IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

Place to post reactions of other fundies to Josh sitting in jail as I type this as he awaits sentencing on 2 counts of CSAM.  

If this stays empty because none of them have anything to say that will say a lot.  

Thank you @Mlissmartin for suggesting this.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 31

There are a lot of people on Facebook who have posted about it - some who have escaped from IBLP, others who are Christian authors/bloggers trying to fight the patriarchal abuses, etc.  There’s too many to link here, but search for Thriving Forward, Running Free, To Love, Honor and Vacuum, Beautiful Kingdom Warriors and Sarah McDugal for starts.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

From Darby Stouffer (nee Sproul) who has also suffered at the hands of fundies. 

Spoiler

1575577695_ScreenShot2021-12-10at8_06_04am.thumb.png.9bd662a29170b95e9bcc543c7614749a.png

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 23

2 minutes ago, Aspenmouse said:

Looks like Sierra posted on IG too. 

Is it private?  If so can you paraphrase?  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Nevermind,  beat me to it!

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 1

Sierra's one of my favorites but, I kind of hate that she put her hashtags at the end of her response. Wait no I really hate it. 

Oh! I JUST remembered that she's connected closely to the Duggars. That makes Sierra's posting a lot more of a statement than if she were just a random person posting about victims.

• Upvote 20
  • Love 5

Could anyone link in Jim and Bobye's post please? I am not sure where it was from, but I know someone posted it earlier on the main Josh thread 😊 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Came on hear to say I’m mad that no Duggar adjacent people are posting even a peep. Nothing. I suppose it shouldn’t be surprising given that they probably knew various levels of things and/or are participants in a cult. 

I like Sierra’s statement. IIRC, hasn’t she publicly stated she is a survivor of trauma?

Saw Derricks sisterinlaws posts might be sideways statementing in her stories. Not sure though.

Spoiler

DE851E69-EBFD-4F13-9F80-D2CE8CA39D38.thumb.png.86e838acd489c83fde9863d4eaa16d1e.png4136E3F5-3D81-49DA-B234-283AD6691F6D.thumb.png.de97e7cafba4f486955c506fb31f2d74.png

Deanna also posting 

B6DC2BF0-784A-421C-9FCC-692CE5AF3EE2.png

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 23
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Could anyone link in Jim and Bobye's post please? I am not sure where it was from, but I know someone posted it earlier on the main Josh thread 😊 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXRTKm6pNXq/

1326232427_ScreenShot2021-12-09at1_57_23PM.thumb.png.cba98d07a6bc9786df8a78b62285c41c.png

Edited by TuringMachine
adding screen shot
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 35

38 minutes ago, FunFunFundie said:

Sierra's one of my favorites but, I kind of hate that she put her hashtags at the end of her response. Wait no I really hate it. 

Oh! I JUST remembered that she's connected closely to the Duggars. That makes Sierra's posting a lot more of a statement than if she were just a random person posting about victims.

IMO I'd be more impressed if it weren't so vague. I understand this is a difficult time and people are close to the family so I'm not saying I'd expect now to be the time to realize how fucked up what the Duggars did to their children all for Smuggar's sake. 

But I wish someone in these circles would come out and say CSAM is disgusting and wrong. Just an example but something included but not limited to, "There are children all over the world suffering from CSA to make this rubbish and we need to work on ending that and protecting children, not just in the US but especially abroad. All abusers, indirect and direct deserve the harshest punishments the law allows. It is a victory that today one more of those enablers and abusers (side note- I know he was not charged for the physically abuse nor was he found guilty of CSA just of watching and sending CSAM but I believe that those that view CSAM are equally responsible as those producing it because it would not be produced if they didn't consume it. End stop. As long as there is a demand there will always be a supply no matter how many producers and suppliers you stop more will pop up. End the demand. Hold consumers just as responsible.) That we need to focus on that, the victims of CSA at home and abroad as Christians. Prayer is not enough, we need to follow in Christ's example and do something. No victim of CSA is EVER to blame, EVER. Today we pray for those victims, past and present and thank God that justice was served. "

I understand they won't say that JB and M misused Christianity to abuse their children and that following Gothard's twisted doctrine and thinking the abuser is the victim and blaming the real victims made this situation worse. I'm not expecting that from their crowd no matter how true it is. A whole thesis could be written on everything they did wrong. But if they continue the vaguebooking BS they're playing both sides. A lot of these are written so IBLP, JB and M and Smuggar can see themselves as victims too and they are not. Not in this situation. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

And, IIRC she also suffered some kind of sexual abuse and her and Joy used to be very very close but that has changed if I'm not mistaken.
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

That’s a pretty measured response.

I am wondering if JB will reach out to Jill at any point or if we’re just going to follow the narrative of Josh is innocent and the liberals are out to get us to the very end.

• Upvote 9

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic