IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

I have a bad feeling these fundies are going to use "protect the children" to go hard against abortion access. It's hard for me to see anything genuine in their statements, because I know that's where they'll start. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Gotta say, I'm super-disappointed that there's nothing yet from ZsuZsu, Lori A, J-Rod or any Bates...:popcorn2:

DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED THEIR CONSTANT INPUT TO DECIDE WHAT TO THINK AND HOW TO FEEL!!!!!!!!!

:laughing-rofl:

Maybe someone on FJ will have an opinion about how they feel about the verdict.  If I find one I'll shoot you a link.  :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

25 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I have a bad feeling these fundies are going to use "protect the children" to go hard against abortion access. It's hard for me to see anything genuine in their statements, because I know that's where they'll start. 

The flip side is that I’m ready to post “Josh Duggar” anytime anybody pretends to be pro-life because they want to protect children.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 7
  • Love 4

I actually don’t think they need to but what do people think about whether or not the Bates will issue a statement? Or are they just too caught up in weddingland?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

It really bothers me that she doesn’t refute “no longer pure” 

My purity has nothing to do with Csa, it makes my abuser no longer pure, not me.

Great point. Very important. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Freejin said:

I actually don’t think they need to but what do people think about whether or not the Bates will issue a statement? Or are they just too caught up in weddingland?

I doubt we’ll get a statement from the Bates. Yes, both families know each other and it seems they used to be rather close, but the Bates would be stupid to highlight any connections to the Duggars now. They now have their own show and a much better public image, without any major scandals. So to keep their wholesome image, it’s best for them to stay quiet and post wedding pictures. And I’m sure Kelly is media-savvy enough to know this. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I doubt we’ll get a statement from the Bates. Yes, both families know each other and it seems they used to be rather close, but the Bates would be stupid to highlight any connections to the Duggars now. They now have their own show and a much better public image, without any major scandals. So to keep their wholesome image, it’s best for them to stay quiet and post wedding pictures. And I’m sure Kelly is media-savvy enough to know this. 

Yep. And they are friends of the Duggars and know how to contact the family to pass on their thoughts. There is no need for them to go the media statement route.

• Upvote 2

They've had an opinion on plenty of other shit that isn't any of their business and should only be discussed privately (e.g my womb) so what's stopping them now?

Oh right. Hypocrisy. They only condemn whatever the liberal ebil heathens do.

🙄

• Upvote 25

42 minutes ago, Freejin said:

I wonder what Gil and Kelly felt about Carlin's name being in one of the texts he sent during the time he was downloading.  I know it wasn't about her, but just knowing someone was typing my daughter's name while doing that would sicken me.

• Upvote 14

55 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

They got their start on the Duggar show. The only reason why United Bates of America was a show was because of their appearance on the Duggar show. It was kind of like a reality show spin off. But now they are going to pretend like all that didn’t happen. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Honestly the Seewald's statement is the best I think we could possibly hope for from them. Taking the words in it at their most obvious meaning they do seem to be saying they agree Josh is guilty and at least that is something.

• Upvote 30
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Ben just posted this on Facebook: 

3E452106-9EBB-4176-82B9-D96401DFB2BC_1_201_a.jpeg

I wonder if this is their under the radar way of saying we are enduring unfathomable grief and pain. Jessa was one of the original victims, so I give them a bit of a pass as she may not want to deal with this.

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 8

This statement is heartbreaking to me for what it doesn't say.  Jessa is one of his victims too, there is no acknowledgment of that.  But to publicly process this trauma one more time has got to be horrific for her.   I see her as a victim of Perv and his progenitors.  Systematically since birth there has been abuse, gaslighting and indoctrination.  I think this statement is truly the best she can do right now.

don't get me wrong, I hate about everything they stand for but she is a product of her upbringing and for that reason I have some understanding.  Now that the truth has fully been shown the light of day it is up to each of these girls to find their own path, their own truths.  Jill is well on her way, I think maybe Jinger too.  I have some new found hope for Joy.  But Jessa, I think she may stay stuck for a long time, she is too steeped in the Kool aid.  

I will never probably agree with them on most of their stances.  but I would love to see them find their own true voices, whatever that may be.

• Upvote 32
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Yes- she was at a fair and took some pictures of the carousel - there were 2 young women in the photo that were either wearing shorts nor short skirts and Jana clumsily photoshopped knee length skirts on them. She deleted the picture and left one of herself riding side saddle on a carousel horse ( wish I was making this up).
I googled for the original photo
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jana+duggar+photoshop+skirt&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=OfLDmCQeb5ew4M
hope this works.
And here is her photoshopped pic: https://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/187138147491/i-have-to-be-honest-i-saw-this-on-another-site-i
  • Thank You 3

It’s up to Jessa how she reacts- every victim has to find their own way. Jill is better placed than the others to work through her feelings because she has professional help and her husband (for all his other faults) accepts the need for this. If Jessa doesn’t want to speak out or be mentioned in Ben’s statement- that is her choice. It would be sad if she decides to support JB and the Duggar brand though, after he couldn’t even be arsed acknowledging his daughters’ suffering while under oath.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

I was insensitve to be snarky about Jessa. As much as I have been glued to this trial, I never watched the show and know very little about the people themselves - I knew Jessa was married to Ben and has the last name Seewald and I think they have a kid named Spurgeon. But I didn't automatically know (although I should have, if I thought about it) that she was one of Josh's original victims. I stand corrected, she should say whatever she wants, or nothing at all.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 10

Surely Zsu Zsu will take the opportunity to pat herself on the back again.

Edited by TuringMachine
I'm bad at typing ok
  • Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Surly Zsu Zsu will take the opportunity to pat herself on the back again.

"My perfectly sheltered Godly sons only threatened rape and talked about murdering their future wives if they had a girl child in between quoting Tupac and Eminem lyrics. I'm grateful I haven't raised sons so sinful as to be actually arrested and convicted!"

I don't think Zsu has much standing to be holier-than-thou at this point. Sure it's very difficult to go lower than Josh Duggar, but damn if her boys didn't seem to be trying. 

• Upvote 38
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I don't think Zsu has much standing to be holier-than-thou at this point. 

As if that ever stops fundies 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, FunFunFundie said:

Seewalds: "We are supposed to say some words here, so here are some words. It's sad when people get hurt. Prayers!"

I read that very differently.  Sounds to me like they're saying the truth came out and they're glad he's being punished.  

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 21
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

Ben just posted this on Facebook: 

3E452106-9EBB-4176-82B9-D96401DFB2BC_1_201_a.jpeg

“…we are thankful for our justice system in its punishment of such evils” definitely reads to me as though they’re glad Josh went to jail for his crimes.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic