IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

Did someone here ask her the question. yesterday about whether her teens feel like they are raising their siblings? (My summary of her answer: of course not, we do it Right - we disciple them and take care of the important things like discipline and spirituality but also everyone pitches in b/c we are a big family and doing it Right and also let me ask them right now and the children who have never experienced life outside our home think the question is ridiculous, so, no thanks, we are doing it Right.)

Or maybe it wasn’t a question asked by FJ. In completely unrelated news - did you know instagram allows for you enter your own question in your AMA box and then you can answer it yourself? 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Did someone here ask her the question. yesterday about whether her teens feel like they are raising their siblings? (My summary of her answer: of course not, we do it Right - we disciple them and take care of the important things like discipline and spirituality but also everyone pitches in b/c we are a big family and doing it Right and also let me ask them right now and the children who have never experienced life outside our home think the question is ridiculous, so, no thanks, we are doing it Right.)

Or maybe it wasn’t a question asked by FJ. In completely unrelated news - did you know instagram allows for you enter your own question in your AMA box and then you can answer it yourself? 

I would love to hear the answers from her three oldest kids 10 years from now. Of course they won’t admit it to Braggie now. They have to live with her.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

26 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

In completely unrelated news - did you know instagram allows for you enter your own question in your AMA box and then you can answer it yourself? 

Oh, I've suspected her of doing that a LOT.  Because I don't think she actually gets many questions that she's willing to answer.

Someone asked her about pets, and she said they only have the dog and 5 outdoor cats.

Which means the birds and the snake, both of which were posted within the last year and a half, are gone. 

Why am I NOT surprised. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

6 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Oh, I've suspected her of doing that a LOT.  Because I don't think she actually gets many questions that she's willing to answer.

I think that’s true of most influencers, but especially the QF variety. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Someone asked her about pets, and she said they only have the dog and 5 outdoor cats.

Which means the birds and the snake, both of which were posted within the last year and a half, are gone. 

Why am I NOT surprised. 

They also had lizards. 

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 1

37 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Why am I NOT surprised. 

She goes through animals like a Naugler.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Five bucks says the little boys either let the animals out of their cages and they got lost in the house or escaped outside, and/or they handled them to death.  Braggie probably literally has no idea what happened to them; she's not an animal person and doesn't care.

Living things are not toys, no matter how small (says the woman with two pet tarantulas).  It makes me see red. 

• Upvote 12

She just posted a reel of them all getting on a boat on a big lake somewhere.  No life jackets in sight. 

For people who supposedly cherish life and their children, they sure do take a lot of unnecessary risks.  

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 12
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She just posted a reel of them all getting on a boat on a big lake somewhere.  No life jackets in sight. 

For people who supposedly cherish life and their children, they sure do take a lot of unnecessary risks.  

Fundie safety rule number 1. There’s always another kid and JC protects.

They are so lazy. It’s why they have all those kids. Too lazy to consistently use BC.

Besides a Duggar or Bates, does anyone know any one in RL who came from a big family who is young and having those numbers of kids?  

• Upvote 9

Abbie uses a word that doesn't make any sense in the context she's trying to use it in, people point it out, and Abbie finds it "hilarious" that people are just too dumb to get it. Abbie is wrong and is a condescending bitch about it. Also, she has bride of Frankenstein hair.

Spoiler

98514466_Screenshot_20220709-1135182.png.c2f1a225f8d267cea7aa34a7321564d3.png106227249_Screenshot_20220709-1135382.png.04eb8dd0b4b3a968dd50d4ef098fedee.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 10

For someone who loves to brag about graduating homeschool at 16, she doesn’t understand the definition of grifted.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

Also for someone who reads here all the time. I don’t know if FJ introduced me to the word grifted or not but you all certainly increased my usage of it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Abbie is bragging about winning a convert —a former member from a “snark forum” 🙄 who wrote her an email singing her praises, now…

E13F54E9-CAC0-4293-9EBC-0BF639EF04EC.thumb.jpeg.e3dbb2b96fdacacca5edf59fec61502a.jpeg

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Eyeroll 22
  • Haha 4

I mean, I believe her that this could have happened, because it is very fundamentalist-convert to ask for forgiveness when "convicted" of something and to scrutinize past faults and even write random letters to people you feel you have wronged in the past. But for a theoretical person to do that, they are pretty deep in fundamentalism, so yikes. Also am cringing that this is one of the most incredible messages Abbie has received - can't quite put my finger on it - maybe because it reads as vindication: see? All those progressives that disagree with us are bad and realize this when they convert and then realize our way is right?

I'm always amazed that people put themselves (and their family) in the public eye and then wonder that there are people who disagree/criticize/ridicule. (Same with Jessa's recent clapback on Jill's shower post). I also would not like my family discussed on a snark forum...which is one reason I would never ever publicly market my family as an example to follow. 

But my guess to them it's persecution or part of their calling or something like that. 

• Upvote 6

I don’t claim religious tolerance that’s for sure! I grew up a Christian and was baptized into the church. I absolutely won’t tolerate people who use the same religion I grew up in to hate and shame others. I’ll never tolerate that. So no, I don’t preach tolerance when it comes to hurting and hating others. But yeah, I guess I’m progressive. I won’t disagree with her on that. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t claim religious tolerance that’s for sure!

This idea that "the left" preaches complete tolerance is a strawman from people like Abbie. I dunno if it's just outdated or even made up, but it's certainly not an accurate characterization of liberal views. Liberalism is people don't deserve to have harder lives because of things they can't control, like race, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc. Abbie is choosing to publicly put forth shitty views, so I don't have to be tolerant of her.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I think it’s kind of funny that she puts down forums like FJ because we spend time online snarking on shitty behavior of public people. We wouldn’t snark on her if she didn’t spend all her internet time bragging about herself, complaining about her kids, and showing off her “stuff.” I don’t think snarking on fundies’ public behavior is any worse than her online behavior. We wouldn’t talk about her at all if she stopped constantly bragging for the world to see. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s kind of funny that she puts down forums like FJ because we spend time online snarking on shitty behavior of public people. We wouldn’t snark on her if she didn’t spend all her internet time bragging about herself, complaining about her kids, and showing off her “stuff.” I don’t think snarking on fundies’ public behavior is any worse than her online behavior. We wouldn’t talk about her at all if she stopped constantly bragging for the world to see. 

We snark because she puts her narcissistic traits and prideful attitude on public display as if it’s something to pat her on the back for. It’s not- it’s poor character. She writes each post as if she’s expecting a standing ovation from everyone. She seeks constant praise for every word that comes out of her mouth and it’s her drug. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I also think she's probably unaware how many people snarking are people who've escaped fundamentalism to some degree. It's well-earned ridicule toward something that was hugely oppressive and a big fat lie. I was never fully fundamentalist, but i have OCD and religiously scrupulous tendencies. These threads were huge for interrogating old patterns, helping to spotlight religious hypocrisy, and shifting power dynamics.

Abbie has a huge uncontested following - limits comments, blocks opposing viewpoints, claims authoritative truth - the comments on that post feel like parody (lots of Amens! Praise God! Good job, you!). And because she likely reads here: Abbie, I and others will call those heavy religious burdens you insist on weighing people down with out in whatever way possible and thank the snark of FJ for helping to deconstruct oppressive legalism. Maybe one day you can be free, too.

Also, it's funny.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Here’s the thing Braggie doesn’t seem to understand. If you are writing a literal guide to good parenting, people are going to disagree with you along with patting you on the butt. If you tell the world how to do things best, there will be many different opinions! It’s like Braggie thinks everyone should keep their criticism to themselves. Even though she never does! She’s a huge hypocrite.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Abbie's post is the pot calling the kettle black. Abbie snarks on people all. the. time. She wrote a fucking book calling non-christian moms mediocre. She just calls her snark "speaking the truth in love" or other christian-ese smokescreen balogna. How amazing that some rando was just so overwhelmed with Abbie's goodness that she finally admitted that she was sad, miserable, and godless and finally got on board with Jesus. Now she can be just like Abbie, a happy nice person who totally never ever says horrible shitty things or denies other people experiences and just loves everybody. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Hold on to your hats peeps. Abbie is hard at work on her new book - too busy to post - but makes the time today to give us her take on biblical modesty. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic