IGNORED

Katie & Travis 3: Married and Expecting to be Expecting Soon….

nelliebelle1197

On 4/5/2022 at 11:31 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

They seem really far apart on the subject and it doesn't surprise me that Katie wants to be pregnant immediately. She's 19. She could have thought she would be fine waiting, but we all saw this coming, no doubt her family all saw this coming, no doubt she's getting pressure from her family

She's actually 21 (although she does act like a teenager...)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Katies issues with driving is the only thing about her I can understand. I am a medium-good driver, I have problems with parallel parking but I can drive good enough in small or medium  citys. Our town has many narrow streets, so that's where I can drive best and scare my mum the most when she sits in our car. In conclusion: I learned how to drive in a medium city and moved to the small city with narrow and medieval streets.

On a regular basis  I drive to the nearest large city (with trams and everything that comes with lange citys) and I was a nervous wreck at the beginning. I was honked at every time, very often I took the wrong turns and got honked at, it was horrible. I remember the first time I got NOT honked at I texted my friend because I was so fucking proud of myself.  I now have a semi-agrressive kind of driving when I drive in this city, which really works well, and I am not to shy to honk at the other drivers. Or yell. Or curse. Which nobody can hear except Mr. S. but it helps me to get through the traffic.  I stop this behaviour as soon as I got out of that town. 

• Upvote 5

Josie helped Katie paint a wall sage green in her bedroom. Finally a little color. It looks much better. 

• Upvote 11

I have this feeling Katie isn’t used to making decorating choices. Hell I doubt she’s used to making many choices. I bet she’s overwhelmed with all the choices when it comes to decorating and that’s why she needs Josie. 

• Upvote 12

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Josie helped Katie paint a wall sage green in her bedroom. Finally a little color. It looks much better. 

Frankly I was shocked that Josie picked a color that wasn’t white, beige, or rust. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Katie would be wise to practice driving in NJ now, before pregnancy and kids. I grew up driving in a quiet suburb and got married at age 21. Twelve years later and I’ve now driven in SF, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Philadelphia, DC, Boston, and all the major cities in TX. I drive my son to and from therapy 5x/week on Texas freeways near a busy airport so there’s always traffic.

It’s one thing to be stuck at home as a newlywed. It’s another when you have small children. I loved taking my son places when he was small. We drove all over the SF Bay Area to visit museums and parks. Sometimes we took BART but the freedom to jump into the car and drive 45 min to the coast to escape 100 degree heat was so very necessary for my mental health. 

• Upvote 18

On 4/13/2022 at 2:18 AM, Tdoc72 said:

Frankly I was shocked that Josie picked a color that wasn’t white, beige, or rust. 

Sage is the new rust!

• Haha 15

Katie caught him squeezing a spot and he wasn't very happy about her videoing him.

But what concerns me more is the hairdryer in the bathroom washhand basin. Do neither of them have any sense?

20220424_163200.jpg

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Katie caught him squeezing a spot and he wasn't very happy about her videoing him.

But what concerns me more is the hairdryer in the bathroom washhand basin. Do neither of them have any sense?

20220424_163200.jpg

A hairdryer in a dry sink is hardly of note. Especially since there are two sinks side by side. IME, hairdryers love to migrate off the counter.  If I need to set it down while getting ready, putting it into an unused sink solves that problem.  

• Upvote 7

Why is she filming him doing that (and posting it no less)? I’d be upset too if I were him. And does she really think her fans want to see that?

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Why is she filming him doing that (and posting it no less)? I’d be upset too if I were him. And does she really think her fans want to see that?

Because they are both still children. 

• Upvote 18

8 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

She made it into an ad giving her discount code for whatever product he was using. I think Travis is well aware that doing personal stuff on Instagram is part of their income stream.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Kelly is going to visit Katie AGAIN for Travis's graduation this week. I congratulate him, but he kind of has a pointless degree and now one his age and that is in college can live the life he has. I'm six months younger than him, in college and can't afford shit. I wish my daddy bought paid my bills.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Kelly is going to visit Katie AGAIN for Travis's graduation this week. I congratulate him, but he kind of has a pointless degree and now one his age and that is in college can live the life he has. I'm six months younger than him, in college and can't afford shit. I wish my daddy bought paid my bills.

I’ve found that this is the majority of popular influencers or social media stars. Rarely have they been born into poverty and clawed their way to the top. Most very successful people grew up privileged in multiple ways and that’s why they are so successful now. They will never starve. They will never cram 7 kids into a bedroom. They will never have their electricity cut off because they couldn’t pay the bill. And they will likely never recognize their privilege either. 

• Upvote 16

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve found that this is the majority of popular influencers or social media stars. Rarely have they been born into poverty and clawed their way to the top. Most very successful people grew up privileged in multiple ways and that’s why they are so successful now. They will never starve. They will never cram 7 kids into a bedroom. They will never have their electricity cut off because they couldn’t pay the bill. And they will likely never recognize their privilege either. 

And that may have been part of the attraction for life long grifters Gil & Kelly.  At least Katie and any future children won’t be crammed in a small cottage having to watch every penny. I’d rather have a degree and be self supporting but I didn’t grow up in their stifling cult. Why does Kelly need to be there for four days? She still has young kids at home. That woman will do anything to avoid caring for her children. At least Katie will enjoy the company. 

• Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

And that may have been part of the attraction for life long grifters Gil & Kelly.  At least Katie and any future children won’t be crammed in a small cottage having to watch every penny. I’d rather have a degree and be self supporting but I didn’t grow up in their stifling cult. Why does Kelly need to be there for four days? She still has young kids at home. That woman will do anything to avoid caring for her children. At least Katie will enjoy the company. 

jeb and probably judson came with her, plus why does she need to come at all., I understand if she lived in town but to travel for a graduation party. and are graduation parties even a thing anymore. I didn't get a high school one and I sure as hell not get a college one. He gets a huge party for a non accredited degree and how much you wanna bet he gets some fancy gift like another new car.

Edited by raayx01
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

jeb and probably judson came with her, plus why does she need to come at all., I understand if she lived in town but to travel for a graduation party. and are graduation parties even a thing anymore. I didn't get a high school one and I sure as hell not get a college one. He gets a huge party for a non accredited degree and how much you wanna bet he gets some fancy gift like another new car.

His family seems to have money so they probably celebrate everything. They have the money to throw parties all the time. 

• Upvote 2

My family celebrates graduations. We consider them important events. For high school, it's a right of passage, and for college it's an achievement.

Of course, in my family, we all go to public schools, and the colleges we attend (2 year, four year or grad) are accredited and confer real degrees. 

When I taught high school, most seniors celebrated their graduations in some way with family and friends, whether with parties or dinners out or trips. It's an milestone that most want to mark in some way. 

• Upvote 9

My kids are still little but it seems like people spend a lot of money on graduation parties where I live. And it makes me a bit nervous. I’m not getting a damn food truck for my kid’s graduation! That just sounds too expensive to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

I'm sure Kelly is NOT at Travis's party for his benefit, but more because she likes traveling.  For the average person, I feel like college graduation is a big accomplishment and is worth celebrating within your means.  Less so in these fundie colleges because they don't all provide a rigorous education.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids are still little but it seems like people spend a lot of money on graduation parties where I live. And it makes me a bit nervous. I’m not getting a damn food truck for my kid’s graduation! That just sounds too expensive to me. 

I have a friend who is an event decorator and she doesn't do weddings (too much work, too much drama) and graduation parties are her biggest money maker. 

No one here.throws big graduation parties. When I graduated high school my parents took me out for dinner and then my friends and I got drunk in a field 🤣. When I graduated university, again we went out for dinner and then my friend and I threw a joint party with our closest friends (it was fancy dress).

• Upvote 3

I do think it is nice that all the younger kids are being a chance to visit Katie and spreading those visits out also makes sense and let's each visit be special. 

If I was the younger kids, I think I would rather visit Katie than Alyssa because it seems like Katie does her best to pack in activities. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I do think it is nice that all the younger kids are being a chance to visit Katie and spreading those visits out also makes sense and let's each visit be special. 

If I was the younger kids, I think I would rather visit Katie than Alyssa because it seems like Katie does her best to pack in activities. 

But Alyssa is in sunny FL, has a pool and plies them with plenty of junk food. As a kid, I could see her place being a nice change of scenery from their home.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But Alyssa is in sunny FL, has a pool and plies them with plenty of junk food. As a kid, I could see her place being a nice change of scenery from their home.

Alyssa also has four kids and I'm sure her siblings are pressed into service when they are down there. Katie doesn't have any kiddos so I think visits to Katie are more of a vacation.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She is, but they mostly hang out by the pool and she gets them to babysit (her sisters) or do house renovations (her brothers) while Katie takes them to mini golf and bowling and plays board games and all kinds of other things. For people who never smile, the Clark’s do all kinds of fun things. 

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic