IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

Their statement is shit. The words they use do not mean what we think they mean. I might hyperventilate just thinking about the control over Anna and M kids cloaked in “love and support.” Also notice how, even though they released a short statement, they managed to make it about them, how hard it is for them, what they will do, and how much they love all of their children. They also do not admit Josh’s guilt. Saying they care about victims of CSAM does not equal admitting Josh victimized them. I think it is a scrupulous statement, vetted by PR, but is image.png.05461a39773fdbc07239a0dff234cd9a.png

Edited by neuroticcat
Random double post
  • Upvote 41
  • I Agree 7

26 minutes ago, MedicineWoman said:

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 6.29.18 PM.png

Okay, it's a fair statement, although I wish they had said something to indicate they believe in their son's guilt.

They're on the record saying they want to  support "Anna and their children". Let's try to hold them to that.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 6

1 minute ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Okay, it's a fair statement, although I wish they had said something to indicate they believe in their son's guilt.

They're on the record saying they want to  support "Anna and their children". Let's try to hold them to that.

Due to their inability to take any accountability and judging by JimBoob's behaviour in court, they will continue to fail their children as well as Anna and the grandkids. It's sad all around. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 18

22 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

JB the victims have names. Say their names. Michelle you gave birth to at least four of them so that should make it easy. (Well maybe not easy for you as you’ve forgotten them in the past)

Sadly, I don’t think they are talking about their daughters. I don’t think they see their daughters as victims and instead think that what Josh did to them has been blown way out of proportion. These people don’t care about anyone other than fetuses and only as a means of control. I don’t think they care about CSA survivors but to say they do fills in the appropriate statement boxes. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 35
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 9

4 minutes ago, Magenta said:

The best way they can "support" Anna and the kids is to send them a shitstack of money and then GTFO of their lives forever.  Disgusting creeps. 

Oh we know Boob will act as her headship and expect any money he gives to have strings attached. 

• Upvote 23
  • Disgust 1

4 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Sadly, I don’t think they are talking about their daughters. I don’t think they see their daughters as victims and instead think that what Josh did to them has been blown way out of proportion. These people don’t care about anyone other than fetuses and only as a means of control. I don’t think they care about CSA survivors but to say they do fills in the appropriate statement boxes. 

Yes. I posted in the other thread a link to an article about IBLP. They DO NOT have a concept of the daughters as victims. They believe incestual abuse is natural curiosity and common in families. Victims are responsible, according to their teachings, of both inviting the abuse and responsible to not be bitter afterward. They get to think of it as an avenue for spiritual power and opportunity to grow in character. I imagine they don’t consider what happened to their daughters CSA.

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 22
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MedicineWoman said:

So by IBLP rules, whose umbrella is Anna under now? JB or her dad? JB seems to have claimed it

She's still married, so still Josh, who may have asked his Dad to look after her and Anna to listen to his Dad.  But officially she's still under J'Pedo's umbrella.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 11

Their statement reads tired to me and not like they think he's innocent and wrongly convicted. They're wrong, but it feels like they believe they tried everything and couldn't help their son so now all they can do is just pray for him and try to move forward caring for his wife and children. I hope they do that at least. These poor kids, my god. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Fjrocks said:

Wow, this section was brave and significant IMO

Moreover, “[h]e who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the Lord.” (Proverbs 17:15).   We have been lied to so much that we wanted to hear the evidence for ourselves in court. 

I thought this bible quote was very meaningful and a perfect quote to use given what Jill has had to endure.  I hope Joy feels no pressure to release any kind of statement.  She had a number of things come out in a very public way that she may need time to process.  I'm sure Jill and Derrick will be there for Joy and Austin and provide support.  

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

If that's a PR written statement for Jim Bob and Michelle then they must have bought used and saved the difference.   That statement is horrible IMO on so many levels.

"...and loving him, as we do all our children..."

Who wrote this ironic bullshit?

Completely agree.  Glad to see you back, btw.  Always liked your posts and made me smile to see Pebbles again.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

They don't deserve to be called parents. 

I vote for “sperm donor” and “incubator.”

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I’m waffling in where to put this (because pastorfromok is NOT fundie, I’m found him on deconstructing Exvangelical tiktok 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 4

47 minutes ago, karenb4729 said:

I thought this bible quote was very meaningful and a perfect quote to use given what Jill has had to endure.  I hope Joy feels no pressure to release any kind of statement.  She had a number of things come out in a very public way that she may need time to process.  I'm sure Jill and Derrick will be there for Joy and Austin and provide support.  

I agree along with the other person who mentioned this. None of his victims owe us a statement. I just wanted a thread because I was curious what family would comment because we knew some would. 

• Upvote 9
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Kayleigh Holt Tull posted a tearful reaction on her IG (I think ..I just heard audio).

I was about to post the same thing. She's a private individual so I was hesitant, but her IG and the story are public. She seems very thoughtful about how she's handling, and grieving, the situation. I'm sure she's had her own teenaged demons to relive through these past weeks. 

• Upvote 25
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MomJeans said:

I understand why people want statements from Josh's siblings, I do.

To me, I don't expect the siblings to say anything, unless they want to.

Often with incest-based abuse, even the siblings who were not targeted by the abuser have complicated feelings, which can include shame and guilt. Also, this past week may be the first time some of them finally understood that they were lied to by their own parents.  I just hope that the siblings are at least privately supporting one another.

I feel entirely different about Jim Bob and Michelle.  They owe a public statement. 

I agree with this completely. The Duggar kids were forced into the public eye without a say in the matter. The ways in which some of them have “profited” from this has been overshadowed by the abuse they have endured under JB’s control of how they may profit. They owe the public nothing. They owe themselves everything and should feel entitled to use this time to heal themselves, their marriages and their families. 

JB and Michelle on the other hand owe the world a statement and an admission of guilt. But more than that they owe it to their children. 

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

JB the victims have names. Say their names. Michelle you gave birth to at least four of them so that should make it easy. (Well maybe not easy for you as you’ve forgotten them in the past)

I’ll give you a hint: some of the names start with J. 

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don’t find it to be a fair statement especially in light of their original statement when Josh was arrested. 

”It is our prayer that the truth, no matter what it is, will come to light”. 

The truth came to light, assholes. 

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic