IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 23: More and More Fundies

Coconut Flan

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I do not like the name James for a girl. 

That makes two of us. In fact, I’m not a fan of the current trend of naming girls using classic boys’ names (Ryan and Elliott are other examples). And yes, I’m well aware many common girls’ names started out as boys’ names. 

Haley James (or however they opt to spell it) isn’t remotely the worst Bates baby name. It’s going to wear better than some of her cousins’ names. That’s an awful lot of girl grand babies. Can’t help wondering when the tide will turn and they’ll start a round of boys. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, postscript said:

That makes two of us. In fact, I’m not a fan of the current trend of naming girls using classic boys’ names (Ryan and Elliott are other examples). And yes, I’m well aware many common girls’ names started out as boys’ names. 

Haley James (or however they opt to spell it) isn’t remotely the worst Bates baby name. It’s going to wear better than some of her cousins’ names. That’s an awful lot of girl grand babies. Can’t help wondering when the tide will turn and they’ll start a round of boys. 

The Duggars went a long time with girls but it’s changed in the last year. I feel bad for the girls in both families.

• Upvote 5

1. I really like the name James for a boy. Not keen at all on using it for a girl. Katie’s name is quite classic and I had hoped that they might have chosen classic names, but no. Really we shouldn’t be surprised, they are very young and sheltered and Katie is unlikely to be well read (don’t know about Travis). One thing that strikes me is that perhaps they will only have 3 or 4 children and wanted to honour Travis by using his middle name as they are aware that they may not end up with any boys (with the first child, of maybe 3 being a girl.) Possibly I’m overthinking this and they just went with something trendy that Katie liked. 
  • Upvote 3

Haley James just makes me think they've been watching One Tree Hill on Hulu.  Let's hope she doesn't get married at 15 like her namesake character.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I think at one point Katie mentioned that boy or girl the middle name would be James since it’s Travis’s middle name. I don’t like James for a girl, but I’m surprised they were okay with passing his middle name to a firstborn girl instead of waiting until they had a boy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Karl and Claire Bonell had Izaïah a "few weeks ago" and "just a bit too early". No clue when....

Edited by Eleonore Peyrac
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

That post was cut off, but they said he was born "last month." September has 30 days! 

She was due around 9/7, so I think they've been quiet for a few weeks. I doubt we'll ever get any stats for Charlie, maybe not even his full name 

• Upvote 5

Charlie as a name suprises me, though I do like it. I honestly thought they'd go with John. Maybe he's John Charles, and they are calling him Charlie? Or Charles John? 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Charlie as a name suprises me, though I do like it. I honestly thought they'd go with John. Maybe he's John Charles, and they are calling him Charlie? Or Charles John? 

I’m thinking probably Charles David. I like the nickname Charlie. They call Grace “Gracie” so Gracie and Charlie sound good together. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I’m thinking probably Charles David. I like the nickname Charlie. They call Grace “Gracie” so Gracie and Charlie sound good together. 

Abbie, Gracie, Charlie. Someone likes the “ee” ending sound ( like the Websters).

• Upvote 6

My first guess is Charles John and my second guess Charles David. John is my first guess because her husband, father, and brother are all John. Grace’s middle name is after Michelle (Annette) so I think they probably used his middle name as a family name as well. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Kayla Clark Manaraze (Travis Clark’s sis) is pregnant. Due in May

I figured she would be next to announce since she’s been married the longest and she’s the oldest of the three.

• Upvote 3

I mentioned on this thread previously that I heard a radio interview with Gabby Barrett that she's due with the 2nd baby in fall, but now I read in article that her baby is due in early November.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Ruth Wissman Boulier (sp?) Announced another due in December. They don't find out the gender I think. 

After 4 boys, I’m guessing they want a girl. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3

Esther Courter Solid is expecting her rainbow in April 2023, a boy.

Abbie and Josh Herbert's second that is due in March is a boy and his name will start with J. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic