IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, And Other Shenanigans, Part 40

GreyhoundFan

31 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Thanks. There goes my lunch.

My breakfast almost came back up when I saw it so I figured share the pain. 

• Upvote 2

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

image.png.c1e7b9dcc689427a220e7d575e0e8aab.png

• Upvote 7

image.thumb.png.5314b3e2d741554675bb84b0e13f3736.png

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.3096b68e8cf92ddc4cf033ac10c3e697.png

Why are those kids carrying books? They should be holding guns of their own!

/s

• Upvote 4

image.png.b2c7ddc58bdf4453c718f377d90b6af4.png

"Don't Say "Guns"'

Did you know that more than 30 states have laws allowing school districts to arm teachers? Naturally, giving guns to teachers is a Republican idea, like banning doors.

It’s not a great idea to arm teachers. Some states require over 150 hours of firearm training before a school employee can carry a gun to school, but places like Ohio only require 20. And, a lot of these school districts don’t notify parents that teachers can carry guns or which teachers are actually doing so.

Over the past year, we heard all this bullshit about parental rights and how they should set the curriculum. Let’s get rid of Critical Race Theory. Let’s ban controversial books. Don’t say “gay.” But, Republicans don’t want you to know that your child’s teacher has a Sig Sauer in her book bag. Some parents in Ohio learned their kids’ teacher had a gun in her purse when one of her students pulled it out and pointed it at another student.

If more guns in school are what we need to combat school shootings, then by Republican logic, we should put more Critical Race Theory and gays in school.

Giving teachers, coaches, bus drivers, and lunch ladies guns is a horrible idea. It won’t deter mass shooters as most are willing to die. Cafeteria casserole would be more of a deterrent to mass shooters than teachers with guns (remember school casseroles? Yuck). And if cops are like the ones in Uvalde, why should a teacher be willing to engage a shooter when the cops won’t? On top of all that, when the cops do enter, how are they supposed to be able to tell the difference between the bad guy with a gun and the good guy with the gun?

The rest of the world is dismayed by our gun culture. We are the only developed nation with this problem. And our solutions are always more guns. In case you haven’t noticed, the more-guns strategy isn’t working.

The best way to get rid of gun violence is to get rid of guns. Republicans claim that would never work but we have actual proof it does. It only hasn’t worked here because we haven’t done it here.

We need to ban home ownership of assault rifles. Owning an assault rifle should be like owning a horse when you don’t have room on your property for a horse. If you live in a city and own a horse, you pay a stable to house your horse. You don’t take the horse home. You go to the stable to ride your horse, brush his mane, give him an apple, then you go home without your horse…but he’s still there. It should be like that with assault rifles. They should all be licensed and stored at gun ranges. And, there should be training and licensing involved to own a gun. Nobody actually needs an Uzi or an AR-15 for home security. You just don’t.

If we can legislate that people with mental problems can’t own a gun, despite it not being covered in the Constitution, then we can legislate licensing to own a gun. After all, the Second Amendment does say “well-regulated.” It’s time we start regulating.

Allowing teachers to carry guns is an idea approved by the industry that sells guns. That industry is symbiotic with the National Rifle Association…which is a branch of the Republican Party.

As Middle Age Riot on Instagram recently posted, “Republicans think it’s a good idea to give teachers less money, more students, fewer books, fewer resources, more parents in the classroom, more standardized tests, more scrutiny, more pressure, and a gun.”

Teachers and other school employees should not be required to engage mass shooters. Teachers should be required to teach. If Republicans love guns so much, let them engage mass shooters.

• Upvote 5

20220602_telnaes1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220602_csotd1.JPG

• Upvote 6

20220602_lalo1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220601_anderson1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220602_anderson2.JPG

• Upvote 5

20220602_kallaugher1.JPG

• Upvote 3

20220602_luckovich1.JPG

• Upvote 6

20220602_luckovich2.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

20220602_ohman1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220602_rogers1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220602_bagley1.JPG

• Upvote 6

image.png.f999a5f23c19e03ce31ab4da468fc26f.png

"Fake Meat Peach Tree Dish"

Sometimes when I create a post on Facebook, the algorithms or whatever will read the hashtags, and if it’s something that can be associated with charity, Facebook will ask me if I want to create a fundraiser. So if you hashtag a hurricane, COVID, women’s rights, Black Lives Matter, etc, it will ask if you want to use your post to raise money. What really puzzles me today is what in the hell in today’s cartoon does Facebook believe needs a fundraiser? I got a Facebook request to create a fundraiser while I was creating this post. Can anyone take a guess as to why? Guessing is all I have.

Does Facebook believe we need to raise money for people who’ve been zapped while eating a cheeseburger? That’s one of Marjorie Taylor Greene’s claims. She believes the government is spying on people eating cheeseburgers and when it catches those savage burger eaters, they will feel a zap inside their bodies inflicted by the government. Maybe the zappy thingamajigs were put in there by the vaccine microchips.

Maybe Facebook believes we should have a fundraiser to defeat the evil plague of Jewish space lasers. Marjorie Taylor Greene blamed them for starting California wildfires, which wouldn’t be a problem at all if we just took Trump’s advice and rake our forests like they do in Finland.

Maybe Facebook believes there should be a fundraiser for fake meat research in peach tree dishes. What’s a peach tree dish? It’s a new term from MTG. Is it anything like a petri dish? Maybe they call petri dishes “peach tree dishes” in Georgia, the peach tree state…or are they now the petri dish state?

Perhaps Facebook thinks Bill Gates isn’t rich enough and there should be a fundraiser to assist his fake meat research where fake meat is grown in a peach tree dish.

Facebook might want a fundraiser in the fight against being spied on by Nancy Pelosi’s Gazpacho Police. Perhaps there should be fundraisers against all chilled soups.

One good cause would be fundraising to reattach a child’s face after it was ripped off by Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin in a sexual assault. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Qanon swear that’s a thing and there’s a video no one has ever seen that proves it. It’s called “Frazzledrip.” Why is it called “frazzledrip?” I don’t know because I stopped reading at the point of Hillary and Huma wearing the poor child’s face as a mask.

Maybe the fundraiser is to save Liz Cheney’s seat in Congress so it doesn’t go to a Trump cultist. Trump was in Wyoming over the weekend campaigning for a Republican to defeat Liz Cheney in Wyoming’s Republican primary in August.

Liz Cheney did something must worse than push conspiracy theories about Bill Gates growing fake meat in peach tree dishes, Nancy Pelosi’s Gazpacho Police, Jewish space lasers, or frazzledrip. What Liz Cheney did that’s inexcusable for Trump is she chose democracy over the cult. She refused the orange Kool-Aid. She voted to impeach Trump for his insurrection, which Trump refuses to acknowledge. She joined the January 6 Committee investigating the insurrection, for which all those arrested so far have been identified as “political prisoners” by Trump.

A representative like Marjorie Taylor Greene pushing lies, racism, and anti-semitic conspiracy theories doesn’t concern Trump. They don’t even care that she tweeted a death threat to the Speaker of the House or stalked colleagues and survivors of school shootings. He’ll probably campaign for her. But demanding accountability is blasphemy to the Trump cult. The most important position for Republicans today isn’t on taxes, Russia, Ukraine, Abortion, or even guns. It’s loyalty to Trump.

If a Republican is loyal and subservient to the Trump cult and pushes the election lie that Trump won, then they will receive support to be in Congress, just so long as they don’t point out their cocaine orgies as Matt Gaetz did. That’s not fake meat, baby.

There will always be room in the Republican Party for Trump sycophants…even if their entire brain can fit inside a peach tree dish.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

42D0CA80-F8A1-4C31-8824-0C101C6788FA.thumb.jpeg.9464413c80fa6733e6e24d764bf8edd7.jpeg

• Upvote 6

image.thumb.png.68f404b6391b1c32b7eb7d9b012478af.png

• Upvote 7

image.thumb.png.6a3ff012c87628ea6711e1a62a1a1bec.png

• Haha 8

image.thumb.png.477e9931b6a286269ecdd16487cf02b1.png

• Haha 11

image.png.ba759e2249d073df5bb3abe92065dd41.png

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic