IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

I’ll just leave this here as my tribute to the MOTY’s headship. 

I’m trying to imagine Tyler’s mom right now. She might have thought her son was in a good home and taken care of. Then the turd hits the fan. I wonder what her legal recourse would be if she tried to get him the fuck out of there. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

That's one of the reasons why the Bible is so timeless and enduring. You can find a verse for every occasion.

Love that burn!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

JB the victims have names. Say their names. Michelle you gave birth to at least four of them so that should make it easy. (Well maybe not easy for you as you’ve forgotten them in the past)

Some of the sisters may want privacy right now and they may not want their parents to make public statements about them. 

12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I’m trying to imagine Tyler’s mom right now. She might have thought her son was in a good home and taken care of. Then the turd hits the fan. I wonder what her legal recourse would be if she tried to get him the fuck out of there. 

I agree with this. I also can't believe there aren't other relatives who are concerned for this kid.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

41 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder if the Duggars will be bringing homemade goodies to the police this Christmas.

It depends, did the police endorse Jim Bob in the election?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I’ll just leave this here as my tribute to the MOTY’s headship. 

Free Tyler!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Some of the sisters may want privacy right now and they may not want their parents to make public statements about them. 

I agree with this. I also can't believe there aren't other relatives who are concerned for this kid.

They do not care what their daughters want. Their kids’ wishes will never ever ever factor into their statements or actions unless it aligns with what they feel is right. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

That's one of the reasons why the Bible is so timeless and enduring. You can find a verse for every occasion.

When I was 14 I wrote a 3 page note to my boyfriend about why we should lose our virginity with Bible verses. 

He was in a straight edge Christian punk phase (ahh the late 90s and very early 00s) an awesome teacher who got us all into the outdoors was Christian so he was emulating him. 

Needless to say it worked. Amen.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 36
  • Love 2

This article is from July, but it has some interesting and disturbing insights into the ATI approach to sexual abuse. It also has Debi Pearl's thoughts on the subject-need I say more really-but the fact someone entrenched in the cult felt the need to specifically write about how to respond to sexual abuse or your husband going to prison really reveals just how big a problem it is.

Article is well written but there are details that could be distressing or triggering:

https://nypost.com/article/duggar-cult-enabled-sexual-abuse-former-members-say/

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 14

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Jana sends out messages every time she posts her lovely SAHD projects, when he photoshops skirts on pics of women in pants

Wait, what??? Jana photoshops skirts on pictures of women wearing pants???

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Wait, what??? Jana photoshops skirts on pictures of women wearing pants???

Yes- she was at a fair and took some pictures of the carousel - there were 2 young women in the photo that were either wearing shorts nor short skirts and Jana clumsily photoshopped knee length skirts on them. She deleted the picture and left one of herself riding side saddle on a carousel horse ( wish I was making this up).

I googled for the original photo

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jana+duggar+photoshop+skirt&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=OfLDmCQeb5ew4M

hope this works.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 11

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Yes- she was at a fair and took some pictures of the carousel - there were 2 young women in the photo that were either wearing shorts nor short skirts and Jana clumsily photoshopped knee length skirts on them. She deleted the picture and left one of herself riding side saddle on a carousel horse ( wish I was making this up).

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jana+duggar+photoshop+skirt&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=OfLDmCQeb5ew4M

hope this works.

Just like Sarah Maxwell using MS Paint to cover up Bethany's bare tummy at her baptism.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

hope this works.

Wow. Thanks!

(At least she was doing it to background figures in a nice photo of herself that she wanted to use. I originally pictured her having a hobby of taking, say, magazine pics and altering them as a passtime!)

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

I thought the use of CSAM was PR pandering in the Duggar statement but I just realized that it both looks like they are taking it seriously by using that terminology AND makes it so they don’t have to say the words “sexual abuse” or have their followers necessarily even understand what they are saying. Who knows, maybe a major company will start up in the next couple of years with those initials and when people look back on their statement, it will be even more ambiguous. For all their clueless followers know, JB and Michelle could be talking about victims of Controlling (family) Size through Abortion Methods.

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, Petronella said:

Wow. Thanks!

(At least she was doing it to background figures in a nice photo of herself that she wanted to use. I originally pictured her having a hobby of taking, say, magazine pics and altering them as a passtime!)

DuggarsSnark on Reddit took that photo Jana photo-shopped and photo-shopped a bikini on Jana.  They use it in their cover banner. It was a little tit for tat lesson it's a violation to photo-shop others. 

The point circles back to what Buffy was saying being at some point Jana co-ops JB's positions.  Another example,  Jill is somewhat estranged and not welcomed by her father in the TTH.   Jana being quiet about that at her age, assisting to host formal and informal events at the TTH, makes her part of excluding a sibling from the family unit.  It makes her also responsible in my book.  

Edited by Fjrocks
s
  • Upvote 19
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

4 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

DuggarsSnark on Reddit took that photo Jana photo-shopped and photo-shopped a bikini on Jana.  They use it in their cover banner. It's was a little tit for tat lesson it's a violation to photo-shop others. 

That's hilarious.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, IrishCarrie said:

Gotta say, I'm super-disappointed that there's nothing yet from ZsuZsu, Lori A, J-Rod or any Bates...:popcorn2:

DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED THEIR CONSTANT INPUT TO DECIDE WHAT TO THINK AND HOW TO FEEL!!!!!!!!!

:laughing-rofl:

Cassandra McMurtry put up a statement. 

1 minute ago, Freejin said:

Cassandra McMurtry put up a statement. 

Opinion- I hope and pray that that monster Josh Duggar gets the maximum sentence so his precious kids will be protected while he is in jail. 

Hopefully they will all be out of the house by the time he gets out. 

Luke 17:1-2 
1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

2  It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 2

24 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Gotta say, I'm super-disappointed that there's nothing yet from ZsuZsu, Lori A, J-Rod or any Bates...:popcorn2:

DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED THEIR CONSTANT INPUT TO DECIDE WHAT TO THINK AND HOW TO FEEL!!!!!!!!!

:laughing-rofl:

Lori A will post an inane tweet or FB post. If she’s really worked up, it will be a blog post. Likely about how feminism caused it all. She already posted awhile back about what a godly, heroic, submissive wife Anna is. 

• Upvote 9

NIFB condemnations are not a surprise. I’d like Zsu to put something on the internet for posterity’s sake so when her sons do something similar, or worse, it’ll make for a nice comparison.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic