IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Oh damn now I have to look Jason up and see which one he is 🤣

Damn that didn't help. One of the howlers?

There's a Jason?

What I find very interesting is in what none of them have said.

If your brother became like this despite your parents, think they are blameless in him turning into a monster something about the pain of mom and dad would have been mentioned with Anna and the kids.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, and it’s not a formal statement, but Bobye Holt vehemently agrees with someone de punching IBLP on her Instagram post about Josh being found guilty 

A0AB8A6E-27DB-4E8D-ADDE-E4F3A68503C8.jpeg

• Upvote 24
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 7

On 12/10/2021 at 12:54 AM, clueliss said:

I’m waffling in where to put this (because pastorfromok is NOT fundie, I’m found him on deconstructing Exvangelical tiktok 

I thought his name was Pastor Fromok. I spent a few minutes trying to pronounce his surname!!!!! Then realised what OK meant.  I wonder what he thinks about pp Anderson? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

There's a Jason?

What I find very interesting is in what none of them have said.

If your brother became like this despite your parents, think they are blameless in him turning into a monster something about the pain of mom and dad would have been mentioned with Anna and the kids.  

I laughed at your "there's a Jason?"- but changed it because yes. This.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I totally agree.  I think Jill's "we have been lied to" was the closest anyone has come so far. And in my wildest dreams, it would be JB/M themselves who would condemn themselves for not helping Josh sooner and for not protecting their daughters. Clearly, that will never happen.

JB and M seen to never have to repent, do they?  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Considering that tea, I was surprised to see Apostle Paul and James too.  IF the Duggar home is as described in the tea, than Jing is talking to JB directly.   

That freaked me out honestly because it makes the tea seem true and holy shit how awful for the not married kids and grands.  

I had the same thought.  A rumor being true?  It's a Christmas Miracle!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

JB and M seen to never have to repent, do they?  

Nope. It’s like they’re allergic to it or something.

Too bad, buy an epi pen and suck it up.

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I had the same thought.  A rumor being true?  It's a Christmas Miracle!

Let's see in a couple days if Duggars start posting pro Josh stuff or whatever.   

Honestly,  it fits the cult narcissist theme.  Those poor kids.  It sounds scary at the TTH.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I totally agree.  I think Jill's "we have been lied to" was the closest anyone has come so far. And in my wildest dreams, it would be JB/M themselves who would condemn themselves for not helping Josh sooner and for not protecting their daughters. Clearly, that will never happen.

They have 19 kids.  Do you think they care about a couple kids that “went out of the fold” ?

those “parents” have a lot of exposing to do.  Those kids are messed up.  They were told to smile for tv. Told to act godly for tv interviews.  Screw them.  Getting paid to to have even more kids.  That’s always bothered me. Jim bob was proud of his penis.  No wonder Joshua is fucked up. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Nutella Ace said:

Jinger has posted her statement on Instagram. 

6666C15B-D6A8-4718-8980-C4DF30B5EF52.jpeg

That last line though makes me think that there may be more to come from the Jane Does. Didn’t some statute change?

• Upvote 11

I just realized I'm posting in 2 different threads about the same thing with the same posters.  I was confused there for a minute!  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Lista said:

They have 19 kids.  Do you think they care about a couple kids that “went out of the fold” ?

those “parents” have a lot of exposing to do.  Those kids are messed up.  They were told to smile for tv. Told to act godly for tv interviews.  Screw them.  Getting paid to to have even more kids.  That’s always bothered me. Jim bob was proud of his penis.  No wonder Joshua is fucked up. 

Historically they have done a lot to keep even one child "in the fold," yes. They are controlling narcissists. Of course they care. 

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wish I could shoot Lori into space. 

A one way ticket though, not those wasteful round trips that billionaires like. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, meep said:

Historically they have done a lot to keep even one child "in the fold," yes. They are controlling narcissists. Of course they care. 

I agree.  Losing control of an arrow in their quiver is a big deal!   It looks bad and is risky for the cult.  

19 minutes ago, janey said:

That last line though makes me think that there may be more to come from the Jane Does. Didn’t some statute change?

How can there be a statute on child sexual assault?  Any really but specifically child.  Because,  they may need to grow up before being able to do something about it legally.  I don't get it, that's not fair at all.  So, if you're 3, you better get it together by 8?  Wtf?!

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

I can't give Jinger and Jeremy too much credit. They are image-obsessed fame chasers with far more to lose by not appearing to take this seriously. Maybe for some of the other sibs, it's a big step to condemn and maybe not. They're enough "of the world" to see the way their image is tanking. Most of the adults have social media.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole family tries to distance themselves from Josh. Even his devoted 🙄 parents. I wouldn't be surprised if in less than a year Anna leaves him with full support of everyone else. I know some people will call this naïve, but I don't believe this because  these people are good. I believe it, because they care about their image and the perception of them.

13 minutes ago, meep said:

In my experience, this is par for the course with fundies and even more mainstream religious types. To me, a fundie isn't a fundie if they only want to be religious on themselves. Fundies need to control everyone.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, neuroticcat said:. I take this as confirmation Jinger is out of the cult too. Go Vuolos! 

Can we here at freejinger just pause and celebrate the fact that…wait…is Jinger getting free? 🤯🙏

As someone who has been watching this all for so very long my adult children are now funny watchers…this makes me so happy. She did it!

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, gustava said:

I thought they were saved through the blood of the lamb and accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.  So couldn't the perv say he'd accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior and his "church" would have to accept that?  Not being snarky.  Serious theological question.

Having grown up in a Southern Baptist church, that is what they believe. I have always felt this was strange though - that you could spend much of your life bring a “sinner”, and then you publicly profess your faith and ask Jesus into your heart and then Boom! You are saved. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Bipolardanicats said:

That's one of the most polite fuck off burn in hell messages I've read in years.  I like it.

I so agree. It's the winner.

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I agree.  Losing control of an arrow in their quiver is a big deal!   It looks bad and is risky for the cult.  

It actually disqualifies JimBob from any type of ministry:

1 Timothy 3:4-5

He (a church leader) must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children obedient, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church?

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Oh damn now I have to look Jason up and see which one he is 🤣

Damn that didn't help. One of the howlers?

He's the one that The Sun kept calling Jed xD

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

This is my favorite of the statements thus far. I’m probably reading into it, but I see sideways critique of the whole IbLP system and acknowledgement of Josh’s molestation of them when they were girls. 

I also like how it leaves people like Lori unable to keep defending. They are using conservative biblical principles to name the evil and hypocrisy. I take this as confirmation Jinger is out of the cult too. Go Vuolos! 

Can we here at freejinger just pause and celebrate the fact that…wait…is Jinger getting free? 🤯🙏

I honestly feel she's been free since they moved away. At the least the string frayed a lot.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

30 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

How can there be a statute on child sexual assault?  Any really but specifically child.  Because,  they may need to grow up before being able to do something about it legally.  I don't get it, that's not fair at all.  So, if you're 3, you better get it together by 8?  Wtf?!

Exactly!!! It's straight up bullshit.

• Upvote 5

I don't expect any of the adult kids to start critically thinking about JB & M right now. Their worlds have been rocked. I would imagine they are all still trying to process what just happened. Are they happy one minute? Sad the next? Angry and lashing out at their spouses, who I hope are loving and understanding. Before they can process JB & M's role in all this, they have to process the most important things about all this......they are safe, they are believed, and they are survivors. When they come to terms with their "new normal" then they might start discussing with their safe people, whether that be their spouses or therapists, and start seeing the reality of their religion, upbringing and parents. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic