IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 23: More and More Fundies

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always got a sense there might be a bit of competition amongst Kristin and Bethy. They were so close in age and do GD. But now I wonder if there was just a lot of competition amongst the 5 girls in that family. I feel like a common side effect of having a very large family is competition for attention. We’ve seen that in the Bates family and he Rod family fairly clearly. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was common in the Baird family as well. 

I sense deep insecurity in Bethany.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I’m late in reporting this. Remember the Foto sisters? They used to sing music that fundies liked. Addie Foto Monk had her third child, a girl, on July 6th. Her name is Dolly Jane. Now I love Dolly Parton and I like the nickname Dolly. But I typically like it as a nickname for Dolores or Dorothy. But it’s better than her brother Case. I’m not a huge fan of that name. I prefer Casey. Another Foto sister married earlier this year so the singing group is done. You don’t get to keep your job once you become a fundie wife and mother. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m late in reporting this. Remember the Foto sisters? They used to sing music that fundies liked. Addie Foto Monk had her third child, a girl, on July 6th. Her name is Dolly Jane. Now I love Dolly Parton and I like the nickname Dolly. But I typically like it as a nickname for Dolores or Dorothy. But it’s better than her brother Case. I’m not a huge fan of that name. I prefer Casey. Another Foto sister married earlier this year so the singing group is done. You don’t get to keep your job once you become a fundie wife and mother. 

Didn't she just have twins last year? 

Edit: twins were born Jan 2020 so there is a good age gap.

Edited by Peppery
answered my own question

9 minutes ago, Peppery said:

Didn't she just have twins last year? 

January 2020

They were the ones who pointed out that the twins were conceived on their honeymoon. As if no one can do math.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Holly Daye Shaw Crevier gave birth to a daughter named Eppie Daye (I’m assuming today). I have no idea where she got the name Eppie. It sounds like a nickname for Epponnee Raelene Kathleen Darlene Charlene. 

Only true Kath and Kim fans know what I’m talking about. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Bethy Beal on names:
Since she is in her 30s and still goes by Bethy, I’m guessing she will most definitely choose a name with an -ee sound at the end. Just like Davey. I say no to Daisy. Too close to Davey. I think Lucy is too popular and she will want something less popular. That leaves the last 4. If she chooses Adalynn, she will definitely be called Addy. I just have a feeling she might go with Everly. It’s so trendy right now. And she just seems like someone who wants so bad to be trendy. 

422AABD1-EA34-4AF2-B2FA-D06FC09970E9.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Holly Daye Shaw Crevier gave birth to a daughter named Eppie Daye (I’m assuming today). I have no idea where she got the name Eppie. It sounds like a nickname for Epponnee Raelene Kathleen Darlene Charlene. 

Only true Kath and Kim fans know what I’m talking about. 

There’s an ‘Eppie’ in the George Eliot novel Silas Marner. In the book it’s used as a shortened form/nickname for ‘Hephzibah.’

Hephzibah is mentioned in 2 Kings 21:1 and again in Isaiah 62:4. She was the wife and mother of two of the kings of Judah. 

The name means “my delight is in her.”

(I highly doubt many fundies have even heard of or read Silas Marner. I had to read it for a college class. It’s… okay). 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

There’s an ‘Eppie’ in the George Eliot novel Silas Marner. In the book it’s used as a shortened form/nickname for ‘Hephzibah.’

This is a favorite novel of mine.  Hephzibah is Silas’ late mother’s name.  His neighbor has a difficult time pronouncing the name, though highly approves once reassured it’s a biblical name, so the little girl goes by Eppie.  I didn’t know the meaning of Hephzibah, though, but it’s meaningful in the context of the novel.  Thanks! 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bethy Beal on names:
Since she is in her 30s and still goes by Bethy, I’m guessing she will most definitely choose a name with an -ee sound at the end. Just like Davey. I say no to Daisy. Too close to Davey. I think Lucy is too popular and she will want something less popular. That leaves the last 4. If she chooses Adalynn, she will definitely be called Addy. I just have a feeling she might go with Everly. It’s so trendy right now. And she just seems like someone who wants so bad to be trendy. 

422AABD1-EA34-4AF2-B2FA-D06FC09970E9.jpeg

Paisley sounds like something she would use, But Maybe Everly so she can compete with Emilia

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Paisley sounds like something she would use, But Maybe Everly so she can compete with Emilia

Paisley is my second choice. Then Adalynn. So I think 1)Everly, 2)Paisley, 3)Adalynn. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Are they OK?

The boys made it to 34 weeks and 3 days. They should be in the NICU through the end of next week. But they seem to be doing pretty well for their gestation. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, RebeccaRay said:

Esther Staddon Frazer had her babies. Theodore Norman and Timothy Charles

I really like those names much better than what Tori and Bobby are doing.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I really like those names much better than what Tori and Bobby are doing.

I think the Frazers are fairly traditional with boy names. Elizabeth and Michael surprised me a bit with Azalia. It’s not bad though. Robert and Kendalyn Staddon seem to like unique girl names too. Sauntina is pretty unique. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

I vote Paisley for the Beal baby. It's a pretty unique name for a fundie. 

Were the Frazer twins born today?

Unfortunately she didn’t say the exact date they were born. I guess I could try to do the math because I think she posted the due date. 
ETA: my math says around Aug 9th.

• Thank You 4

I've been curious about the Collie Family lately. Any news on Devyn or any of her married brothers expecting babies?

8 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

I've been curious about the Collie Family lately. Any news on Devyn or any of her married brothers expecting babies?

Cameron and Hannah had a girl named Emerson in March. No one else has had babies recently. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the info everyone! I will try to get the list updated this week but it probably won’t be until Friday or Saturday. We’re trying to get my mom moved into memory care this week. 

• Love 19

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic