IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 46: Counting On - 16 Weeks Until Sentencing

HerNameIsBuffy

28 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Among other things, the video analysed showed Josh's proposal to Anna. The proposal was amazingly cringe inducting, from her moving backwards when Josh appeared, to her clear panic when her parents left, and Josh ordering her out of the booth. My question is, were these things noticed when originally broadcast, or was it interpreted at the time as just ordinary surprise at a proposal. In retrospect, knowing what we know now, her cringing away from him is horrifying. 

To the bolded: one almost has to wonder whether Anna, in spite of her limited upbringing / life experience, might have been tapping into some sort of vague "sixth sense" about Josh at that point.  Likely not, but seeing the proposal now in light of Josh's various misdeeds, her reaction does seems horrifying as opposed to just awkwardly surprised. 

One thing that I do think was possible:  Josh was pushy, arrogant, disrespectful and certainly not a humble suitor asking for her hand, it came across almost as a demand.   And I can see Anna being uncomfortable with what she was seeing in front of her and that was giving her a feeling of foreboding.

I wanted to scream at the video:  SAY NO!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic