IGNORED

Fundy Reaction Responses to Smuggar's Guilty Verdict

HerNameIsBuffy

Yes I 

25 minutes ago, Cam said:

It’s sickening how JB and Michele have treated Jill like she was the pariah and then turn around and poured massive amounts of money into Josh’s legal team. What happens when he’s put of prison? Does he get a free pass to visit the parental units whenever he wants ‘cuz he did his time?

Yes. Let’s not forget that Jill isnt ‘allowed’ to her childhood home because she insisted upon getting the money due her for her years of performance on television… not CSAM and the abuse of his sisters like Josh, she wanted HER money… that’s what Jim Bob and Michelle are about.

Edited by EyesOpen
  • Upvote 33

It seems like some of the second-generation families (I mean, at least Josh and Anna) are heading down the same quiverfull path. (I don't know much about most of the siblings, but many had babies and were married very young?) What will say to me more than any words will be if the next generation limits their family sizes. In my own experience, none of my eight siblings or I have more than 3 kids, some are child-free on purpose. It may not be as satisfying to see that as a scathing public indictment of JB and Michelle's parenting, but in my family, long before anybody was able to put words to the trauma, the first step was to stop perpetuating the idea that there is something joyful and magical about having more kids than you can reasonably care for.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Austin looked more pissed off than usual. I have a feeling that even Derek wouldn't mind taking Smuggar out back and "talking" to him. I feel especially for Joy and Austin. She was so young and now has found out the truth vs. the bullshit her parents spewed. I hope she is allowed to seek psychological help outside the cult. 

I’m usually opposed to violence, but if our legal system allowed Austin and  Derek (and any Duggar siblings who wished to participate) a few minutes behind the woodshed with Josh, as part of Josh’s sentence, I would not object.  😉

(I don’t mention Ben, but he can participate too if he feels the need.  The only one who should NOT participate is JimBob.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he already got a few blows in, when the story first broke.)

Edited by EmCatlyn
Forgot the “not” and had to add it.
  • Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

In Anna & Josh's case, I don't think his parental rights will automatically terminate*. I think Anna would have to create a compelling motion as to why his rights must be terminated. By virtue of him being in prison she automatically will have 100% physical custody. Legal custody, I don't know. I am not an attorney so not sure if a prisoner can still help decide things legally for their children. 

*not an attorney just a child support analyst that sees a lot of cases. 

Also not an attorney, but I do know that some states allow parental rights to be terminated solely because of incarceration, minus any other risk factors. My state has new legislation that aims to help incarcerated parents, otherwise competent, to have more voice in choosing caregivers while they are gone and in participating in parenting decisions. I doubt states are in a hurry to terminate, however, if there is another legal parent available. It's more when deciding to move children into foster or adoptive homes.

• Upvote 6

Can you imagine JB and Michelle now gathering the family around now and attempting to plan Christmas??? The poor unmarried siblings have no other option. 
Maybe the howlers might go to their other mummas Ma Spivey… 😂😂

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Can you imagine JB and Michelle now gathering the family around now and attempting to plan Christmas??? The poor unmarried siblings have no other option. 
Maybe the howlers might go to their other mummas Ma Spivey… 😂😂

I definitely think they will try. And I bet they will still have plenty of people around.  JB, Michelle, the 6 underage kids, Anna, the 7 M Kids, Jana, Jason, James, Jer, Hannah, Jessa, Ben, their 4 kids, Jed, Katey, and probably a few others. That’s still plenty of people for Christmas. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

Yes I 

Yes. Let’s not forget that Jill isnt ‘allowed’ to her childhood home because she insisted upon getting the money due her for her years of performance on television… not CSAM and the abuse of his sisters like Josh, she wanted HER money… that’s what Jim Bob and Michelle are about.

I believe Jill hasn't been allowed in her childhood home because her parents don't want someone who is now too healthy on the subject of abuse to lapse into denial if she suspects anything.  Or even pre-emptively talking to the kids about abuse, never their fault, etc.  Don't want them knowing someone will believe them if something happens.  

I am not saying anything else has happened, I'm saying JB and M would have no idea if it was or not and would choose blindness if there were. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

I don’t think the Dillards want to spend time at the TTH. It’s much easier to place limits and boundaries on your own turf.

I think seeing how quickly they were turned away for asking to be treated with respect, yet how JB has fully supported Josh and his family through all of JJD’s antics should tell the Dillards all they need to know about JB’s character.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely think they will try. And I bet they will still have plenty of people around.  JB, Michelle, the 6 underage kids, Anna, the 7 M Kids, Jana, Jason, James, Jer, Hannah, Jessa, Ben, their 4 kids, Jed, Katey, and probably a few others. That’s still plenty of people for Christmas. 

I bet Justin, Claire and Mrs Spivey will be there with bells on. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, adidas said:

I bet Justin, Claire and Mrs Spivey will be there with bells on. 

I bet they will be in Texas on christmas. But if the Duggars have a Christmas get together before or after Christmas, the Spiveys will be there.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they will be in Texas on christmas. But if the Duggars have a Christmas get together before or after Christmas, the Spiveys will be there.

Or the whole Spivey family with kids will decamp to the TTH.  They may have done it during the trial considering that both Spivey parents were there one day.

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think the Dillards want to spend time at the TTH. It’s much easier to place limits and boundaries on your own turf.

I think seeing how quickly they were turned away for asking to be treated with respect, yet how JB has fully supported Josh and his family through all of JJD’s antics should tell the Dillards all they need to know about JB’s character.

I saw an interview with Jill that said that they were still invited to the big family events but that they didn’t always go because they would be uncomfortable.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I saw an interview with Jill that said that they were still invited to the big family events but that they didn’t always go because they would be uncomfortable.

I’m wondering if everyone will be more comfortable with someone gone and in prison. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering if everyone will be more comfortable with someone gone and in prison. 

Anyone with a child, for sure.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s just a hunch, but I got the feeling from everyone’s demeanor at the trial, that even before the arrest Josh was the family drunk uncle/strung-out cousin/openly inappropriate grandpa/overbearingly demanding auntie — the person everyone tries to be civil to, but also stay the f* away from. 

• Upvote 9

I suspect that JB desperately wants to keep the family from fracturing any further (for his own sake, and maybe Michelle's) and will make an effort to tempt them.  Perhaps a paid vacation to a nice island somewhere?

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect that JB desperately wants to keep the family from fracturing any further (for his own sake, and maybe Michelle's) and will make an effort to tempt them.  Perhaps a paid vacation to a nice island somewhere?

But that would involve spending money and he's just spend a hefty chunk on the rusted golden boy, and a tiny fraction of that (but still some decent change) on Jana.  JBs money is for him, his political campaigns and paying lawyers to defend his adult children against charges related to child neglect/abuse.  It is not for mutual benefit of children unless related to legal things.

• Upvote 13

15 minutes ago, imokit said:

But that would involve spending money and he's just spend a hefty chunk on the rusted golden boy, and a tiny fraction of that (but still some decent change) on Jana.  JBs money is for him, his political campaigns and paying lawyers to defend his adult children against charges related to child neglect/abuse.  It is not for mutual benefit of children unless related to legal things.

If the kids scatter then more dirt may come out, they could gang up on him, and might not want to turn up in a decade or two if he manages to float a 150 Grandkids and Counting special on some desperate TV channel.  I think he'd see the expenditure as more of an investment/power play than a gift.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think for some of them they may still be processing what they heard at the trial and may not want to be around JB/M at this time.  Austin and Joy would be ones that I think fall into this category, and as mad as Austin looked at the trial he may not feel like being around them this year.  They could also go to support Anna.  Jill and Derrick I don't see as attending and instead they will spend time with Derrick's family.  Jessa for sure will be there but Jinger is up in the air, it depends on how much feedback she got from JB on her statement.  

• Upvote 8

A lot of the Duggars married into much less scandalous and dramatic families. I imagine it’s nice to just hang out with the Swansons, Nakatsus, or Dillards on Christmas instead of the Duggars. 

• Upvote 15

I suspect Jeremy hates the chaos of the TTH.  LA is trendy and comfortable.  Why would he want to spend Christmas squashed together with people he looks down as being intellectually inferior, less space (they'd have to stay with someone) and all the complex family politics which are going on between the Duggar kids and parents.

I don't think Jinger will be spending lots of time back in Arkansas (and I worry about how much of a say she has in that decision).

• Upvote 21

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s just a hunch, but I got the feeling from everyone’s demeanor at the trial, that even before the arrest Josh was the family drunk uncle/strung-out cousin/openly inappropriate grandpa/overbearingly demanding auntie — the person everyone tries to be civil to, but also stay the f* away from. 

100% agree. Because whenever I see a picture that includes josh, I typically notice the only girl who will stand beside him is jana or he’s around boys. Most of the time. 

• Upvote 6

I hope this fits into Fundie Reactions. After reading Jill's statement, but more importantly, Joy's, I can't help but wonder even more what Josh said when he hugged them in court. I get the idea that sometimes you put up with something like a hug or handshake because it is easier to do so than to make a giant scene, but what did he say to them? I can't imagine anything appropriate.  Even an apology would seem wrong somehow. The only possible acceptable thing may be something along the lines of "Please keep Anna and the Ms in your life after I am sent to prison." 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A lot of the Duggars married into much less scandalous and dramatic families. I imagine it’s nice to just hang out with the Swansons, Nakatsus, or Dillards on Christmas instead of the Duggars. 

Down the road I imagine who attends the big, loud, chaos that Christmas at the Grandparents tends to be even in more normal sized extended families - will depend as much on who can tolerate / enjoys that kind of thing as the personal relationship strains. I personally love that kind of thing, but know lots of people hate it. 

This year will likely be awkward regardless, and some of them might like the out of “well we COULD go to my folks, but how about we take a break given…..everything” or they could go the other direction with “well, it’s a good time to see everyone and the kids to all play, without having to focus on anything serious, we will barely need to interact with my folks” 

I bet the Seewalds will be the family to suck it up and show up at the TTH both for her parents and for Anna and the kids (if Anna and kids celebrate in AR). And they did spend TGD with the Seewalds

Jd and Abbie were there for Thanksgiving, so I bet they go to OK for Christmas

Dillards- No

Jinger- No

Joe- Nope, they like the Caldwells better 

Josiah- Are they still alive and well?

Joy- They did spend TGD with the Forsyths, so maybe

Jed- Maybe

Justin- No, they were at the TTH for TGD

Jana, Jer, Jason, James, Jackson, Hannie, Jenny, JGM, Josie, Tyler…still a metric ton of people.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic