a few insults directly at me, which never used to happen before.  She seems sorry about what she says after I call her on it.  We've tried to avoid talking about politics but it's hard to avoid it completely; e.g., when what should be an innocuous mention of driving somewhere leads to mention of gas prices which leads to her blaming Biden.  I'm OK with a bit of back and forth about politicians and politics but am not OK with sudden, nasty, personal insults.  We've never agreed on politics and it was no big deal.  I'm letting some time go by to see how I feel about trying to continue the relationship.

It's very sad.  This has been a really solid long-term friendship.  Or maybe that's just what I thought.

Well my folks are nearing 90. They need people in their lives. Plus their being at the end I feel badly that this is how their closest relationships have become, so strained. None of their close family are like this. They just keep saying “we are conservatives “ as if that’s some badge of honor. Listen, the people you verbally support are not principled conservatives…Trump just gave them the OK to be openly racist and misogynistic- These are not the people who raised me. My mom even said she “didn’t used to be like this” when my husband told her she was racist. At which point I told her to reflect on when and why she became one. The Trump campaign and Russia did a really good job of targeting people through social media and spamming them with negative, angry, disinformation. My parents love Facebook…add in 24/7 Fox and Shazam! 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

Ooh, I bet Lindsey is crying in his mimosas tonight:

• Upvote 9

20 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Ooh, I bet Lindsey is crying in his mimosas tonight:

Hey, what happened? I thought Trump stacked the Court to keep the wolves at bay! /s This is what happens when you give people lifetime appointments with narrow goals in mind. They do whatever the hell they want. Kinda sucks to be on the receiving end of their “no fucks to give” eh Linds? 

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oopsie:

Dear “Mayhem” Molly:

Eastman’s attorneys are monumental fuckups. We are now trying to help cover their asses even though we are under no obligation to do so but hey, we’re the good guys and strive to do what’s right. We let Eastman’s lawyers know they are fuckups and we have let you know they are fuckups in an attempt to unfuck their fuckup. We didn’t know that they were such fuckups when we filed our brief (you know, like we always do) and you and I both know that when I say “Providing public access was….purely inadvertent on our part” that’s my way of trying to help those fuckups. So thanks for being cool like always and remember this week Margarita Monday is at Fiesta Ranch. See you there! 

“Danger” Doug

• Upvote 2

This is from the trial of the oath keepers founder:
image.thumb.png.324c99d74c4f125b0e4528aab1112e46.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

• 2 weeks later...

A little more on Matthew Bledsoe.  He initially asked for time off to get his family situated (should have thought of that before you joined the riot, dimwit).   The judge also scolded him for treating the court staff rudely.  Here is the justice department press release.  DOJ press release- 48 month sentence

• Thank You 6

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More:

Reveal hidden contents

So to recap: The three SCOTUS appointments Sad Turtle used Dolt 45 as a puppet to steamroll onto the Court after stealing a seat keep ruling in favor of people investigating Jan. 6 which includes investigating people close to Cheeto Benito and the Jan. 6 committee will be turning over the information to the DOJ headed by the guy who Sad Turtle cheated out of a SCOTUS seat who, ironically, had angered many Ds in Congress as an Obama choice because he is very moderate AND the three who were shoehorned into the seats despite all kinds of red flags and sketchy moves to get them seated were primary actors in a decision that pretty much destroyed the whole “red wave” thing in the midterms and now the Rs have a big Trump and Co problem as well as a narrative problem now that “save the babies” is not available but the ruling has also caused some states to add legislation protecting women’s rights to healthcare including abortion and oh it’s all so gloriously wonderful!  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

So to recap: The three SCOTUS appointments Sad Turtle used Dolt 45 as a puppet to steamroll onto the Court after stealing a seat keep ruling in favor of people investigating Jan. 6 which includes investigating people close to Cheeto Benito and the Jan. 6 committee will be turning over the information to the DOJ headed by the guy who Sad Turtle cheated out of a SCOTUS seat who, ironically, had angered many Ds in Congress as an Obama choice because he is very moderate AND the three who were shoehorned into the seats despite all kinds of red flags and sketchy moves to get them seated were primary actors in a decision that pretty much destroyed the whole “red wave” thing in the midterms and now the Rs have a big Trump and Co problem as well as a narrative problem now that “save the babies” is not available but the ruling has also caused some states to add legislation protecting women’s rights to healthcare including abortion and oh it’s all so gloriously wonderful!  

Holy run on sentence, @AlmostSavedAtTacoBell:pb_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic