IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

Looking at Katie's stories... Travis's dad scares the hell out of me. He always looks like he's one step away from a choleric outbreak. Maybe he just has the male equivalent of resting bitch face, but I would never feel comfortable in his presence.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Looking at Katie's stories... Travis's dad scares the hell out of me. He always looks like he's one step away from a choleric outbreak. Maybe he just has the male equivalent of resting bitch face, but I would never feel comfortable in his presence.

As we know, a controlling patriarchal community is quite enticing to a men with a constant need for control. I just can’t give men like Travis’s dad the benefit of the doubt. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

She is, but they mostly hang out by the pool and she gets them to babysit (her sisters) or do house renovations (her brothers) while Katie takes them to mini golf and bowling and plays board games and all kinds of other things. For people who never smile, the Clark’s do all kinds of fun things. 

Wait, you mean the couple takes the kids, right? i thought Katie wasn’t comfortable driving…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Wait, you mean the couple takes the kids, right? i thought Katie wasn’t comfortable driving…

Katie will drive if she is not alone. I am pretty sure she was driving Addallee and Ellie. But Kelly came with  both Callie (Michaela too) and now Jeb. And Josie can drive (plus she came on a weekend when Travis was home) Also, Travis's parents go on most of their outings  his mom and  SIL Devon were around a lot for the previous visits when Travis was at school.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

But Alyssa is in sunny FL, has a pool and plies them with plenty of junk food. As a kid, I could see her place being a nice change of scenery from their home.

The pool is not heated its cold and chilly most of the times  Alyssa herself has mentioned in her stories. It is not usable until atleast April ..even in Allie's birthday  party they could not use the pool as it was freezing that day, she mentions in her youtube. Orlando is not hot 365 days ...

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As we know, a controlling patriarchal community is quite enticing to a men with a constant need for control. I just can’t give men like Travis’s dad the benefit of the doubt. 

Also, if we were giving him the benefit of the doubt, we stopped when we saw that awful video. (Does someone who remembers it better want to share details and/or a link? Thanks.)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Katie took Jeb to the Lego store and let him pick our sone stuff. For the moment she also has that advantage over Alyssa, that she has no kids so she can afford to spoil her younger siblings.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 4/26/2022 at 3:14 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Katie will drive if she is not alone. I am pretty sure she was driving Addallee and Ellie. But Kelly came with  both Callie (Michaela too) and now Jeb. And Josie can drive (plus she came on a weekend when Travis was home) Also, Travis's parents go on most of their outings  his mom and  SIL Devon were around a lot for the previous visits when Travis was at school.

So it’s not an actual driving problem, but more a fear of being alone,  lack of navigating skills or lack of confidence in those skills? 

It really sounds like Katie was not truly ready to enter the adult world of marriage or moving away from her family. It’s very sad that she couldn’t make the decision to stay at home and work.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12

Travis graduated from Grampy's college on Thursday. His "degree" is in music and media. My guess is he will teach music either at the college, or possibly start out at the family's K-12 school to gain some experience. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Travis graduated from Grampy's college on Thursday. His "degree" is in music and media. My guess is he will teach music either at the college, or possibly start out at the family's K-12 school to gain some experience. 

Of course his job will be within the family. I would have been shocked if he had found a job outside the family. They hold all the power over Katie and Travis. It’s sad as hell that they won’t get out anytime soon. 

• Upvote 10

I believe he already works for the church's communications department and will likely be moving into that role full time.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I believe he already works for the church's communications department and will likely be moving into that role full time.

Oh, I didn't know he already had a job. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Oh, I didn't know he already had a job. 

He'll probably just get a high up job in the college, just because he's family and doesn't have to work for it. Could he be the Dean or the new music teacher?

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

Maybe in real life there is chemistry between these two, if so, it doesn't seem to translate to her Instagram. I don't see it at all.  I wish she was allowed to pursue an interest, she might actually have something interesting to post then. As it is now, her posts are boring as %^ck, with the exception of the posts where she's shilling crap to make money, I don't know why she bothers with the others, she really has nothing of interest to post. I have noticed she's posted several of her wedding videos lately, I suppose those are more interesting than her everyday, married life.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Another hiatus in Katie's instagram posts- 5 days at the moment

It always concerns me when she doesn't post for a while- she usually posts stories or promotes products pretty frequently.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

I feel that something is going on with these two, I don't know why but katie always seem sad and miserable,

I don't think that they are a good match tbh 

Spoiler

262054534_Screenshot2022-05-06at12_03_17am.thumb.png.12e6f714e0a8343742dafd7bbc0e9ca3.png

• Upvote 6

She probably reads here.  Y’all post how boring she is lol.  So it probably made her feel bad.  I’m sure those girls type their names in google.  This place pops up. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Lista said:

She probably reads here.  Y’all post how boring she is lol.  So it probably made her feel bad.  I’m sure those girls type their names in google.  This place pops up. 

If she does, I hope it will help her realize how f*cked up her family of origin, her acquired family, and her whole upbringing has been.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

If she does, I hope it will help her realize how f*cked up her family of origin, her acquired family, and her whole upbringing has been.

Same. I doubt she reads here. But I would be glad if she did. She might see another perspective on her fucked up family and the fucked up clark family. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Lista said:

All these big fundie families have almost certainly known about us for a long, long time. We’ve had enough fundies drop by to know that FJ has been discussed in the various fundie circles since before we got raptured from Yuku. I doubt this has anything to do with us. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

All these big fundie families have almost certainly known about us for a long, long time. We’ve had enough fundies drop by to know that FJ has been discussed in the various fundie circles since before we got raptured from Yuku. I doubt this has anything to do with us. 

Katie posted screenshots of DMs received from people worried about her SM absence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Looks like Katie is wearing white to the wedding. Unless that’s a bridesmaids dress it’s tacky af

2CD2D29A-8B62-4779-94D8-710349A40F0A.png

• Upvote 4

I think it’s blush! Compared to his white top it looks slightly different.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Looks like Katie is wearing white to the wedding. Unless that’s a bridesmaids dress it’s tacky af

2CD2D29A-8B62-4779-94D8-710349A40F0A.png

She clarified in her stories that her dress is pink. 

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic