IGNORED

Faux 4: A News Channel That Shows No News

GreyhoundFan

15 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

This is one thing whose potential implications scare me for the US. If we do separate into two countries, and at the rate we're going I wouldn't be surprised if we do at some point, I can see the red gun loving States realizing after a few years, "oh crap! We really have lost a lot of money that the blue states were subsidizing us with. We've also lost technologies and other things that only come from Blue States so it's time for us to go to war with the blue States and try to take what we want back."

Yeah, I agree they would like to do that. Except, they’ll be an extremely poor country that will lack the means to go to war. War is expensive and not only financially costly but also economically (if everyone is fighting, who’s left to do the work?) and socially (if many men die or are incapacitated it will be a devastating blow to the population and it’s capacity to thrive).

Personally, I don’t believe the red states will ever actually want to secede. It’s economically not viable. Plus, how would such a country work geographically? The red states don’t all border each other. So how would the division of land be done?

The only way secession would be possible is if each red state became a country of its own. And that would be even less probable in an economic sense.

So no, secession won’t happen.

What would be the best option (although extremely challenging and difficult) would be to dissolve the states altogether and become one single country with unified rule and a one person/one vote electoral system.

Sadly, the chances of that happening are also slim to none. 

• Upvote 3

Tuckums really loves Putin:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

53 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Tuckums really loves Putin:

If not directly Putin, he sure is in some Russian oligarch's pocket, that's for sure.

That Fox allows him to spew Russian propaganda does make you wonder if the Murdochs are beholden to them too, or in cahoots with them. Either way, they are traitors, one and all.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Anybody hear Tuckums whinging about how the redesigned M&Ms aren’t sexy enough?

• Haha 6

shttps://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-minnie-mouse-blue-plantsuit-stella-mccartney-womens-history-month-paris-20220126-b76yfua5fffmzdzabch5pr72la-story.html

DIsney has announced that Minnie Mouse is going to swap her red polka dot dress for a blue pantsuit.  Has anyone checked on Tucker?

• Haha 10

53 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

shttps://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-minnie-mouse-blue-plantsuit-stella-mccartney-womens-history-month-paris-20220126-b76yfua5fffmzdzabch5pr72la-story.html

DIsney has announced that Minnie Mouse is going to swap her red polka dot dress for a blue pantsuit.  Has anyone checked on Tucker?

LOL I can see heads exploding now.

But truthfully? This is happening at Disneyland Paris, and she doesn't always wear the red dress there anyway. The park has a gorgeous sort of steampunk aesthetic through most of it, and the characters have costumes (for the parades especially) that reflect that. I was there for the 25th anniversary, and Minnie wore a blue dress then, I think. Mickey had on a royal blue tux, the colors for the anniversary were blue and silver.

37133584003_6c7223f3fe_c.jpg.f37647622812b8601446aa564a8e01a0.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

But truthfully? This is happening at Disneyland Paris, and she doesn't always wear the red dress there anyway. The park has a gorgeous sort of steampunk aesthetic through most of it, and the characters have costumes (for the parades especially) that reflect that. I was there for the 25th anniversary, and Minnie wore a blue dress then, I think. Mickey had on a royal blue tux, the colors for the anniversary were blue and silver.

Yes, but in Tucker's world, things that happen in ebil France don't matter, only things that happen in 'Murica are important.

• Upvote 5

On 1/27/2022 at 6:27 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Yes, but in Tucker's world, things that happen in ebil France don't matter, only things that happen in 'Murica are important.

In Tucker's world there are no other countries. Well, except maybe Russia, home of Putin, his paymaster.

• I Agree 4

On 1/25/2022 at 5:18 PM, smittykins said:

Anybody hear Tuckums whinging about how the redesigned M&Ms aren’t sexy enough?

I know when I was in upper elementary and Junior high back in the early to mid 80s that the rumor was if you ate green M&Ms you were horny. I think I know why Tucker is so worried about the green M&Ms... (Not that we really knew what it meant but I remember hearing about it at 4-H camp. You were also horny if you wore green on a Thursday.)

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I know when I was in upper elementary and Junior high back in the early to mid 80s that the rumor was if you ate green M&Ms you were horny. I think I know why Tucker is so worried about the green M&Ms... (Not that we really knew what it meant but I remember hearing about it at 4-H camp. You were also horny if you wore green on a Thursday.)

That must have come up in a US sitcom or similar because I remember hearing that too, and I'm pretty sure M&Ms weren't even sold here then!

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

That was the rumor ‘round these parts too. My absolutely baseless suspicion is Tucker, believing both that rumor AND that sensible shoes turn women into lesbians, has been giving his wife green M&Ms every night in an attempt to get her in the mood and now he’s afraid he’s turned her gay. My theory is not based on any facts, logic, or science so it’s perfect for Fox News. But if his wife files for divorce and announces she’s fallen for their Dominican Republic maid whose here illegally and being paid $1.26 an hour in cash, you heard it here first! 

• Haha 8

I find these Faux News topics hilarious. They hve nothing better to rant about than cartoon characters changing appearances.

They have nothing on Biden or Dem politics they can focus outrage on, and the antivaxx and Covid disinformation gets boring after a while.

Can you imagine the desperation as they pose the question how on earth they they keep their viewers engaged?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

There's nothing scarier to an old white racist than a Black woman who knows her shit and isn't afraid of them.

• Upvote 6

On 1/31/2022 at 12:31 AM, fraurosena said:

I find these Faux News topics hilarious. They hve nothing better to rant about than cartoon characters changing appearances.

They have nothing on Biden or Dem politics they can focus outrage on, and the antivaxx and Covid disinformation gets boring after a while.

Can you imagine the desperation as they pose the question how on earth they they keep their viewers engaged?

Fox News lost out when Hillary Rodham Clinton lost.  They were counting on four if not eight more years of the prior eight years' playbook except instead of railing against the scary brown man, they would rail against the "unstable" woman.  Suddenly they had to change course and kiss Trump ass.  It was fine to watch the clown show when nobody really thought he would get elected but then he was POTUS and Fox had to constantly pivot to make sense of nonsense.  Things got worse when Trump went so rogue Fox had to chose between licking his boots and risking lawsuits or circling the wagons and losing viewers.  Now they have Biden, who as a white guy who is pretty moderate, isn't nearly the incendiary figure that Obama and Hillary are.  If HRC had actually won they would have been thrilled as it would have played right into their ongoing narrative.  Trump winning then losing after one term really messed Fox up and I for one am here for it!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

"Fox News doesn’t carry Trump rallies live anymore. ‘He’s got to be very unhappy about it.’"

When former president Donald Trump began speaking at a boisterous rally Saturday night in Conroe, Tex., his favorite cable news channel did not show it. Viewers tuned in to Fox News at that hour were instead greeted with a six-day-old clip from CNN’s media commentary program.

Fox also chose not to broadcast Trump’s first big speech of 2022, at a Jan. 15 rally in Arizona, even though a reporter for the network later described it as “his first stump speech of a possible 2024 campaign.”

As Trump appears likely to run for president again, his supporters can no longer turn to Fox News Channel for live coverage of his latest speeches, as they generally could during his 2016 campaign, presidency and reelection campaign. Instead, viewers have to rely on one of the conservative channels hoping to outflank Fox from the right, such as Newsmax, One America News or the online outlet Right Side Broadcasting Network.

It’s the latest sign that Fox is becoming more selective about how it covers Trump — after years during which the network bragged about the ratings for its live rally coverage and even chided rival networks for not carrying some events. Prime-time hosts such as Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham even served as informal advisers to Trump during his presidency.

Newsmax, which was founded by longtime Trump pal Chris Ruddy, has been thrilled to fill the void left by Fox, bragging in online stories about its ratings boost from being “the only major news carrier to cover Trump’s rally live.” A Jan. 20 item on Newsmax’s website said the network drew 2.9 million total viewers during the Arizona rally, a huge increase from its normal Saturday night numbers, though still behind Fox, which Newsmax accused of imposing a “blackout on Trump rallies.”

Newsmax treated the Texas rally like a Super Bowl, with pregame coverage and postgame analysis from Bill O’Reilly and Ben Carson — both former Fox News personalities — as well as an on-screen poll asking viewers whether they want Trump to run again. At one point, the network split the screen between Trump’s rally and an advertisement for Newsmax-branded hats.

“We can’t speak to Fox News’s decisions, but we believe this rally was a significant news event that was worthy of coverage,” Ruddy told The Post on Tuesday, claiming that viewer interest in all things Trump is still “strong.”

Robert and Charles Herring, the father-and-son duo who control One America News, have also been all-in on Trump’s rallies. Both men reportedly attended Trump’s last two rallies in person, drawing shout-outs from the former president, who offered his support for the network after a recent decision by distributor DirecTV to stop carrying the aggressively pro-Trump channel.

Fox News representatives did not respond to a request for comment on the network’s decision not to broadcast Trump’s recent rallies. Once nearly as enthusiastic in its rally coverage as Newsmax and OAN, Fox started to pull back shortly before the 2018 midterm elections, when the network refrained at times from preempting high-value weeknight shows to carry the president’s latest stump speech. Still, the network trumpeted the big audience it received from a carrying a key Trump campaign speech in June 2020.

But Fox’s decision to play down this month’s big rallies isn’t necessarily about ratings. Trump speeches regularly include baseless claims that Democrats stole the 2020 election from him, and Fox is battling two big defamation lawsuits over Trump allies who made similar claims on its airwaves. Fox’s online story about the Jan. 15 rally noted that Trump “repeated his unfounded claims that the 2020 election was ‘rigged.’” Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch has also castigated Trump for obsessing about the settled 2020 election.

Or Fox’s programmers might have simply decided that a former president’s rallies do not merit live coverage when his next potential candidacy is still years away. Trump made news at this month’s events, nevertheless. On Saturday night, he dangled the prospect of pardons for people who have been charged with crimes in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection “because they are being treated so unfairly.” (Trump is expected to hold “roughly” two rallies per month going forward, Fox News reported last month.)

Whatever the reason, former Trump strategist Stephen K. Bannon has lashed out at Fox for the exclusion. “The Fox scam is over! Fox does not cover Trump at all, whatsoever,” he said on his podcast after the Arizona rally.

Fox is still covering highlights from Trump rallies in later programs, generally in a more favorable light than rivals such as MSNBC and CNN, which faced extensive criticism for regularly airing Trump’s rallies during the 2016 campaign. “Wow — you can tell people were excited to see that,” Fox co-host Rachel Campos-Duffy said after airing a Trump rally clip on “Fox & Friends Weekend” on Sunday morning.

And both Trump rallies this year have aired live on the Fox Nation online streaming service, as they “always” will, Fox News host Pete Hegseth said Sunday. (“Join us as President Trump holds a rally and makes America great again,” offered the most recent promo.)

Daniel Cassino, a professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey who wrote a 2016 book about Fox News, said the network has to walk a fine line between appeasing Trump-supporting viewers and potentially offending corporate sponsors who might recoil at the former president’s acerbic language and unfounded accusations.

“They’re trying to feel it out,” Cassino said. “Can we still show excerpts from the rallies and keep Trump fans happy, while excising and not showing the stuff that will make advertisers unhappy with us?”

While Fox News viewers may or may not be miffed by the exclusion, Trump surely is, said Charlie Sykes, a political commentator who works for the Bulwark and MSNBC. “He has to be very, very conscious of the fact that Fox is not giving him the kind of airtime that he’s used to in the past. He’s got to be very unhappy about it,” he said. “This is the heart and soul of his media strategy, and Donald Trump is a media creature.”

Sykes guessed that Fox News will “keep their powder dry” and stay somewhat neutral in advance of the 2024 Republican nominating contest, as the network did in the 2016 Republican primary. Skimping on Trump’s live rally coverage could be a way of doing that, he said.

But “they will ultimately follow their audience,” Sykes added. And he thinks that audience wants more Trump.

So, evidently, do some of Fox’s hosts.

“Boy, it was beautiful to see Donald Trump, the former president, on the stage for an hour and 20,” Hegseth told viewers during “Fox & Friends Weekend” on Sunday, recounting the previous night’s rally. “You watch him rocking and rolling from that podium, as I did for an hour and 20 minutes last night — he’s raring and ready to go.”

Longtime GOP pollster Frank Luntz argued that Fox News is successful because the network draws viewers beyond just Trump superfans. “The Fox audience attracts people who don’t necessarily agree with the political line,” he said. “They’ve got a good product and it earns a good audience.”

“I don’t think it’s that big of a deal that they’re not broadcasting Donald Trump 24-7 because he still shows up on Fox more than anyplace else,” Luntz added. “In the end, you can’t please all the people all the time.”

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Yes, Tucker is a Putin shill:

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic