• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

image.thumb.png.4433255df54ab85d133f02dba05107ca.png

• Haha 10

image.thumb.png.b75209483e9158fc80478c4b8545af04.png

• Upvote 9

image.png.b3bc8b160ea7f9db662e2bfb0b70e0f5.png

"Trumpin' The Jubilee"

It’s the Queen’s 70th year as the monarch of the United Kingdom. She is also the monarch and head of state of 14 Commonwealth realms, such as Canada, Jamaica, Belize, New Zealand, etc. Queen Elizabeth II is the longest-reigning monarch in English history. Queen Victoria is second with a 63-year reign from 1837 to 1901. We’ll never see a British monarch with a reign this long again, at least not in our lifetimes…probably.

The United Kingdom is a Constitutional monarchy, as most of the monarch’s functions are ceremonial, diplomatic, and representational. The Queen does appoint the Prime Minister and summons, prorogue, and dissolves Parliament. These duties are non-partisan and mostly ceremonial.

Prime Minister Harold Wilson (The Beatles mentioned him in “Tax Man”) requested Queen Elizabeth to dissolve Parliament in 1974 when he couldn’t form a coalition among the several parties to form a government (they are not simply a two-party government as we are). The Queen obliged and new elections were held. In theory, the Queen can dismiss the Prime Minister, but a monarch hasn’t done so since 1834 when King William IV told Lord Melbourne to get out of town (and he came back).

There are people in the United States who wish we had a monarchy, even though our Constitution strongly forbids it. Some envision a monarch who is head of state, like European monarchs who are non-partisan. Others believe we already have a monarch, a king, who’s been unjustly dismissed and robbed of his rule. These people confuse monarchy with fascism.

The people who believe Trump won the election he lost, and have zero proof to prove it, want a fascist leader who isn’t elected or even appointed, but one who takes leadership in a coup. They demand that he be reinstated, which is not Constitutional. They wanted the certification of our current president’s victory halted, which is also unconstitutional. They wanted alternative electors to appoint Donald Trump to the presidency, which is another thing that’s unconstitutional.

Donald Trump believes he is king. He believes simple acts such as not applauding for him amount to treason. Ivanka Trump believes she is a princess and the Trumps are a royal family. This family believes laws should not apply to them. Their associates use their closeness to Trump to argue that laws shouldn’t apply to them. These self-proclaimed royals believe something becomes fact when they say it is.

Donald Trump campaigns against people for being disloyal, not to the Constitution, but to him personally. The most damaging accusation against a Republican today is being deemed insufficiently loyal to Donald Trump.

Trumpers want a fascist monarchy. Have you seen those idiots at the hate rallies wearing T-shirts of the Trump line of succession? Basically, they want every Trump to have a turn at the presidency if we’re still going to call it “presidency.”

Congratulations to the Queen on her 70 years as monarch. And congratulations to us for ending our fascist monarchy at four.

• Haha 5

20220605_bennett1.JPG.f047e573bda069538e3ea09433e0ed26.JPG

• Upvote 5

image.png.ca575d1919e7365604b7d4b5739f7358.png

"Can't Get Enough Of Your Guns, Baby"

President Joe Biden delivered a rare primetime address last night urging Congress to pass tough gun regulations, saying it’s time to “stop the carnage.” It’s past time to stop the carnage.

President Biden noted how Congress has done nothing to stop gun violence after decades of mass shootings, and said, “After Columbine, after Sandy Hook, after Charleston, after Orlando, after Las Vegas, after Parkland, nothing has been done. This time, that can’t be true. This time we must actually do something.”

Biden is calling for banning assault weapons and limiting high-capacity magazines but says if we can’t get Republicans to ban assault weapons, then at least raise the age when they can be legally purchased from 18 to 21. 

There is a group of so-called moderate Democrats and Republicans in the Senate working on legislation to get at least ten Republican votes, but while Democrats seek to legislate guns, Republicans look to legislate mental health and doors. We’re still dealing with people who believe the answer to too many guns is more guns.

Biden said, “My God, the fact that the majority of the Senate Republicans don’t want any of these proposals even to be debated or come up for a vote, I find unconscionable.”

Enter Congressman Greg Steube.

During a House Judiciary Committee hearing yesterday where gun legislation was being debated, Greg Steube was zooming from his home in Florida (of course it was Florida) and showed off his gun collection. It was creepy.

Did you hear about the Florida Man eaten by an alligator while swimming in a lake fetching frisbees? I say let’s throw all of Steube’s guns in that same alligator-infested lake and let’s see what happens.

As Steube showed one gun after another (it was like a clown car for guns), Democratic Representative Sheila Jackson Lee said, “I hope the gun is not loaded.” That alone was enough of a threat to Steube’s gun fetish for him to respond, “I’m in my house, I can do whatever I want with my guns.” As Biden said, “My god.”

Steube was arguing that a ban on magazines is a ban on guns. He said, “Don’t let them fool you that they are not attempting to take away your ability to purchase handguns. They’re using the magazine ban to do it.”

For years, Democrats have argued for gun control while stating they don’t want to ban guns or destroy the Second Amendment. Republicans believe they’re lying. Remember during the Obama era when Republicans constantly claimed President Obama was coming to get their guns…but he never did? They also claimed he’d refuse to leave office.

Republicans think Democrats are lying like they did with abortion. They always said they weren’t going to ban abortion. They just wanted to regulate it. Of course, they were lying. Now we know they really wanna ban abortion and they’re creating laws in yee-haw states to do just that. This is why I believe at some point they’re going to come clean and say they really do want to make it illegal for nonwhites to vote.

Steube was showing off his nine-millimeter pistols, like Glocks and Sig Sauers demonstrating they had high capacity magazines holding from ten to 15 bullets. He showed that lower-capacity magazines didn’t fit. Like other things in Steube’s house, they were too small and wouldn’t fit in the hole. So basically, he argued that banning those magazines bans those guns.

So what? Technically, it’s not a ban on those guns, but even if was, it technically wouldn’t be banning guns. Steube has the same fucked-up interpretation of the Second Amendment as all other Republicans, that it means they have the right to own whatever gun they want. Banning specific guns is not unconstitutional. The “right to bear arms” doesn’t mention what kind of arms. It doesn’t mention limitations or a free for all on guns.

The other thing is, it’s not about need as much as it is about want. Nobody needs more than one gun…if they need a gun at all. Steube is the kind of person who tells you it’s none of your business what kind of guns he has, and then proceeds to play show-and-tell with his guns which I’m sure makes him feel warm and squishy inside.

What Steube wants by showing off how horny he is for guns is too upset liberals, while really just icking them out a bit. I felt like I needed a shower.

The thing is, these are the people Democrats have to get through. This is Republican logic. The only way to achieve serious gun legislation that will be effective in stopping these mass shootings is to have fewer Republicans in Congress. It’s the only way.

Of course, that will be difficult because Republicans believe that in order to save the Second Amendment then they must destroy Constitutional voting rights…which will return Republicans, bought and paid for by the NRA, to Congress. These gun nuts already tried to destroy our Constitution by trying to overturn an election. I never want to hear a Republican ever again talk about the Constitution.

Greg Steube says he can do whatever he wants to do with his guns in his own home. Not if lock boxes become law, buddy. But until then, do whatever you want with your gun fetish in your own home. Just don’t broadcast it because, ew.

• Upvote 3

image.png.a64e46e50658355058fd9d27f37067c6.png

• I Agree 9

image.thumb.png.956f34b38d447daa45524f4beb79e6ca.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

image.png.237fc13334579b0a4450c298141fbd83.png

• Upvote 8

image.png.7bf9b031c7170d3b1dffce72e9173738.png

• Upvote 7

image.png.399a4cd8a64f0f5c59a619721f8f8fae.png

• Upvote 10

image.thumb.png.ee0758e4b1d5bf538c64a1d18d11d476.png

• Upvote 7

image.thumb.png.2cf68572b5424441875948b92931f81f.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

image.png.941ad948db42182a453b611c4c949aa4.png

"Uvalde Coverup"

Is there a coverup going on about the police response to the Uvalde school massacre?

While the 18-year-old shooter was inside a classroom with elementary students, some who had covered themselves in their classmates’ blood to hide and others who may have been bleeding to death, 19 cops refused to enter the classroom for 90 minutes.

There were cops outside arresting parents who were trying to enter the school to save their children. There were cops inside the hallway. During this time, children were calling the police from inside the classroom. Texas law enforcement has said “oops. Our bad,” but they haven’t provided good reasons as to why they messed this up so bad. There was one honest answer from a law enforcement spokesperson that the cops were afraid the shooter might stop shooting elementary students to shoot at cops.

The Texas Department of Public Safety is no longer investigating the police response as it’s the investigation has been handed over to the Uvalde County District Attorney, who does not plan to share the findings with the public.

The narrative from Texas authorities has shifted numerous times in order to avoid casting blame on law enforcement. In order to shift blame from cops, you have to blame someone else, like teachers and doors.

Texas DPS Director Steven McCraw blamed a teacher for the shooter’s entry into the school, claiming the shooter entered Robb Elementary through a back door a teacher had left propped open. The story changed four days later when the teacher’s lawyer spoke to the San Antonio Express-News.

The teacher did open the door to get her lunch out of her car, saw the gunman coming who had started firing at the school, then she slammed the door shut, which didn’t automatically lock. The DPS now says there’s a video confirming the teacher kicked a rock out that was propping the door open, and she slammed it shut.

Conservatives LOVE LOVE LOVE hating on teachers. They accuse them of teaching Critical Race Theory, which they are not teaching (but schools should be teaching). They claim teachers have a gay agenda in order to attack teachers while being homophobic. Now, they’re blaming teachers for a school shooting.

It’s ridiculous to blame teachers for a mass shooting, especially when two of them are murder victims along with 19 of their students. Cops and Republicans are trying to cover their asses.

What we should blame are guns. We should also blame cops who refused to respond. And, we should blame Republicans who refuse to even debate gun legislation. You can’t have a serious discussion on gun legislation with people who show off their gun collection during the discussion.

We should totally blame Republicans because Republicans are leaving the doors open for school shooters.

• Upvote 5

20220606_csotd1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220606_go1.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220606_go2.JPG

• Upvote 4

20220606_luckovich1.JPG

• Upvote 5

20220606_ohman1.JPG

• Upvote 5

image.png.3cc6eaa9d645ab10d143c3e66c0e114d.png