IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 46: Counting On - 16 Weeks Until Sentencing

HerNameIsBuffy

16 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

If you want to increase the mist, on the reddit thread there are people who are donating in the name of other redditors who aren't in a financial place to donate.

fuck, people can be beautiful.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 17

Just my two cents, but if you're looking to donate to a children's fund at this point it may be best to look at organizations that are local to you. Last year I ended up volunteering with a group near me that had put out a call for donated goods -- when I pulled up with my carload of stuff, I was told they had received so much already that their staff was completely overwhelmed and they were running out of floor space. I felt so bad for adding to the pile that I signed up to spent a few Saturdays helping to sort. Not saying that has/will happen to the AR fund, but small nonprofits can struggle to keep up with really sudden outpourings of generosity like this.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 12

31 minutes ago, Galbin said:

I just find it insane that these white vs white killings were turned into a race issue. I feel it does a tremendous disservice to people like George Flyod and Eric Garner who were killed due to overzealous and narcassistic cops. 

I don’t think you’re American, so I in no way expect you to have a deep understanding of racial issues in the US. However, the fact you seem to think KR’s trial didn’t have anything to do with a “race issue” is laughable. You sound extremely naive and shows you don’t understand that trial quite as much as you seem to think you do. 

Also, I’m coming out of lurkdom to celebrate this little shit weasel finally seeing some consequences for his actions. I went to bed last night feeling like it was November 2016 and woke up this morning to find out it’s actually November 2020!! 

• Upvote 26
  • Fuck You 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

This is so petty and hypocritical since I post with typos all the time, but I do wish dillards could have gotten a grammar check before posting. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I’m trying to imagine what is going through Jim Bob and Michelle’s heads tonight. JB I’m sure is furious and also terrified. Josh won’t stay quiet about the Duggar family secrets for too long. He will blab everything to people who will spread it about. The Duggar brand is ruined. I bet families like the Bates are also on edge. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Galbin said:

And here is his booking video to cheer you right up.

Hide contents

Newsnation saYs he's wearing a white jump suit...but he isn't.  Who/What is NewsNation?

• Upvote 2

That reveal that they’ve been lied to makes me think Josh was lying up to the last minute. Whatever story he spun, some of them likely believed. Hopefully they will be able to engage public court records however much they want in order to decide for themselves. 

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, OldFadedStar said:

Apparently he had tennis shoes on for the first booking and this booking is obviously dress shoes. At least in another video I saw of it

And the voiceover says he's wearing a white jumpsuit...And he isn't.  Whoever posted this needs to apologize.

• Confused 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Since this was last posted several hours ago, as a reminder, here's a link to the official CourtListener website that has made available a bunch of the legal documents relating to the case, likely with more to come: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59871253/united-states-v-duggar/?filed_after=&filed_before=&entry_gte=&entry_lte=&order_by=desc

Thanks to @Antimony for the reminder below. Please be aware that some of the materials available on the website are potentially disturbing, especially the Prosecutor's Evidence List.

Edited by metheglyn
Added warning
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

57 minutes ago, Galbin said:

We will agree to disagree. He worked in that city and his father lived there. Furthermore, he went there to protect a garage owner's property as he had lost so many cars the night before. I have watched that video and it absolutely looks like he was being attacked - especially with the skateboard shot to the head. 

I do however agree that a teenager should not have access to weapons.

I just find it insane that these white vs white killings were turned into a race issue. I feel it does a tremendous disservice to people like George Flyod and Eric Garner who were killed due to overzealous and narcassistic cops. 

Please take this to a new topic.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Since this was last posted several hours ago, as a reminder, here's a link to the official CourtListener website that has made available a bunch of the legal documents relating to the case, likely with more to come: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59871253/united-states-v-duggar/?filed_after=&filed_before=&entry_gte=&entry_lte=&order_by=desc

Big ol' trigger warning for the Prosecutor's Evidence List. It is just the list, but that includes file names, etc. 

One thing that stood out to me is that "Emails about Intel1988" was a piece of evidence the Prosecution introduced and I can't understand that. Josh emailing Anna about passwords? Password recovery emails? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Regarding the Smuggar defense’s vow to appeal: I’m reminded of something my lawyer once said when I was young and stupider: “You can sue anybody for any reason at all, but that doesn’t mean you’ll win.”

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

This is so petty and hypocritical since I post with typos all the time, but I do wish dillards could have gotten a grammar check before posting. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I kind of like that they didn't. It suggests that they didn't get a PR person to write this, they wrote it themselves.

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I’m not sure they Dillards signed their name. I looked on the site and there was no Dillards at the bottom. Don’t feel petty, I thought the exact same thing.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I am on the other side of the world I did not google the duggars as soon as I woke up, I came here I was reading (catching up with the old thread)I was still about 8 hours behind in the posts when it was locked off. So I headed over to the new thread and there was no summary to clarify what had happened in the last thread so I sought to confirm my hopes and the title of thread. I don't get the attack, over something so trivial. anyway its a jouyous day he who shall not be named has gone and even muggles should be rejoicing. Bless your heart and have a wonderful day. 

I'm with all you Aussies except about 23 hours behind. When you posted at 7:45 Friday morning it was 8:45 Thursday morning here in Hawai'i!!! Time zones are crazy. I've lived in Perth and London as well as NYC, Colorado and Hawai'i, time zones for days! Welcome to the "Thank Rufus that justice was FINALLY received he is GUILTY and remanded to jail to await sentencing" party!!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I’m trying to imagine what is going through Jim Bob and Michelle’s heads tonight. JB I’m sure is furious and also terrified. Josh won’t stay quiet about the Duggar family secrets for too long. He will blab everything to people who will spread it about. The Duggar brand is ruined. I bet families like the Bates are also on edge. 

Josh is also one of the oldest, so he was aware of most everything and probably remembers a LOT. I think JBlob is more stressed out about the brand and Josh blabbing than he is about Josh being locked up for years.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Lovebug said:

Just saw this on Reddit.

A2421257-920B-481D-923F-1C408A6C1B59.jpeg

Actually, it’s better than I ever thought they’d post. I hope they do surround Anna and those kids with love and support, and not just today, but for years to come.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic