IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, And Other Shenanigans, Part 40

GreyhoundFan

image.png.c7f8dd796d45ac3474fc92b94057558a.png

"Fox News Story Time"

The first of the live televised January 6 Committee hearings will air tonight at 8 p.m. You can watch it on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, C-Span, and even Fox Business. Fox News is sticking to its regular line up of Fucknut One at 8 p.m, Fucknut Two at 9 p.m, and Fucknut Three at 10 p.m.

Fox News does plan to cover the hearings during TuckerHannityIngraham time as “news warrants.” What that means is producers will be watching the hearings and writing material of it for the anchors to be outraged over on the air. Fox News will have a special on the hearings at 10 p.m. which will gaslight the hearings to their viewers who didn’t watch them.

Fox News will not air the hearings for three reasons. Reason one is that they get the highest ratings with their usual primetime lineup. Sure, it’s all white nationalist propaganda delivered by a bunch of lying bastards, but they get viewers. Sure, most of those viewers are Nazis, but Neilsen Ratings count Nazis. Nazis buy Balance of Nature and MyPillows.

The second reason they won’t air the hearings is that they can’t let their viewers make up their own minds. Fox News can’t let its viewers watch the facts play out. Fox News has to gaslight the issues for their viewers. If you’re a Cletus, it’s easier to be told what to think than it is to develop your own thoughts.

The third reason Fox News won’t air the hearings live is that it would probably piss off their white nationalist audience that’s mostly made of sycophantic MAGAts. Fox News doesn’t want to air evidence against Proud Boys and Oathkeepers when their audience consists of Proud Boys and Oathkeepers. Their viewers don’t want to spend two hours hearing how Trump is a traitor to the United States. They’ll change the channel to Newsmax or One American News before hearing that stuff. They would just stick their fingers in their ears and go “la la la la la” for two straight hours, but they’d forget the words. Cletus will send Ella-Mae on top of the trailer to rearrange the antennae. She doesn’t need shoes for that.

So what will Fox News talk about tonight? Maybe they’ll do a segment on how nobody should listen to a celebrity like Matthew McConaughey talk about politics right before they advertise Tucker’s upcoming special on Kid Rock (this is a real thing).

Maybe they’ll talk about the assistant principal fired in Mississippi for reading to children the book “I want a new butt.” Maybe they’ll talk about the most dangerous thing making its way into schools today and threatening children, Drag Queen Story Time.

They’ll probably talk about the migrant caravan heading this way through Mexico. Remember during the 2018 midterms when it was all Fox News and Trump would talk about? They claimed George Soros was funding it. It was the most dangerous threat to this nation since Obama’s tan suit. It was so dangerous that Fox News stopped talking about it the day after the election.

The surest bet is that Fox News will do tonight what they do every night, and that is deliver propaganda over news.

Most news outlets are businesses that seek profits, but most of them understand they still have to be responsible to the public. Fox News does not get that. So while airing the hearings would be the responsible thing to do, Fox News would rather go with its usual lineup and continue selling advertising for the evening. But even worse, they’re not going to let their viewers see the proceedings but will later gaslight it all to them. And it’s mostly for entertainment.

Instead of showing two hours of evidence that Donald Trump tried to destroy our democracy, Fox News would rather show their viewers two hours of MyPillow and gold coins commercials.

• Upvote 5

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

20220609_csotd1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220609_csotd2.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220609_bagley1.JPG

• Upvote 5

20220609_davies1.JPG

• Upvote 7

20220609_bennett1.JPG

• Upvote 5

20220609_luckovich1.JPG

• Upvote 5

20220609_luckovich2.JPG

• Upvote 5

20220609_ohman1.JPG

• Upvote 4

image.png.797c2da150f8d910090bb41869529575.png

"Alright Alright Alright"

Actor and Uvalde native Matthew McConaughey gave a passionate speech from the White House press room yesterday asking, “How can we make the loss of these lives matter?”.

McConaughey invoked the lives of the 19 children and two teachers murdered by a mass shooter two weeks ago in the town where he was born and where his mother was a school teacher. He described visiting Uvalde, “You could feel the pain, the denial, the disillusion, anger, blame, sadness, loss of lives, dreams halted.”

The Oscar-winning actor was in Washington to talk to President Biden and other lawmakers about stricter gun laws. Something the GOP clearly doesn’t even want to talk about. Last week, one Republican announced he would not run for reelection because of the backlash from his own party over his support for gun control. How dare he.

McConaughey said, “We can’t truly be leaders if we are only living for reelection.” He will now face backlash from Republicans and the NRA.

McConaughey and his wife, Camila Alves McConaughey, displayed a pair of green Converse high tops that were worn by ten-year-old Maite Rodriguez, one of the victims of the Uvalde massacre. She had drawn a heart on the right shoe over her toes. McConaughey said, “These are the same green Converse on her feet that turned out to be the only clear evidence that could identify her after the shooting.”

I’ve never been a fan of Matthew McConaughey. He’s a very likable guy but I always felt like he wasn’t acting. To me, he has always seemed to play the same character, himself. I think he did that yesterday. Yes, it was powerful and it was a presentation, but he wasn’t acting. What he said came straight from the heart.

Shortly after his speech, I saw memes made by goons trying to discredit him. They can’t take down his message so the only thing they had to destroy was him. There were the usual complaints of a movie star telling us how to live. There were memes taken from McConaughey’s movies where he’s pictured with a gun as if that makes him a hypocrite. It doesn’t.

Actors can give us their viewpoints. What makes you think our elected officials are more qualified? Have you seen the caliber of our elected officials? Have you heard the shit that comes out of the mouths of the likes of Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, Ted Cruz, or Marjorie Taylor Greene? I mean, if freedom means we can have any gun we want then it also means an actor can express his opinion publicly. Unlike Senator Tommy Tuberville, I bet Matthew McConaughey knows the three branches of government are NOT the House, Senate, and presidency. Maybe next time McConaughey comes to town, he can tell us how to lose a senator in ten days.

And McConaughey isn’t a hypocrite for playing a guy with a gun in a movie and being in favor of gun control. Anthony Hopkins probably isn’t in favor of cannibalism either. It’s called acting. Actors play characters. But the people calling McConaughey a hypocrite didn’t listen to his speech or they’re liars. He’s not for eradicating all guns. He’s a gun owner. Life is too complex for conservatives to understand. A gun owner can be in favor of gun control. You can own a car and believe drivers should be licensed and that cars should have tags, seatbelts, windshields, etc.

I don’t think I’ll ever be a huge fan of Matthew McConaughey as an actor or of his movies, although The Gentleman is kinda epic (I may have to rethink my position). But I like the man and I like where his heart is. He has principles and he’s using his star power to make a difference. Yesterday, his press conference was carried live by CNN, MSNBC, and…this one really surprised me, Fox News.

Quite frankly, I think that’s alright alright alright.

• Upvote 8

image.thumb.png.2a7402964ae66795fad1a68f559458d0.png

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

image.thumb.png.961c659e679bd51d11d7b2d3a5005d65.png

• Haha 10

image.png.75ad62393298e4d1a62ceceb9bce6719.png

"Lock Him Up"

I don’t condone violence or wish harm against anyone. Real liberals do not do that. When someone expresses a wish or desire on one of my posts for harm to come to a Republican, I knock it down. I don’t tolerate it. But I do support protests. I support free speech.

There’s a huge difference between protesting and violence. Republicans think that difference depends on who’s protesting and who’s committing violence. If Democrats protest, then it’s violence. If conservatives attempt murder during a coup attempt, then it was just a protest by a bunch of tourists.

A man was arrested this week plotting to assassinate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh is a lying asshole who has been credibly accused of attempted rape. The man who planned to assassinate him has been charged with attempted murder.

This person decided he needed to murder Kavanaugh, drove across the country from California, arrived on the east coast, then called the Montgomery County (Maryland) Police and turned himself in. Intending to murder someone is not good but if you listen to Republicans, you’d think that Kavanaugh woke up in his own bed with a knife to his throat…or even worse, one of those Critical Rale Theory math books Florida Republicans are upset over.

Fox News and other Republicans are blaming rhetoric from the media and Democrats. I’ve already seen one goon toon on it which means there will be 20 more tomorrow.

Right-wing goon journalist Glenn Greenwald blamed MSNBC’s Joy Reid for the “attempted murder” saying she incited the Californian by describing Kavanaugh as a “Christian nationalist who favors theocracy.” That is a call to murder but tweeting to 70 million people that journalists are the “enemies of the American people” isn’t?

Comedian Samantha Bee is being blamed for saying, “In my civilest way possible may I humbly request that you fuck the fuck off? How dare Republicans demand civility as they strip away our civil rights.” That was not a call to hurt anybody. Conservatives are such babies. No wonder there’s a formula shortage.

Vice-President Kamala Harris is being blamed for saying, in a reference to banning abortions, “I don’t want to sound alarmist, I mean this: Women will die.” That also is not a call to hurt anybody. That’s called telling the truth.

Hillary Clinton is being blamed for this for saying an abortion ban “will kill and subjugate women even as a vast majority of Americans think abortion should be legal.” Again, not a call to harm anyone. What she said is true. But as usual, speaking the truth is considered an assault by Republicans.

How is sounding an alarm that women will be hurt a threat to white male Christian conservatives? Help me understand that one. Oh, yeah. White male Christian conservatives are a bunch of snowflake babies.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is being blamed for saying in 2020, in regards to SCOTUS stripping away women’s rights, “I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Schumer apologized the very next day saying, “I should not have used the words I used yesterday. They didn’t come out the way I intended to. My point was that there would be political consequences — political consequences — for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed Justices, stripped away a woman’s right to choose. I shouldn’t have used the words I did, but in no way was I making a threat.”

Republicans are still blaming Schumer even though he wasn’t addressing a potential killer. He was addressing Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.

Schumer’s apology and retraction are not good enough for conservatives who are just fine and dandy by the fact Donald Trump has never apologized for inciting the attack on the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Donald Trump literally told the terrorists when and where to be on January 6. He told them what to do. He told them they had to be strong. He even held a pep rally for them. And during their attack, he kept goading and inciting them to continue and attack his vice-president.

Calling someone a jerk is not a death threat or a crime. It’s also not a crime to say there will be political consequences. Sending people to overturn an election is a crime. It’s sedition. Donald Trump should be criminally charged.

Donald Trump attempted a coup. Donald Trump attempted to overturn an election he lost. Donald Trump committed sedition.

Lock him up.

• Upvote 6

Yes, this is a joke. I think it's funny:

• Haha 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic