IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 46: Counting On - 16 Weeks Until Sentencing

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, Antimony said:

Probably falls under the kind of public information you can FOIA, or similiar. It's uncommon but like...most people just don't care enough to request booking videos of any random booking. 

Thanks. I didn't know this was a thing.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

Damn, I figured that was probably the case, but it still sucks.  I do hope this is enough to prompt a CPS visit though.  Goodness knows what other abuses are happening in that home. 

For example - what is up with the claim that they flew an M child to a friend in Texas rather than take them to the hospital?  

That's gonna need it's own thread. I mean you can talk about it here, just saying this is a mystery people are going to be trying to solve even after the dust settles here.

I am sus of anyone vague posting, but as long as he does people are going to wonder.  Idk anything about this except the twitter posts of the last few days, but just a warning that trolls and emotional vampires seem drawn to fundy drama so be careful.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, Aspenmouse said:

Looks like Sierra posted something about victims on IG. 

Its actually beautiful, if I have the right one

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Just now, Clementine said:

Thanks. I didn't know this was a thing.

An astounding amount of information is public (which is good!) but you just have to be willing to go and file the proper paperwork to see it, and know what you're looking for. I had a friend who was a correspondent for a local-NPR branch and he spent most of his time filing FOIAs, if his complaint about paperwork is to be believed. (He, incidentally, worked on In the Dark, the podcast about the Wetterling Abduction and Murder). 

This is also why there's so much "Florida Man" content online. Florida plays fast and loose with their document availability compared to other states, so it's easier to churn out news about the latest Florida Man. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I find this disingenuous considering it's literally the title of the last thread and there are pages and pages of people celebrating. It's also the first thing that comes up when you google Duggar.

As a fellow Australian, I also woke up just then and clicked on the first Josh-related thread to see if he was guilty. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, Galbin said:

And here is his booking video to cheer you right up.

Reveal hidden contents

Are we sure this isn’t the old video of when he was first arrested? I remember watching that one and this one seems similar. Oh well, it’s nice to see either way. I am sure nothing much happened differently.

This whole week my cell battery has run down multiple times at day at work because of my checking FJ and they have the nerve to announce the verdict when I am driving to work. I feel like I missed the anticipation of finding out live with everyone.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, socalrules said:

Are we sure this isn’t the old video of when he was first arrested? I remember watching that one and this one seems similar. Oh well, it’s nice to see either way. I am sure nothing much happened differently.

This whole week my cell battery has run down multiple times at day at work because of my checking FJ and they have the nerve to announce the verdict when I am driving to work. I feel like I missed the anticipation of finding out live with everyone.

If it makes you feel any better I was in a meeting about data migration and synchronizing invoice codes across multiple companies.  As thrilling as that was, I missed it too. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Apparently he had tennis shoes on for the first booking and this booking is obviously dress shoes. At least in another video I saw of it

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, adidas said:

As for the Scum’s sentence - I’m hoping for 19 years. And counting. 

How can the judge miss this opportunity for a pun? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, OldFadedStar said:

Apparently he had tennis shoes on for the first booking and this booking is obviously dress shoes. At least in another video I saw of it

The one I saw (posted above), Josh is wearing black athletic shoes. The announcers words clearly indicate that this is old, and not his current processing photo.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

@Galbin I want you to know before I say anything else - I am not jumping on you with this comment. But I was a little disturbed about the Kyle Rittenhouse comment in the last thread and I did not get a chance to comment before it closed. I understand why you would change your mind about Rittenhouse based on the trial but that trial was a travesty. The judge was clearly biased for the defense and made a lot of bad rulings. In fact, if the prosecution had the right to appeal the way it does in other countries, I think his rulings would have been squashed. Dropping the gun charge was a flagrant slap to the actual law - it was illegal for Rittenhouse to have that gun at his age in that state. There were a lot of rulings that were stunningly pro defense and tilted the trial. What really stunned me is that he excluded a video blow up of the incident that seemed to demonstrate that Rittenhouse WAS the aggressor because the judge thought it was "altered". This seems to be a pattern with this judge. He is well-known as a defendant's judge. He does not allow the prosecution to use the word "victim" for the murdered! Frankly, I think Rittenhouse's mother should be on trial for driving her son across state lines and buying him weapons. The problem with the Rittenhouse case was some weirdness in the Wisconsin law and a flagrantly pro-defense judge (and like I said, the guy has that reputation and has for a long time). Rittenhouse did murder those people and he was not in any danger other than the danger he and his mother put him in themselves by being somewhere they should not have been.

Agreed. That judge inserted Himself into the verdict unnecessarily. As soon as he disallowed the gun charges, that case was sunk.

• Upvote 22
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I don’t expect any sort of humility or contrition from JB- he’s probably still whining about the router and he will redouble his election campaign. His belief in himself is astounding.

Michelle will dab her eyes and follow him.

I just hope that JB & Michelle don't do the same as Craptain Bret & his wife Jackie Smith, and keep defending their golden boy. It's probably too much to hope for actual contrition from the Duggar parents, let alone open and full apologies to those who were irrevocably harmed by Josh. 

We'll see.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3

Wow, just watching Daily Blast Live on TV and they are covering the story and really blasting JB and Michelle for doing nothing during the molestations.  I don't know if you can view the video somewhere but it was a great segment

Found the video on Daily Blast Live webpage, its on the main page- their show from today.

https://www.dailyblastlive.com/

Edited by karenb4729
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

25 minutes ago, Antimony said:

(He, incidentally, worked on In the Dark, the podcast about the Wetterling Abduction and Murder). 

This is an excellent podcast. Season 2, about the Curtis Flowers case, is even better. If you haven't heard it, it's well worth a listen. It's an outrageous case of injustice... the D.A. couldn't get a conviction so he retried him six times while Curtis was kept in prison for decades. If this podcast hadn't gone viral, Curtis would probably still be in prison today.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I just hope that JB & Michelle don't do the same as Craptain Bret & his wife Jackie Smith, and keep defending their golden boy. It's probably too much to hope for actual contrition from the Duggar parents, let alone open and full apologies to those who were irrevocably harmed by Josh. 

We'll see.

There is no way they can be worse than Bret Alan Smith II and his mommy and daddy. Cap'n Bret supported and defended an actual child rapist and threw his many grandchildren and other daughters away in order to protect Alan. The Smiths are much worse than the Duggars believe it or not.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 7

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The one I saw (posted above), Josh is wearing black athletic shoes. The announcers words clearly indicate that this is old, and not his current processing photo.

It's today's booking. The old one is on Youtube & they are clearly different. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not only guilty but cuffed and taken into custody immediately!  It's a good day!

So he's now in jail? He can't be bailed out?

• Upvote 4

In the last thread, @JermajestyDuggar kindly answered my question about whether the Holts were ever on the Duggar show and they replied that the Holts were on an early special of 14KaC:

I believe they were at a skating rink with the Duggars.

I can count on the fingers on my two hands all the Duggar episodes I have watched, and it was just in the early years, but this is the exact episode that came to my mind when I first read about the Holts! I remember Jim Boob describing them as good friends with a family of 10 kids, I think,

Edited by Baba O'Riley
  • Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic