IGNORED

Faux 4: A News Channel That Shows No News

GreyhoundFan

On 5/3/2022 at 6:34 PM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I had a priest talk about his mother, who was the village midwife in his Middle Eastern country where he was born, doing just that when she gave birth to him.  He claimed she, with the help of her sister, had him in the field, put him in the bag on her back where she was putting whatever it was she was picking, and carried on with her business.  I horrified my very Catholic mother by saying, "Well, I guess we know why you're a priest.  She ruined you for all other women by being such a legend that any other woman would be a big let down."  The same priest is also a fan of asking young married women when they are going to get pregnant or, if they already have a child or children, get pregnant again.  I imagine he's celebrating today. 

Giving birth in a field and getting up straight away and going back to work is such a bullshit story.

I was one of the lucky women with incredibly easy and fast births, from which I recovered very quickly. I was young, very fit and healthy. My first was born after 5 hours of relatively mild contractions and an hour of pushing at 1 am in the night. I lay awake the whole night reveling in my new motherhood, staring at my newborn. I felt so good that in the morning I insisted on going to the toilet instead of peeing in a bedpan. I got out of bed and nearly fell over. I was shaking and trembling so badly, and although my husband was helping me, I almost didn’t make it to the bathroom, just five or six steps away from my bed.

So anyone saying women can simply get up after childbirth and get on with whatever they were doing is lying their ass off.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Giving birth in a field and getting up straight away and going back to work is such a bullshit story.

I was one of the lucky women with incredibly easy and fast births, from which I recovered very quickly. I was young, very fit and healthy. My first was born after 5 hours of relatively mild contractions and an hour of pushing at 1 am in the night. I lay awake the whole night reveling in my new motherhood, staring at my newborn. I felt so good that in the morning I insisted on going to the toilet instead of peeing in a bedpan. I got out of bed and nearly fell over. I was shaking and trembling so badly, and although my husband was helping me, I almost didn’t make it to the bathroom, just five or six steps away from my bed.

So anyone saying women can simply get up after childbirth and get on with whatever they were doing is lying their ass off.

I completely agree.  He is a believer in having as many babies as God will give so he spins that tale as his way of trying to say that women can have baby after baby without problems and just carry on with daily life taking care of all their other responsibilities even right after giving birth.  Yeah, cool and all, but that ain't me buddy.  (I'm also not one of those women who leave the hospital wearing their pre-pregnancy jeans (one of the claims I have heard from both sides of the family) or has several kids but looks like I have never had even one.  Good for those women whose bodies snapped back into shape and escaped with not so much as a stretch mark, but maybe not talk about it when I am one week post-partum and still have a jelly-belly.  It's so ridiculous how "pro-life" people put such pressure on women to have baby after baby but somehow emerge sparkling and sexy immediately after pushing an entire human out of their bodies. I know it's not quite on topic but it is part of the misogyny surrounding pregnancy and childbirth. ) 

• Upvote 7

Shamity is sounding nervous:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

On 5/7/2022 at 12:51 AM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I'm also not one of those women who leave the hospital wearing their pre-pregnancy jeans

Literally the only woman I've met where that was the case was a jockey who had a lot of muscle and minimal body fat. I waved hi to her as she went up to give birth to triplets via c-section, and then saw her the next day in NICU visiting them - and you would never have guessed she'd given birth to one baby, let alone three (well other than she was in a wheelchair visiting a NICU and looking stressed). I was jealous of her for ages - I couldn't even get one baby to 1kg and she got three to over 1.5kg each!

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Literally the only woman I've met where that was the case was a jockey who had a lot of muscle and minimal body fat. I waved hi to her as she went up to give birth to triplets via c-section, and then saw her the next day in NICU visiting them - and you would never have guessed she'd given birth to one baby, let alone three (well other than she was in a wheelchair visiting a NICU and looking stressed). I was jealous of her for ages - I couldn't even get one baby to 1kg and she got three to over 1.5kg each!

My mother couldn’t stop talking about one of my SILs doing it with all of her children and my MIL not only talked about how she left the hospital with Taco Grande and his siblings in her pre-pregnancy pants but how PRAISE JESUS all how DILs except me did the same. I guess I didn’t pray my baby belly away hard enough.  I wish I was kidding. I guess I just get bitter because I have congenital conditions that require medications that really screw with my metabolism and sorry to reveal so much but my kids are here despite many doctors’ predictions so I really don’t care if someone leaves the hospital in a damn circus tent if she gave birth. I loathe all the competition bullshit. Sorry for the rant.

On topic- Sean Hannity does sound really scared. How weird to hear him say abortion will stay legal without some sort of vile and abhorrent follow up. Did the SCOTUS leak break him (or am I just grasping for some good news- any good news…..)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Dinesh is still ranting about Tucker.

• Upvote 7

At about 40 minutes into this podcast episode, there’s a fantastic interview with Dr. Jennifer Mercieca (a professor of communication who wrote the book Demagogue For President: The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump) about Tucker Carlson’s rhetorical methods and why he’s so damned effective at what he does (at least with certain segments of the population).

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-muckrake-political-podcast/id1489093693?i=1000559436911

The first half of the podcast is good as well — it’s the hosts’ first response to the leaked SCOTUS opinion in early May. A little dated in some ways (they weren’t sure yet if the leak was real when the episode was recorded), but still interesting analysis. 

• Thank You 7

Tuckums is extra hypocritical here:

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Tuckums is extra hypocritical here:

(Prefaced to say no disrespect to Crenshaw)- Tucker's just laying the groundwork for his newest Replacement Theory- Pirates.  Pirates are going to replace white Christian men.  All except Captain Jack Sparrow, because you KNOW Tucker is Team Johnny Depp. 

• Upvote 4

image.png.93d25e725db2ec2a3f8a7bc4c6a5b162.png

• Upvote 5

Just saw this on FB  

BED65C7C-AB54-450F-A98D-7E1950C63DD9.thumb.jpeg.6059b126fea593de41a6caa7d8d7d223.jpeg

As commenters have said Trek was woke long before the reich wing made that their latest insult. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Just saw this on FB  

BED65C7C-AB54-450F-A98D-7E1950C63DD9.thumb.jpeg.6059b126fea593de41a6caa7d8d7d223.jpeg

As commenters have said Trek was woke long before the reich wing made that their latest insult. 

At some point some of these people have to realize that "woke" isn't an insult, isn't a bad thing, and isn't even really new - it's just truth. People accepting facts. It's not "woke" to include LGBTQ+ people, it's just reality. It's not "woke" to point out racism where it exists, it's just pointing out the truth.

And yeah Star Trek is definitely not a place where you expect things NOT to be "woke" - see the on-screen kiss between Kirk and Uhura back in the day for just one small example. It was controversial at the time, and the powers that be insisted it be filmed with and without the kiss so they could decide which to show. So Shatner deliberately screwed up every single take that did NOT include the kiss. 

And really, Trek is set in the future. Do they really expect the world to go BACKWARDS? I know they want that, but it's not realistic. Things are never going to go back to the way they were 70 years ago. I almost typed "50" but that's 1972 and they want to go further back than that, even.

They've managed to make sure congress looks as little like the actual population of the country as possible, and they really want the media to look that way, also. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

At some point some of these people have to realize that "woke" isn't an insult, isn't a bad thing, and isn't even really new - it's just truth. People accepting facts. It's not "woke" to include LGBTQ+ people, it's just reality. It's not "woke" to point out racism where it exists, it's just pointing out the truth.

And yeah Star Trek is definitely not a place where you expect things NOT to be "woke" - see the on-screen kiss between Kirk and Uhura back in the day for just one small example. It was controversial at the time, and the powers that be insisted it be filmed with and without the kiss so they could decide which to show. So Shatner deliberately screwed up every single take that did NOT include the kiss. 

And really, Trek is set in the future. Do they really expect the world to go BACKWARDS? I know they want that, but it's not realistic. Things are never going to go back to the way they were 70 years ago. I almost typed "50" but that's 1972 and they want to go further back than that, even.

They've managed to make sure congress looks as little like the actual population of the country as possible, and they really want the media to look that way, also. 

I too find it amusing that "woke" is treated as an insult.  Oh, you're pointing out that I am a human who believes other humans should be treated with dignity and respect; are deserving of love; and should receive basic human needs?  Please do explain to me how that is an insult.  If you're going to try to insult me, at least make it credible.  Take a potshot at my insistence that Sid and Marty Krofft were genuises and "The Krofft Supershow" was and remains an entertainment goldmine.  Make fun of my undying belief that "Xanadu" is the best musical movie ever. Go for a dig at my vehement conviction that circus peanuts are created by angels and sent to earth through divine channels to be enjoyed in bliss.  But calling me "woke"?  You might as well send me a big bouquet of all my favorite flowers.  

• Upvote 8

I'm putting this thread here because Tucker Carlson shows up at the end.

The rest of the thread. 👇

Spoiler

• Thank You 4

image.png.dc8bef0dd53fed91273100dd93ab966b.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Tuckums is a champion of irony:

• Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 5

Faux just has to be Faux:

image.png.6902cd304097edf16649742dc92431e0.png

• WTF 6

Brown is the Democrat running against Jackson. She won't win, but I admire the hell out of her for trying. Anyhoo, like a good little Republican, Jackson blames everything but easy access to guns for the Uvalde massacre.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic