IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 23: More and More Fundies

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, postscript said:

She’s the one with all the weirdly spelled An- names, right? I can’t bring myself to follow her. 

She’s still got time to come up with a creative spelling for this one. 

That picture looks like a genie is going to materialize out of the blue smoke and begin cracking jokes and singing “You’ve Got a Friend in Me.” 

This is only her 3rd boy. What bugs me is that she spells her sons’ names the typical way but then gives all the girls unique spellings. 

• Upvote 5

Lemuel Reber (son of the family that housed josh and sister married David Keller) is having a girl. They had a sign that said Luke or Leia, so there Star Wars fans but is it the actual name?

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 12.44.14 AM.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

I know we knew that Kate Wahlquist had a baby this summer, but I'm not sure if it was post that it was girl, born August 2, named Regina Edith. 

Kate also apparently had a miscarriage September 2 of last year. She hasn't posted since June of last year, so I'm guessing this is why. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Alyssa Bates is pregnant again but I don’t feel like watching her YouTube video to find out if they share a due date.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Ok it says grand finale in the announcement. So is she saying she will only have five? I can’t help but think she will eventually change her mind. 

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Alyssa Bates is pregnant again but I don’t feel like watching her YouTube video to find out if they share a due date.

Seriously? I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. They won’t stop until they have a boy. But she seems to have so little interest in her kids once they begin walking. 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, postscript said:

Seriously? I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. They won’t stop until they have a boy. But she seems to have so little interest in her kids once they begin walking. 

The announcement makes it look like it’s their last one but I don’t trust that

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiK1sT_OjfF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok it says grand finale in the announcement. So is she saying she will only have five? I can’t help but think she will eventually change her mind. 

It probably depends on the sex of the baby 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

They did not- all they said was that they found out she was pregnant after they'd already agreed to take one of Katie and Travis's puppies, if anyone wants to do that math.

Poor dog. I don't see that working out well considering that Alyssa spent half the video talking about how she's been spending all of her time laying in bed or being in the bathroom with morning sickness since getting pregnant. Apparently John's been the only one taking care of the kids- who has time for a puppy with all that going on?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, indianabones said:

They did not- all they said was that they found out she was pregnant after they'd already agreed to take one of Katie and Travis's puppies, if anyone wants to do that math.

Poor dog. I don't see that working out well considering that Alyssa spent half the video talking about how she's been spending all of her time laying in bed or being in the bathroom with morning sickness since getting pregnant. Apparently John's been the only one taking care of the kids- who has time for a puppy with all that going on?

Oh we knew that puppy wouldn’t stay with them long even before this announcement. Let’s hope they find a good home for the puppy. Because the Websters won’t provide one. 

• Upvote 7

Didn't she say Maci was going to be their last? Also pretty sure Sue Radford said the last like 4 kids were gonna be her "last".

I don't believe any of these people unless they admit to taking some form of birth control like Jill.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Didn't she say Maci was going to be their last? Also pretty sure Sue Radford said the last like 4 kids were gonna be her "last".

I don't believe any of these people unless they admit to taking some form of birth control like Jill.

She was pretty adamant Maci was the last. I was really hoping she was telling the truth.

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

She was pretty adamant Maci was the last. I was really hoping she was telling the truth.

If they have a 6th, they will be like, “whoops” I guess our last wasn’t the encore. And act all cute about it. Although it will surprise no one. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Can't wait to hear what two-syllable name with an "-ee" sound at the end first name and one-syllable middle name she gives to this girl. Lacy Rae? Staci Beth? Carly Rose?

I'm assuming John Webster Jr. if she actually has a boy and that she'll mysteriously, truly be done.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, AliC said:

Can't wait to hear what two-syllable name with an "-ee" sound at the end first name and one-syllable middle name she gives to this girl. Lacy Rae? Staci Beth? Carly Rose?

I'm assuming John Webster Jr. if she actually has a boy and that she'll mysteriously, truly be done.

Rylee Kay

Kylie Rae

Sadie Faye

Baylee June

And if it’s a boy, he will be named John Elliott Webster after his dad and called Elliott.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rylee Kay

Kylie Rae

Sadie Faye

Baylee June

And if it’s a boy, he will be named John Elliott Webster after his dad and called Elliott.

They said if they have a boy the name would always be Zane Alan

• Upvote 1

So I took one for the team and watched.  She's been having terrible morning sickness and so thinks it's another girl.  They kind of want it to be a girl since it would be harder for a boy since they have all girl things and no place to put him.  She also said that if it's a boy she'd want to have a brother for him.  And she really wants this as her last pregnancy, she feels like every pregnancy gets harder on her body.  She also alluded to the fact that this was an oops pregnancy since she was going back and forth whether to have another and decided not have a baby but to get the puppy instead.  But then they "had fun one too many times" and she's pregnant.  Deep sigh.  We'll see what happens.  She clearly wasn't trying too hard not to get pregnant, whatever they were trying to do to not conceive.  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

27 minutes ago, JMO said:

So I took one for the team and watched.  She's been having terrible morning sickness and so thinks it's another girl.  They kind of want it to be a girl since it would be harder for a boy since they have all girl things and no place to put him.  She also said that if it's a boy she'd want to have a brother for him.  And she really wants this as her last pregnancy, she feels like every pregnancy gets harder on her body.  She also alluded to the fact that this was an oops pregnancy since she was going back and forth whether to have another and decided not have a baby but to get the puppy instead.  But then they "had fun one too many times" and she's pregnant.  Deep sigh.  We'll see what happens.  She clearly wasn't trying too hard not to get pregnant, whatever they were trying to do to not conceive.  

Exactly. They were very much able to avoid pregnancy when she had heart problems. They know what to do. I doubt this was much of an oops. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

They will go until they have at least one boy. I hope this is that boy.

I actually knew a couple who did this. It never sat right with me. They had 3 girls crammed into one (tiny) bedroom. The mom really, really, really wanted a boy. I remember her saying during her last pregnancy, “hopefully this one’s a boy.” But she was fully prepared to have a fifth kid if number four wasn’t a boy, (luckily it was). 

What bothered me about all of it was that the mom was so vocal about wanting a boy. Her three daughters were each conceived with the hope that they would be a boy. If anyone of them had been, I really don’t think the mom would have had so many kids. To me it just seemed like the girls weren’t really wanted. I can’t imagine what it must be like to realize you only exist because you’re mother was hoping you would something you’re not. 

I’m not saying that the daughters weren’t loved or were neglected. Because that wasn’t the case. They were loved and well taken care of, they just weren’t what the mom seemingly wanted. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

I actually knew a couple who did this. It never sat right with me. They had 3 girls crammed into one (tiny) bedroom. The mom really, really, really wanted a boy. I remember her saying during her last pregnancy, “hopefully this one’s a boy.” But she was fully prepared to have a fifth kid if number four wasn’t a boy, (luckily it was). 

What bothered me about all of it was that the mom was so vocal about wanting a boy. Her three daughters were each conceived with the hope that they would be a boy. If anyone of them had been, I really don’t think the mom would have had so many kids. To me it just seemed like the girls weren’t really wanted. I can’t imagine what it must be like to realize you only exist because you’re mother was hoping you would something you’re not. 

I’m not saying that the daughters weren’t loved or were neglected. Because that wasn’t the case. They were loved and well taken care of, they just weren’t what the mom seemingly wanted. 

I always wanted a daughter, but had two boys. I admit to having some gender disappointment, but I've dealt with it and I wouldn't change my boys for anything. So I get that desire for one gender - and reasons for can be very complicated (I don't feel like going through all the whys of I wanted a girl here, but it's not always so simple as thinking one gender better than the other). 

I still would love to have a girl, but I am not going to have a third child just to try to have a girl. My husband and I can't afford another child period, and obviously, there's no guarantee that I'd have a girl next time. 

You have the number of children you want to have AND can take care of. Doing otherwise is just selfish. 

3 hours ago, JMO said:

But say this is a boy, there's no guarantee that the 6th baby would be a boy. Or the 7th or 8th or so on. How many pregnancies will she be willing to go through to have 2 boys?

If she wants this pregnancy to be her last, then she needs to make it her last. 

As an aside, I had two boys and my morning sickness was different with both. It's not an indication of a specific sex of the baby. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I always wanted a daughter, but had two boys. I admit to having some gender disappointment, but I've dealt with it and I wouldn't change my boys for anything. So I get that desire for one gender - and reasons for can be very complicated (I don't feel like going through all the whys of I wanted a girl here, but it's not always so simple as thinking one gender better than the other). 

I still would love to have a girl, but I am not going to have a third child just to try to have a girl. My husband and I can't afford another child period, and obviously, there's no guarantee that I'd have a girl next time. 

You have the number of children you want to have AND can take care of. Doing otherwise is just selfish. 

But say this is a boy, there's no guarantee that the 6th baby would be a boy. Or the 7th or 8th or so on. How many pregnancies will she be willing to go through to have 2 boys?

If she wants this pregnancy to be her last, then she needs to make it her last. 

As an aside, I had two boys and my morning sickness was different with both. It's not an indication of a specific sex of the baby. 

The Neelys had 6 girls before they had a boy. The Richardsons had 7 girls before they had a boy. The Coghlans had 6 or 7 before they had a boy. They all ended up with more than one boy. But they had a bunch of kids overall in order to get at least 2 boys. 

• Upvote 6

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic