IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

These two will become influencers I’m sure- they’ll start by trying to promote stuff they think fits their image- they will end up shilling anything that will pay them. I’d be surprised if any Tv show picked them up- there’s so many like them out there. Hopefully the paid Instagram ads and he rental properties will be enough to keep them. I don’t see Lawson’s music bringing in much income.

• Upvote 3

Lawson posted a screenshot showing that his album is #3 on the iTunes country chart. You know Scooby-Doo’s confused look? That’s how I feel.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

34 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Lawson posted a screenshot showing that his album is #3 on the iTunes country chart. You know Scooby-Doo’s confused look? That’s how I feel.

He's now #6, it's easy when you release the day before new music Friday. And it's also a country album, I like country music, but there's not much standards

• Upvote 5

On 2/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He's attractive for a normal guy.  Idk what he would model to make money though.  Modeling is one of the few areas women out earn men iirc, both in getting paid more and more jobs available.  He's not tall enough to do runway, and unless he was willing to do some more risque gigs like Micah Plath I don't see how he could earn a living doing that.

I wonder how much he makes with his music now. I guess more than he would make as a model. But if he's going to do "play jobs" instead of real jobs, I wish he would do modeling so we didn't have to listen to his dying cow gasps. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, raayx01 said:

He's now #6, it's easy when you release the day before new music Friday.

Now down to #10. 😀

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Because I am old, my first thought was that he had bought a bunch of his own CDs. Any chance he coordinated the purchases of his friends and family to get a decent ranking for a hot minute?

• Upvote 2

I didn't pay for it but I did stream it on Spotify and I actually liked a few of the songs. I also think American Dream (one of my least faves) has a chance to resonate right now.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:58 PM, JDuggs said:

I think saying an average 22 year old with no real education or experience in real estate should be a savvy real estate investor is a huge leap.

Who said she was savvy? You can invest in real estate without being savvy. I know this from personal experience. However, since her parents are in that line of work, they probably said, "Let's go look at that new building on the market" or "This is my friend Tim the mortgage broker." Like any good parent would, helping their kid make good choices when they're just starting out.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:35 PM, Jackie3 said:

It takes a certain level of skill and talent to make money in Hollywood, and she did so. I'm sure she's capable of managing her own investments. 

So you’re saying that Tiffany is capable of managing her money even though she might do it without being savvy, which is the ability to make good judgments? Doesn’t sound like a great long term plan to me.

I have no idea how much money Tiffany has, but there aren’t many 22 year olds who I would consider capable of investing, with the intention of getting a decent return, say $1 million in real estate unless they have a keen interest in it. And there seem to be many stories of child actors who end up with nothing to show for it.

• Upvote 3

Fun fact about real estate investing without knowing anything about it, when Ryan O'Neal was making real money from Peyton Place and then Love Story his financial advisor purchased several mobile home parks for retirees and they did so well he made more money from those than from acting.

Those investments are why he has been continuously wealthy despite having very few brain cells and even less impulse control.  

Sometimes you just get lucky.  Idk why I always found that story amusing, retirees in the 70s had Ryan O'Neal as their silent landlord.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I have no idea how much money Tiffany has, but there aren’t many 22 year olds who I would consider capable of investing, with the intention of getting a decent return, say $1 million in real estate unless they have a keen interest in it.

You think 22-year olds shouldn't invest their own money? Wow. I know many people in their early 20's and they manage their money just fine. Some get a "decent return" and some don't, but they are certainly capable of handling money without a guardian.  Do you believe that 22-year olds shouldn't own real estate then?

Should they be in a guardianship situation, with some 55-year old grandpa making decisions for them? That would guarantee them a "decent return"?

even though she might do it without being savvy, which is the ability to make good judgments?

LOL. I googled "savvy" also, and saw the exact same definition.

Why don't you think Tiff can make good decisions? Because she's 22? Is that your reason? Most likely, she probably makes some good decisions and some bad ones, like everyone else.

And there seem to be many stories of child actors who end up with nothing to show for it.

That's because their middle-aged parents blew the money while the kid was a minor! Being old doesn't make you "savvy" either.

I'm  not saying Tiff is going to take the real estate market by storm. I'm saying that it's doubtful she'll voluntarily give up control of the money she has. Most young adults are delighted to finally be able to make their own decisions, and the last thing they want is an "allowance" from mom or dad.

My own young adult (almost exactly Tiff's age) manages budgets, pays rent, negotiates job offers and does a LOT of high math for her job. I'd never presume to take over her money. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

@Jackie3, I don’t think there are many 22 year olds investing large sums of money because most 22 year olds don’t have large sums of money. I think young people should buy real estate for a place to live if that’s what they want, but I don’t think it’s the same thing as investing in real estate to provide an income stream or to try to sell for a profit. I think that most young people can manage their money by living within a budget, paying bills, etc., but it doesn’t mean that they are also good investors. My daughter is slightly older than 22 and I don’t get involved with her finances either, but she also doesn’t have $1 million to invest. And if she did, I’d tell her to get a financial advisor, like Tiffany’s dad. I just don’t get the impression that Tiffany would be the type to want to spend a lot of time focused on finances. I think she would want to know from someone with experience how much she can budget to spend each month, basically an allowance, while still growing her investments. My point was, and I think you agreed with me, that her parents are in this business and it would make sense that they are guiding her. I think that trusting her parents isn’t the same thing as giving up control. It’s her money and she’s following her parents’ advice. If Tiffany told her parents that she wanted to sell all the property she owns to invest in Lawson’s music career, I bet they would strongly discourage it, but probably not be able to stop it. I’m sure her parents have been advising her on a pre-nup even though Tiffany and Lawson are probably offended at the concept.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

From my experience, people in their early twenties that are working for a living are most definitely able and thankfully more and more interested in making financial decisions and investments with an eye on the future. The topic has gained a lot of traction with young people here. Retirement set ups, fonds and property are getting more and more interest with the whole 20+ crowd. 
Tiffany has a lot more money than the average peer and can afford good advisors. Or she approached her parents or they set it up while she was a minor. I don’t get why it cannot be a mix? Both extremes are possible, but also something in between. 
My biggest question is, if her parents will give her a piece of mind if they think she starts making risky or unreasonable decisions. I think they should. It’s always good to get more than one perspective. But I am pretty sure the decision is hers in the end. If she transfers this authority to Lawson (not necessarily legally but is she will just follow his opinion) has yet to be seen.

• Upvote 4

On 2/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I didn't pay for it but I did stream it on Spotify and I actually liked a few of the songs. I also think American Dream (one of my least faves) has a chance to resonate right now.

His album has slipped down to #24 on the itunes country charts--I don't think he's making any traction. None of his singles have made it to the itunes Top 100 Country Chart.

PS Keep in mind that when you stream a song for at least 30 seconds on Spotify, the artist does get paid. So you did give Lawson some $$ no matter how miniscule.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

From Katie's photos of the I love you Day-

Pharaoh and Handmaiden- wouldn't you know it!

And I feel a bit sorry for Tiff who seems out on a limb and on her own

20220226_194921.jpg

20220226_194839.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

55 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

20220226_194921.jpg

20220226_194839.jpg

In the video Tiffany seems to be talking to Alyssa who is just out of view. 

What I found interesting is that it seems like Esther and Nathan are in the same costumes as Lawson and Tiffany. Again. 

(Unless it is Zach and Whit, bit it is another set of siblings and not any of the sisters).

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1

I wonder when the bates will give up the I love you dY shenanigans. It looks like a few bates kids didn't bother to dress up. Without a TV show is their any need any more? I wonder how long the get together lasts annually ? I know it's because flights are cheaper and it's an easier catch up than Xmas but with ever growing families and expenses inwondet how long it takes for the first family to opt out is or will they always arrange time for all families

• Upvote 5

I think the Bates family do actually genuinely like each other. But I do think they could drop the costumes, but I think that the big family get togethers once a year or so will continue. Right now, only three children live outside of Tennessee and Nathan seems to come back regularly. Lawson is going to be based in Nashville and Trace will likely stay local. So that is 8 of the 11 marrieds/soon-to-be marrieds who are local-ish. Alyssa adores her grandparents, so I imagine she will keep visiting once or twice a year as long as they are alive. 

• Upvote 3

Well, Lawson's album has tumbled out of the ITunes Top 100 Country Albums Chart.  All the Bates leghumpers have bought their copy, and that's that.

Guess I won't be seeing him at the Grand Old Opry anytime soon.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 4

Tiffany's Bridal shower tomorrow and the theme is "I Do BBQ".

At least there is some actual color (red and yellow)? 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

On 2/26/2022 at 1:54 PM, Sops2 said:

20220226_194921.jpg

20220226_194839.jpg

Pharaoh man spreading - put that in “Things I Didn’t Need to See for $200, Alex.” 

• Upvote 4

On 2/26/2022 at 5:41 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder when the bates will give up the I love you dY shenanigans. It looks like a few bates kids didn't bother to dress up. Without a TV show is their any need any more? I wonder how long the get together lasts annually ? I know it's because flights are cheaper and it's an easier catch up than Xmas but with ever growing families and expenses inwondet how long it takes for the first family to opt out is or will they always arrange time for all families

I said this somewhere else on FJ but I always assumed ILY day started when the Bates family had a bazillion kids at home and poor. Basically the time when we saw them living in a very small home and homemade frumpers. When Lawson had to loan his parents money. I think Kelly came up with the idea because they were so poor but likely got a really nice tax return. I’m guessing they would file their taxes asap and get it back mid to late February. Which coincided with Valentine’s Day. They would go very cheap on Christmas because they didn’t have the money for it. But then go big with ILY day because of their tax return. Nowadays they seem to have plenty of money for gifts. Therefore it doesn’t seem as necessary. Plus they no longer have a show. Back when they started ILY day, I don’t remember themed costumes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they only started doing that for the show. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic