IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout Part 16: Public Hearings Are Underway

GreyhoundFan

The Congressional J6 Committee is now holding public hearings. So much new information is coming to light. The Justice Department is watching -- hopefully criminal indictments are coming soon. Oh, and Rudy got sloshed on the night of the election.

Continued from here:

• Thank You 9

• GreyhoundFan pinned this topic

I can’t get over the fact that a total Ronald Reagan fanboy is the good guy here … 

Jokes aside, Rusty Bowers sounds like a very decent guy here, although I’m not sure I‘d find much common ground with him on most questions.

Also, Ronna McDaniel actually testified? What’s happening there?

• Upvote 8

Bowers actually has a moral spine and truly believes in following the law unlike so many republicans who would sell the souls of their children to get power. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Bowers is an incredibly powerful witness; not only because of the strength of his faith-based and earnest convictions, but also because he is quite eloquent-- and he is not afraid to let his emotions shine through as he testifies.

• Upvote 7

„The numbers don’t lie. The numbers are the numbers.“

… and then Raffensperger goes on and knows all the numbers, and if that weren’t enough, he proceeds to explain (to the absent orange one and his minions) how to count to four.

We‘re witnessing a total evisceration here.

I‘m loving this.

• Upvote 10

LOL, the pillow guy is mentioned (at least, his tweet is).

Aww, Ms Moss looks absolutely terrified...

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Aww, Ms Moss looks absolutely terrified...

Yes, poor woman, but she’s being a very good witness and her obvious terror makes her very credible. And I loved how passionate she is about helping  people realise their right to vote.

I hope she feels better afterwards and knows she did a very good thing.

ETA: Poor, poor woman, what a heartbreaking story! Hope she can heal soon and be left in peace by those bastards.

Edited by Shrubbery
  • Upvote 8

51 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

… and then Raffensperger goes on and knows all the numbers, and if that weren’t enough, he proceeds to explain (to the absent orange one and his minions) how to count to four.

I‘m loving this.

Truly impressive work by the Committee - crisp, thorough, and organized.

I love Adam Schiff.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I had to leave right after I posted, to take my Mom for an ultrasound. So I was watching my mother's leg circulation on a screen, instead of the committee hearings. I'm off to catch up . . .

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

I‘m loving this.

The methodical count of “1,2,3,4” was beautifully brutal.  Weren’t all four of the dead votes for Trump, not Biden? 

Hearing Trump on those calls whine, cajole, promise, wheedle, and threaten was so satisfying. He really showed his ass. He was being told no and was pulling all the toddler tantrum moves to try to get his way. He even exaggerated like a toddler. “I really got 400,000 more votes and I’m only asking you to find 11,780.” The idiot is such a moron that when he asks Raffensperger to lie, he asks him only go one vote higher than Biden. Yeah, POTUS elections are usually decided in states by ONE vote. 🙄 

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

Also, Ronna McDaniel actually testified? What’s happening there?

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel confirmed Tuesday that former President Donald Trump was involved in lawyer John Eastman's fake elector scheme.

During a brief excerpt from her deposition played during the Jan. 6 committee hearing Tuesday, McDaniel explained that Trump called her and put her in touch with Eastman, who then engaged with the RNC about the scheme over the following months.

Here's where she attempts to salvage the RNC by distancing the organization from the skullduggery that was going on + saving her own sorry ass: 

"He turned the call over to Mr. Eastman, who then proceeded to talk about the importance of the RNC helping the campaign gather these contingent electors in case any of these legal challenges that were ongoing changed the result of any of the states. I think more, just helping them reach out and assemble them," she said. "My understanding is the campaign did take the lead, and we just were helping them in that — in that role."

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Bowers is an incredibly powerful witness; not only because of the strength of his faith-based and earnest convictions, but also because he is quite eloquent

Yes, it was noted on Ari Melber tonight that Bowers believes the constitution is divinely inspired. He swore an oath to protect it, so I assume he sees his constitutional obligations as a sacred duty. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

Just read my way through multiple twitter threads about Moss' testimony. I am somewhere between admiration for her courage and utter rage at how she was treated. How. Dare. They. How dare they target anyone, but also her family? It is utterly outrageous.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Well guys, the hearings have changed the mind of one Trump supporter I know. My uncle, who donated money regularly, called my mother in a rage last night because Trump knew the “boxes of ballots” video was faked but still pushed it as being evidence of voter fraud. What convinced him was the part of the phone call where Trump became angry when they offered to send him the undoctored video and said something about how he had his own video. That followed by the testimony of the two women whose lives were destroyed by Trump’s election lies finally opened my uncle’s eyes to seeing Trump as the evil con man he has always been. 

Maybe there is hope these hearings might get through to people. Trump supporters have lived in a tiny bubble and all this information is new to them. Trump admitted he made that phone call, so they get to hear him refuse evidence, whine like a spoiled child and try to bully people into giving him what he wants. This hearing is probably the first time many of his supporters are exposed to all this. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 9

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well guys, the hearings have changed the mind of one Trump supporter I know. My uncle, who donated money regularly, called my mother in a rage last night because Trump knew the “boxes of ballots” video was faked but still pushed it as being evidence of voter fraud. What convinced him was the part of the phone call where Trump became angry when they offered to send him the undoctored video and said something about how he had his own video. That followed by the testimony of the two women whose lives were destroyed by Trump’s election lies finally opened my uncle’s eyes to seeing Trump as the evil con man he has always been. 

Maybe there is hope these hearings might get through to people. Trump supporters have lived in a tiny bubble and all this information is new to them. Trump admitted he made that phone call, so they get to hear him refuse evidence, whine like a spoiled child and try to bully people into giving him what he wants. This hearing is probably the first time many of his supporters are exposed to all this. 

@formergothardite, thank you so much for posting this! I actually have tears in my eyes.

The incredible weirdness of how entrenched people have become in their trust of Trump is so awful. It's been exhausting spending six years thinking "how could they not see what he is?!"

Any story of someone who has begun to realize that Donald Trump is not trying to help them is really comforting.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Howl said:

Yes, it was noted on Ari Melber tonight that Bowers believes the constitution is divinely inspired. He swore an oath to protect it, so I assume he sees his constitutional obligations as a sacred duty. 

Well, as it turns out, that was Bowers one shining moment of greatness.  He said he'll vote for Trump again if he runs in 2024. 

I seriously don't get it.  Bowers is a Christian, Biden is a Christian, Trump is a raging sociopath with no moral center.  But before Jan 6, Bowers was just so very impressed with the direction that Trump has led our country. 

*cursing ensures* What the actual gd mf-ing f**k! 

So anyway, Pence and Bowers.  At least they did one good thing and the one good thing each one did was pivotal in its own way.  But they aren't and never will be heroes in the larger scheme of things. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

Oaf Keeper lawyers might be in a bit of trouble.

U.S. prosecutors asked a judge on Wednesday to launch an ethics inquiry into whether defense lawyers for prominent members of the right-week Oath Keepers are improperly allowing an attorney closely allied with former President Donald Trump to help pay their legal fees.

The Justice Department's court filing cited media reports alleging that the legal fees for Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes are being paid by Defending the Republic, an entity controlled by Sidney Powell, an attorney who played a key role in Trump's attempt to overturn his election defeat. The group is also paying fees for Oath Keeper defendants Kelly Meggs, Connie Meggs and Kenneth Harrelson, it said

The payments, if true, could violate professional conduct rules limiting compensation methods for attorneys in the District of Columbia, prosecutors said.

Under those rules, defense lawyers must only accept payments from their own clients, unless three conditions are met: the client must give informed consent, information related to the representation must be protected and the third-party fee arrangement cannot cause "interference with the lawyer’s independence of professional judgment or with the client-lawyer relationship."

• Thank You 10

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well guys, the hearings have changed the mind of one Trump supporter I know.

I have a close friend who's a Trump supporter and I'm wavering between asking her what she thinks about the hearings and keeping my mouth shut to avoid the potential for more deflection and excuses.

39 minutes ago, Howl said:

Well, as it turns out, that was Bowers one shining moment of greatness.  He said he'll vote for Trump again if he runs in 2024. 

I seriously don't get it.  Bowers is a Christian, Biden is a Christian, Trump is a raging sociopath with no moral center.  But before Jan 6, Bowers was just so very impressed with the direction that Trump has led our country. 

*cursing ensures* What the actual gd mf-ing f**k! 

So anyway, Pence and Bowers.  At least they did one good thing and the one good thing each one did was pivotal in its own way.  But they aren't and never will be heroes in the larger scheme of things. 

A few thoughts come to mind:

1.  These "Christians" actually do believe in the separation of church and state,

2.  The sociopath is giving the "Christians" what they really want...which begs the question as to whether they're really Christians, and

3.  They're very, very afraid and are taking a pro-choice stance against martyrdom.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

A few thoughts come to mind:

1.  These "Christians" actually do believe in the separation of church and state,

2.  The sociopath is giving the "Christians" what they really want...which begs the question as to whether they're really Christians, and

3.  They're very, very afraid and are taking a pro-choice stance against martyrdom.

Rusty Bowers is devout LDS. He speaker of the AZ House of Representatives.  He's bucked some of the extremists in his party, and considering how extreme the extreme wing of the party is...he could be very far to the right and still be considered rational and normal. 

I think I can see how an old-school LDS person would think Trump was leading the country in the right direction -- almost all LDS are Republicans, but I absolutely do not see how he understood exactly what was going on (overturning the will of the voters, stealing an election, f**king sedition) understand that subverting constitutional government was at the behest and urging of Trump and then think that another term for Trump would be just fine.  Cognitive dissonance on an epic scale. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

If it's 3 pm Eastern, then I'm really being catered to by the committee. We're having the annual bbq at work today and I'll be home a couple of hours later than usual... :pb_lol:

• Haha 11

11 hours ago, fraurosena said:

If it's 3 pm Eastern, then I'm really being catered to by the committee. We're having the annual bbq at work today and I'll be home a couple of hours later than usual... :pb_lol:

The Committee was notified about your annual bbq in advance and didn't hesitate to schedule around it.

• Haha 12

Let’s just hope the hearings will open a lot of eyes to what’s at stake this fall. 

Today I will be able to watch as well.

• Upvote 8

One of the main Branch Trumpvidians just got his house searched.

Federal investigators conducted a search Wednesday of the home of Jeffrey Clark, the former Justice Department lawyer who former President Donald Trump sought to install as attorney general in the days before the January 6 Capitol riot as top officials refused to go along with his false vote fraud claims, people briefed on the matter told CNN.

Clark was at the center of an effort by Trump to get the Justice Department to falsely claim there was enough voter fraud in Georgia and other states that he lost, in a last-minute bid to help sow doubt about Joe Biden's victory and pave the way for him to remain in power.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic