• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

image.png.a0163a6f3cfa69323f50068eb699a449.png

"Allonsy-Y Brandon"

I’m sorry but I don’t have time to blog today, but I still want to post this cartoon for you. I just have one question.

If high gas prices are President Biden’s fault, then why is it an international problem?

OK, one more question.

Why are we blaming President Biden for high gas prices while oil companies are making the highest profits in decades and haven’t offered to sacrifice for their consumers?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

20220617_luckovich2.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

20220617_kallaugher5.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

409BDB8E-0CBE-4BD4-BB61-954DEF8F1B57.thumb.jpeg.1c41bc49a0c98d105931581e68556abb.jpeg

• Upvote 7

I’m guessing Bobo didn’t have to spell America on any of her tries to get a GED:

image.thumb.png.11fe92752bd77fae6a08385807a5f29c.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

I like this version of equal time:

image.thumb.png.aaf70b7a786f9bac10720384e12a3226.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, ADoyle90815 said:

FB_IMG_1655399997139.jpg.ad153c01113063cb7a38fd4f8fcbdb71.jpg

Tell me you have never read the Bible nor actually paid attention to any church service during Christmas or Easter seasons without telling me you have never read the Bible nor actually paid attention to any church service during Christmas or Easter season.

Please tell me this picture is photoshopped and this shirt does not actually exist. I really cannot believe it is real. Nobody could truly be this monumentally stupid. Even the “welcome to Costco, I love you” guy in Idiocracy wouldn’t be this stupid. 

Well, it exists. I really really hope it’s meant to be ironic. But even so, the person who created it probably should realize some idiots won’t get the “humor” and will take it at face value. 
https://teechip.com/pobf

• Thank You 8

image.png.2caddb0c706301ef0ed7fbca4875f0c6.png

"Juneteenth, 2022"

I’m not hearing as much outrage over Juneteenth this year as I did last year, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there.

June 19, 2021, was the first Juneteenth as a federal holiday, but it wasn’t the first time it was observed. Most of white America thought we only had one independence day and weren’t even aware of Juneteenth, though millions of Americans have been observing it for decades.

This new holiday marks June 19, 1865, the day enslaved Americans in Galveston, Texas were told they were free. And a lot of people, usually those who scream the loudest about freedom, don’t want to observe this holiday honoring American freedom.

We are a hypocritical nation. July 4, 1776, was not a day of freedom for all Americans. And when the Founding Fathers established rights for all Americans in the Constitution, they didn’t apply to all Americans. The white conservatives today who don’t want to observe Juneteenth send a message loud and clear that they still don’t believe Constitutional rights should apply to all Americans. People who don’t want this date to be a federal holiday obviously don’t believe we are all equal.

I haven’t heard as much discontent over Juneteenth for its second year as I did for its first, but it’s still there. These same people are able to muster outrage on a yearly basis for the War on Christmas, so I’m sure they won’t totally neglect yearly outrage over a holiday they don’t feel applies to them.

Just as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day are seen as the holiday season, the two weeks before Juneteenth and the Fourth of July should be considered the freedom season.

I don’t believe we are a free country unless everyone is free and rights apply to all people equally. I’ll believe the division is waning and we’re getting closer to equality when I see June 19 abused just like all the other holidays when I see the first Juneteenth mattress sale.

• Upvote 6

I usually enjoy Trevor Noah's monologues, but this excerpt has become a favorite:

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic