IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, Cam said:
From her statement, it appears that on some levels, when the verdict came down, Jinger was freed.
I got goosebumps reading her statement. She’s the one with guts to say he was deceiving others by saying one thing but doing another. She calls out his hypocrisy using the description “so-called follower” (of Jesus) and continues to rightfully accuse him of privately delighting in sins he publicly denounced. Hot damn, Jinger.
It would seem she and Jill are the estranged two of the fam.

Seems like those who have “gotten out” are attempting to one-up each other with their distance from Smuggar - I’m actually surprised by how anti-Josh they’ve all been so far… especially Jing.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
edited double post
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

After all of this has come to light, it’s still a trumped up charge?

Well since SA among families in Lori’s world any charges are trumped up because the abuse isn’t a crime. It just normal curiosity. 

Wonder mental gymnastics she needs to go through to justify the videos Josh watched. Babies Lori BABIES. You know the ones you profess to only support before they are born.

The only statement that could be worse is one from Michael and Debi Pearl 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Go. Jinger. And. Jeremy. If the rumors are true that JB is spinning this like Josh is like the apostle Paul, Jinger and Jeremy just blasted him by saying what Paul would have said about religious hypocrites. Well done guys. Well done. 

• Upvote 36
  • Love 4

Translation: Yeah Jeremy is of reformed theology's ilk, and so he would lean toward predestination and "those that came out from us never were truly of us" theology. This isn't the behavior of a true Christian. They're saying essentially that Josh isn't a Christian in spite of what he professed. He isn't of the elect, in their estimation, as his actions aren't befitting of one indwelled of the Holy Spirit and thus, yeah, they think he's headed straight to hell. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

56 minutes ago, Bipolardanicats said:

That's one of the most polite fuck off burn in hell messages I've read in years.  I like it.

It’s way to religious for me to like it, but I appreciate the sentiment. The victimized siblings all seem to wash their hands of Josh, no praying for him, no “we still love him”. They don’t owe us any statements, but I’m very curious were the other siblings are going to fall. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

There are some people in this world for whom I unmitigated hate. I just added Lori to the list. 

You know what else is against the law Lori? Molesting your sisters. 
I didn’t catch it the first time I read this, but who noted Lori said JB did what he was ‘Led’ to do. Not what the law says and not to protect his daughters. I hate it when these fundies say they prayed on something and did what God said. What they are really using God as a reason to be shitty parents 

• Upvote 22
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It’s up to Jessa how she reacts- every victim has to find their own way. Jill is better placed than the others to work through her feelings because she has professional help and her husband (for all his other faults) accepts the need for this. If Jessa doesn’t want to speak out or be mentioned in Ben’s statement- that is her choice. It would be sad if she decides to support JB and the Duggar brand though, after he couldn’t even be arsed acknowledging his daughters’ suffering while under oath.

I just honestly think the women still in the cult can’t or won’t make their own statement. The best I can hope for is Ben talked it over with her and listened to her input first. I’m not sure how much choice they actually have or know they have.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I just honestly think the women still in the cult can’t or won’t make their own statement. The best I can hope for is Ben talked it over with her and listened to her input first. I’m not sure how much choice they actually have or know they have.

Didn’t Jinger and Jessa used to be besties? No more?

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

What have the aliens done to you?! 😂

I used the polite versions! Normally it's "shoot this into space so it can die alone."

• Upvote 9

30 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Translation: Yeah Jeremy is of reformed theology's ilk, and so he would lean toward predestination and "those that came out from us never were truly of us" theology. This isn't the behavior of a true Christian. They're saying essentially that Josh isn't a Christian in spite of what he professed. He isn't of the elect, in their estimation, as his actions aren't befitting of one indwelled of the Holy Spirit and thus, yeah, they think he's headed straight to hell. 

I absolutely HATE that way of thinking. Steven Anderson pulls that shit constantly. He will love fellow pastors that kiss his ass and say they are godly saved men. And whenever they have the gall to disagree with him, he says they were never really saved anyway. It’s bullshit. You can be a Christian and a child abuser, rapist, murderer, whatever. Josh is a Christian. Jeremy is a Christian. Jinger is a Christian. Jeremy doesn’t get to say who is a Christian and who isn’t. I know he thinks he’s god. But damn.

• Upvote 37
  • I Agree 4

That statement is a strong rebuke. And Jeremy definitely wrote it. It sounds like one of his sermons. 

I think every Duggar is concerned about Josh’s soul right now. Being saved is the cornerstone of their lives. If they think he did it, they’re not only hurt by his actions but they are most grieved by his eternal damnation. There will be many prayers for his redemption. 

@JermajestyDuggar I fucking hate this line of reasoning too. Glanced again at Baaabe’s sermons and he is such an asshole. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wish I could shoot Lori into space. 

👽🛸

I’ll ask Mulder on how to do so. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

I frankly don't care who wrote their statement, although it sounds like mostly Jeremy. I am so glad to see someone actually acknowledge Josh's actions and condem them and him. Whether you agree with all the religious wording or not, they didn't try to talk around the truth. Hoping this is an awakening for several more Duggars.

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Go. Jinger. And. Jeremy. If the rumors are true that JB is spinning this like Josh is like the apostle Paul, Jinger and Jeremy just blasted him by saying what Paul would have said about religious hypocrites. Well done guys. Well done. 

Considering that tea, I was surprised to see Apostle Paul and James too.  IF the Duggar home is as described in the tea, than Jing is talking to JB directly.   

That freaked me out honestly because it makes the tea seem true and holy shit how awful for the not married kids and grands.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

FYI, The Leaving Eden podcast released a post-verdict episode. It’s a former fundie’s podcast. I believe her name is Sadie Anderson. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

12 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I think every Duggar is concerned about Josh’s soul right now. Being saved is the cornerstone of their lives. If they think he did it, they’re not only hurt by his actions but they are most grieved by his eternal damnation. There will be many prayers for his redemption.

But would they want to hang out in the same part of heaven?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Considering that tea, I was surprised to see Apostle Paul and James too.  IF the Duggar home is as described in the tea, than Jing is talking to JB directly.   

That freaked me out honestly because it makes the tea seem true and holy shit how awful for the not married kids and grands.  

Exactly. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic