IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

53 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

True, though her T-shirt has a telling message (maybe I’m splitting hairs now and am detecting meaning in everything, but it seems more than a coincidence  to me that she wears something with “no shadow you won’t light up”): 

9981A064-01A4-4FCD-9823-7E4A0433C2DA.thumb.jpeg.46c2f4d6a889c13a2909b81fc2f33685.jpeg

It may have a message, but just for those who don't know, it's also lyrics from a very popular Christian worship song, "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury.

It's from the bridge of the song (which other lyrics of are also quite relevant)

There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me
There's no shadow You won't light up

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

COMPLETELY off topic but remember that one time Ben thought he would try rapping? 🤣 To this day I laugh remembering the cringe. 

Spoiler

I hope I did this right, mods if I didn't my apologies. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

1 minute ago, imokit said:

Wow Jinger!

That is even more damming of Josh than the Dillards.  Josh is going to hell and we're thankful he's in prison.

This whole thing must have been so traumatic for her, but that is a brilliant statement (while still couched in an impressive amount of God speak).

It is more about God than her own feelings as a member of the family.  I get it that she is not ready to address the family and personal side.  (When she condemns Josh for hypocrisy, it is inevitable to consider her parents’ hypocrisy and efforts to conceal or minimize Josh’s crimes.)

I was struck that she doesn’t say that they will pray for Josh — even though she says that they “fear for his soul.”  The main message is to condemn Josh for hypocrisy, for betraying Christian teaching while calling himself a Christian.

Am I right that Jeremy’s theology is of the Calvinist predestination sort?

• Upvote 29
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, LanaBanana said:

Wow, they they basically said they think he's going to hell.

at the very least he'll spend an eternity or several in purgatory. (lapsed roman catholic here)

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, EmCatlyn said:

It is more about God than her own feelings as a member of the family.  I get it that she is not ready to address the family and personal side.  (When she condemns Josh for hypocrisy, it is inevitable to consider her parents’ hypocrisy and efforts to conceal or minimize Josh’s crimes.)

I was struck that she doesn’t say that they will pray for Josh — even though she says that they “fear for his soul.”  The main message is to condemn Josh for hypocrisy, for betraying Christian teaching while calling himself a Christian.

Am I right that Jeremy’s theology is of the Calvinist predestination sort?

The main message is to condemn Josh for hypocrisy, for betraying his sisters and brothers while calling himself the 'big brother'. 

And i guess we can be sure that he would have pulled the 'i am the big brother and you are to obey me' trope on more then one occasion. 

I guess J+J had some 'fun' while finding the best fitting bible phrases. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Get it, Vuolos! The wording and theology are all Jeremy, of course. But I suspect the sentiment is Jinger's, hidden in there  - she grew up both loving and fearing Josh, I'm certain would never want to see him damned but probably at the same time feels validated that this is not only the court's judgement but God's judgement of her brother. 

I rather think the same of the Dillards' post, it's nicely worded per Derick about "no one above the law" but the bit about "Josh's actions are far reaching, children have scars, but his family/Anna/kids are also suffering the fallout" read to me as Jill saying - children (ie JaneDoes12345) have grown up with scars from his direct actions but indirectly he has also hurt his wife and children as well. 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 42
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

... I'm  thinking JinJer won't be invited back to the TTH any time soon.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jchelle watch the public reaction as these statements are released to "take the temperature" of popular opinion and adjust their stance accordingly-possibly releasing another statement.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

It may just be differing writing styles but if I were to read that statement as someone who is not familiar with the Duggar family I wouldn't think that she was speaking about a brother. The way that "Josh's family, his wife and their children" is phrased would to me mean " Josh's family of origin i.e. JB, Michelle & siblings, then his new family of wife and kids".  It is probably just different writing styles, but a large part of me is hopeful that that means that Jinger is able to distance herself from her shitty parents and the situation they put her in.....

But yeah, totally getting the "He's a piece of shit & I hope he burns in hell" vibe.....

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Cam said:

The Seewald statement doesn’t say that they were shocked or surprised when the charges were filed. They knew the case against Josh was not just possible but also probable. They’re glad the justice system finally nailed him and he will be punished. Their talk of the “unfathomable grief and pain” of Josh’s wife and kids is letting us know Anna is taking it very hard. Maybe even possibly finally letting the truth sink in that she married an axe murderer a pedophile. Who knows what went on between the sheets with Anna and Josh. He could have insisted she call him Daddy and use baby talk and other disgustingly creepy things that sicken her now.

Nah, she'll continue to bury her hand in the sand & look to JB. Coming to those realizations would mean actual therapy and life altering points of view away from how she was raised.

My heart aches for those babies though. If we are to extend the belief from Jill's statement that "they were lied to," who know what they told those kids about why dad isn't living with us/going away for a while. Chalk it up to JB to sell it as missionary work 🤢

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Came here to post after just seeing the Vuolo's statement. Woah Nellie is all I can say! It is absolutely dripping with derision and distain. 

I hope this means that Jeremy is as supportive of Jinger as Derick is of Jill.

• Upvote 23
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Sabine said:

I guess J+J had some 'fun' while finding the best fitting bible phrases. 

I don’t think Jinger, as a victim of sexual abuse herself, found it particularly fun to write a public statement about her brother. Josh likely traumatized her more than once (the initial assault, the assault becoming public some years ago, and now him ruining the Duggar brand reputation once and for all with his CSA on trial all must have been scarring). 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I doubt Jinger wrote that statement. It doesn't sound like her. She probably read and decided she liked what it said. To be fair, she shouldn't have to write that statement if she doesn't want to.

The Vuolos have been trying to make it as influencers. Jeremy from the very start wanted to use the Duggar name to get famous and to both use the family's fame and establish himself and his family as different than the Duggars. He's been trying and failing to be a more "mainstream" version of the Duggars and appeal to fans.

He definitely is not going to let Josh and this horrific crime taint their image if he can help it. They need to send a message they are not like her family. 

In their book, they glossed over Josh's earlier crimes. They want to distance themselves and that's understandable, but I wonder what they would have said if the verdict had gone the other way.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Lori ramped it up. Not sure where she posted this. Got it off Reddit: D97F9D1C-5D3D-46CC-8CE6-E42C086F3F0F.thumb.jpeg.fee3309bbc6da6b091adb6d4442d4c1a.jpeg

There are some people in this world for whom I unmitigated hate. I just added Lori to the list. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

From her statement, it appears that on some levels, when the verdict came down, Jinger was freed.

I got goosebumps reading her statement. She’s the one with guts to say he was deceiving others by saying one thing but doing another. She calls out his hypocrisy using the description “so-called follower” (of Jesus) and continues to rightfully accuse him of privately delighting in sins he publicly denounced. Hot damn, Jinger.

It would seem she and Jill are the estranged two of the fam.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 41
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic