IGNORED

Faux 4: A News Channel That Shows No News

GreyhoundFan

Yeah Keith’s on it 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I wish Keith Olbermann was still doing his show. 

Disgraceful.  You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat service employees.  If anybody is a scumbag, it's O'Reilly.  But - we already knew that.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

Fox Corp LGBTQ Staff Group Condemns Fox News’ ‘Hateful’ Rhetoric

Fox News’ overtly anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and coverage of Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill has generated outrage from elsewhere within the Murdoch media empire.

An employee networking and resource group for Fox Corporation’s LGBTQ staffers and allies earlier this month condemned the conservative cable giant’s “hateful” coverage of the new Florida law and issues surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity. The denunciation was in response to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) removing Fox Corp’s status as a preferred LGBTQ employer over its recent on-air rhetoric.

“Fox Pride denounces statements made regarding sexual orientation and gender identity on FOX News in the past week,” read the lengthy message posted on April 5 to the group’s company-wide Slack channel, which includes staffers from Fox News, Fox Weather, and other Fox brands. The note was verified and reviewed by The Daily Beast. “While the internal support and resources Fox Corp. offers to LGBTQ+ employees are amazing and supportive, the public facing messaging and rhetoric is the opposite. We find it disheartening and a step backward in the acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.”

The internal Slack message was first reported by media gossip site FTV Live.

The message, labeled as being “from the Fox Pride Board,” received dozens of positive emoji reactions from Fox-wide Slack users, including hearts and various pride flags. It is unclear when and how the note of condemnation was sent to Fox Corp brass.

The statement continued: “FOX News is one of the most watched cable networks in the nation and we must be mindful that the impact these words have on the LGBTQ+ community—especially youth. LGBTQ+ youth have the highest rate of suicide and words matter. Hateful words and generalizations about sexual orientation and gender identity have a direct impact on people’s lives. We are working to address and make sure our voices are heard.”

As the company’s employee resource group, FOX Pride “supports causes important to the LGBTQ community and fosters a work environment where all of FOX’s LGBTQ colleagues feel 100% authentic and professionally supported.” Another message in the Fox Pride chat room invited members to participate in an “open discussion” to have a “safe dialogue” about discriminatory anti-LGBTQ laws around the country.

When reached for comment, a Fox Corp spokesperson wrote: “We are fully committed to freedom of speech and freedom of the press because we know these precious rights as well as diversity of thought and opinion benefit us all.” When reached for comment, a Fox News spokesperson referred to the same statement.

Starting last month, after Disney spoke out against the vaguely worded Florida bill banning discussion of sexuality and gender in school classrooms, Fox News hosts and commentators began melting down on air with a deceptive smear campaign targeting the Mouse House’s support for the LGBTQ community.

With the network’s wall-to-wall segments soon veering into outright homophobia and anti-trans panic as hosts claimed Disney was pushing a “progressive LGBT agenda” that supported the “chemical castration” and “grooming” of young kids, the HRC on April 1 demoted the network’s parent company from its list of top workplaces—strictly in response to Fox News’ recent coverage.

“Fox News has a history of sharing misinformation and disinformation about the LGBTQ+ community. We know from our own research, which we put out earlier this week, what their disinformation and misinformation means for the LGBTQ+ community: perpetuating stigma and marginalization of transgender and non-binary people,” HRC senior press secretary Aryn Fields said in a statement.

“We can no longer allow Fox Corporation to maintain its score if Fox News personalities and contributors continue to deny the existence of transgender people, minimize the violence transgender individuals face, refer to parents of LGBTQ+ youth as perverts, or equate leaders of LGBTQ+ diversity and inclusion efforts with sex offenders,” she added. “Each of these actions happened in the last 72 hours. Enough is enough.”

While Fox News has only ramped up its anti-LGBTQ “Doom & Groom” rhetoric since then, Fox Corporation’s LGBTQ employees and allies have, indeed, made their anger known about the damage the network has done to the company’s reputation.

As one Fox insider told The Daily Beast, many of the company’s LGBTQ employees are “very outraged,” especially as the network’s personalities are “targeting Disney for doing what [Fox is] doing internally in terms of promoting inclusion.”

Additionally, this insider expressed how much Fox’s rhetoric has potentially damaged the company as a whole and angered employees across the corporation.

“The thing is, internally, the company values diversity,” explained the insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals. “They invest in it and foster it from a management perspective. The on-air Fox News product, however, spits in the face of it. The employees are getting sick of it.”

• Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

The thing is, internally, the company values diversity,” explained the insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals. “They invest in it and foster it from a management perspective. The on-air Fox News product, however, spits in the face of it. The employees are getting sick of it.”

Maybe they should strike? Or refuse to put this crap to air? It's kind of like they're in a very closeted employer/employee relationship and if they don't want to live in the world Fox appears to want to create and maintain then they might have to reconsider.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:57 PM, Cartmann99 said:

“I’m too busy to do my actual job by listening to a very short audio that will require me to report, you know, MY ACTUAL JOB, something that won’t fit the narrative of this network. Hey, this hair and makeup doesn’t happen by itself and I am already on thin ice for not being blonde so cut me some slack.”

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Yeah, people learning to think for themselves is scary, isn't it. Because educated people start questioning things. And you can't have that now, can you? Who would be left to believe you, and be gullible enough to fall for your grift?

Edited by fraurosena
Typing in the train makes for plenty of riffles
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Xan said:

NC real estate?   Does anyone know what that's about?

The article below is from 2018.

Sean Hannity reportedly owns at least 870 properties in 7 states

Fox News host Sean Hannity has said he only sought legal advice from Michael Cohen, President Trump's personal lawyer and fixer, regarding real estate, and they would have a lot to talk about, according to a report in The Guardian. "I hate the stock market, I prefer real estate," Hannity said on TV after he was revealed in court to be one of Cohen's three listed clients. "Michael knows real estate." And thousands of pages of public records show that Hannity has a massive portfolio — over the past decade, more than 20 shell companies linked to Hannity bought at least 877 properties for just under $89 million, The Guardian said Sunday.

The residential properties — in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Alabama, North Carolina, Vermont, and New York — include multimillion-dollar mansions used by Hannity, single-family units in modest suburbs, and apartments in low-income areas, The Guardian reports. Dozens of the properties were scooped up at a discount in 2013 from banks that had foreclosed on the owners during the financial crisis, and at least two large apartment complexes in Georgia were purchased with assistance from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Hannity bought the apartments in 2014 for $22.7 million, using $17.9 million in mortgages obtained via HUD, replaced last year with $22.9 million in loans from HUD and a new bank, The Guardian says.

Hannity has taken public stances against HUD financing going toward rental properties, criticized the mass foreclosures before Trump took office, featured HUD Secretary Ben Carson on his Fox News program, and brought Bill Lako — who took nominal control of the Georgia firm Henssler Financial LLC from Hannity in 2016 — onto his radio show, The Guardian says. Christopher Reeves, Hannity's real estate attorney, told The Guardian they'd "struggle to find any relevance" in Hannity's confidential property holdings. "I doubt you would find it very surprising that most people prefer to keep their legal and personal financial issues private. ... Mr. Hannity is no different." Read more at The Guardian. Peter Weber

• Thank You 6

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Sooo... What Laura here is saying is "Despite the fact I worked a variety of very high paying jobs, and could easily have paid off my student loans myself AND helped my mother out financially, I let my elderly mother work a physically demanding difficult job long past when she should have been able to retire so SHE could pay my debts instead."

Tell us you're a horrible entitled daughter without saying you're a horrible entitled daughter, Laura!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

What Carlson actually thinks of the orange fornicator 

Tucker Carlson criticized then-president Trump on his prime time show for breaking campaign promises.

Carlson mocked Trump's habit of calling to head off on-air attacks, The New York Times reported.

In one instance, Carlson declined a call from Trump, a Fox News employee told The New York Times

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Consider the source. This is the same person who bragged about her 73-year-old mother working as a waitress to pay off her student loans.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Ok. That would mean half of the population would leave. Who would take care of all those misogynists then, huh? 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Oh fuck off, you privileged sack of shit.  Many of these women can barely afford a gallon of milk, much less afford to move.  Fucking assholes who believe that a baby is only worth protecting until it is born are the reason some women make the difficult decision to terminate a pregnancy.  Start advocating for prenatal and postnatal care and better services for the mother and child and then we'll talk, you raging harpy.  Until then, keep your trap shut when it comes to your view of what women should do when you have never been in their position.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Imagine what it would look like if all women who oppose this decision DID decide to move. The men who oppose it, too. Ignoring the fact that suddenly the rest of the world would be faced with an influx of refugees, and the fact that people who need abortion access the most are the least able to afford to move, of course. Can you imagine how horrible things would end up? Incels everywhere, since most women would have gone. The women left being out of the workforce because of too many children... it'd end up post apocalyptic. 

I suggest, instead, that anyone who supports the decision to overturn Roe should be the ones to move. I think there are places they'll be happier. The rich ones will end up in Saudi Arabia, I suppose. The poorer ones? Afghanistan has some open land, I think. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Oh fuck off, you privileged sack of shit.  Many of these women can barely afford a gallon of milk, much less afford to move.  Fucking assholes who believe that a baby is only worth protecting until it is born are the reason some women make the difficult decision to terminate a pregnancy.  Start advocating for prenatal and postnatal care and better services for the mother and child and then we'll talk, you raging harpy.  Until then, keep your trap shut when it comes to your view of what women should do when you have never been in their position.  

Not to mention paid pre and postnatal work leave, so women don't have to work up until the day that the baby is born, and either goes 6 weeks with no income or head back sooner than that so they can get paid.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Not to mention paid pre and postnatal work leave, so women don't have to work up until the day that the baby is born, and either goes 6 weeks with no income or head back sooner than that so they can get paid.

Cue "but in the good old days my great-grandma gave birth in a field, tied the baby on her back, and just kept right on working! While my grandad was walking barefoot to school uphill, both ways, in the snow!"

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Cue "but in the good old days my great-grandma gave birth in a field, tied the baby on her back, and just kept right on working! While my grandad was walking barefoot to school uphill, both ways, in the snow!"

I had a priest talk about his mother, who was the village midwife in his Middle Eastern country where he was born, doing just that when she gave birth to him.  He claimed she, with the help of her sister, had him in the field, put him in the bag on her back where she was putting whatever it was she was picking, and carried on with her business.  I horrified my very Catholic mother by saying, "Well, I guess we know why you're a priest.  She ruined you for all other women by being such a legend that any other woman would be a big let down."  The same priest is also a fan of asking young married women when they are going to get pregnant or, if they already have a child or children, get pregnant again.  I imagine he's celebrating today. 

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic