IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

I didn't realize how much Ellie resembles Carlin until seeing this picture.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I said this somewhere else on FJ but I always assumed ILY day started when the Bates family had a bazillion kids at home and poor. Basically the time when we saw them living in a very small home and homemade frumpers. When Lawson had to loan his parents money. I think tamely came up with the idea because they were so poor but likely got a really nice tax return. I’m guessing they would file their taxes asap and get it back mid to late February. Which coincided with Valentine’s Day. They would go very cheap on Christmas because they didn’t have the money for it. But then go big with ILY day because of their tax return. Nowadays they seem to have plenty of money for gifts. Therefore it doesn’t seem as necessary. Plus they no longer have a show. Back when they started ILY day, I don’t remember themed costumes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they only started doing that for the show. 

This makes sense to me. My father was a cab driver, December is a fantastic time of year for cab drivers, lots of fares and generous tips. My parents always did super elaborate Christmases. However, my birthday is in July which was a much leaner time for my dad and so I got much more modest presents. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I’m confused… are showers not a female thing everywhere? Every shower I’ve been to has been just females “showering the bride”. Josie and Carlin’s stories show it being very mixed! Which makes it odd too that Evan didn’t go. 

• Upvote 2

Co-ed showers are becoming more and more popular, especially in this case where it is the groom's family throwing it. Most of the guests are there for Lawson, not Tiffany. 

I am not sure how many of the Bates spouses went. It looks like Chad might have stayed home with the three middle girls whole Erin took Carson and Finley. I couldn't tell if Bobby, Kelton or Brandon was around. 

There didn't seem to be a ton of the little kids around, Josie had Hazel and Erin and Carson and Finley, I assume Zach and Whitney's kids were all there (Bradley defintirly was). Whitney, Carlin, Josie and Trace all had afternoon plans as well when the shower was done. 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I said this somewhere else on FJ but I always assumed ILY day started when the Bates family had a bazillion kids at home and poor. Basically the time when we saw them living in a very small home and homemade frumpers. When Lawson had to loan his parents money. I think Kelly came up with the idea because they were so poor but likely got a really nice tax return. I’m guessing they would file their taxes asap and get it back mid to late February. Which coincided with Valentine’s Day. They would go very cheap on Christmas because they didn’t have the money for it. But then go big with ILY day because of their tax return. Nowadays they seem to have plenty of money for gifts. Therefore it doesn’t seem as necessary. Plus they no longer have a show. Back when they started ILY day, I don’t remember themed costumes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they only started doing that for the show. 

I think I remember that too. They also said, that it was easier to get the whole family together at this day than for Christmas or Thanksgiving when many alternate and you can’t really force that many in laws to alternate around you. That is actually a pretty convincing argument. So no criticise for this sentiment. But those costumes are just ridiculous. Having a “secret Santa” for Valentines and emphasising family love is sweet. It’s just them and all we know about them and the over the top tv elements that really give it a bad taste.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Dbm said:

I thought the wedding was in mid may?

Reveal hidden contents

1885791712_Screenshot2022-03-06at12_27_28am.thumb.png.be21d9dc7b8c559b414a53432d5f3689.png

I like this pic, Ellie is so beautiful 

Hide contents

164242665_Screenshot2022-03-06at12_27_44am.thumb.png.3775925d94e66c7fbfee8fd4f5eea46a.png

Wait a minute. Why wasn’t Kelly mom shamed for her teenaged daughter showing up at a family bridal shower in a t-shirt, denim skirt and gym shoes? Is it because Ellie’s hair looks nice?

(This is an attempt at sarcasm based on the Duggar teen girls appearance at Hannah Wissman’s shower: denim, gym shoes, imperfect hair. And it was all due to Michelle’s neglect.)

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Keys said:

I’m confused… are showers not a female thing everywhere? Every shower I’ve been to has been just females “showering the bride”. Josie and Carlin’s stories show it being very mixed! Which makes it odd too that Evan didn’t go. 

Funnest couple showers date back at least as far as 1992 or three or so because I remember getting an invite one to one that was work related.

Funnest couple showers date back at least as far as 1992 or three or so because I remember getting an invite one to one that was work related.

I think that's around the same time men started saying "we're pregnant."

Edited by patsymae
addition
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I think couple showers became more common when people started marrying out of their geographic area. My grandparents lived 1 block from each other, my mom only had one shower. My family and my ILs lived several hours apart and were also from very different cultures with different expectations for showers (showers in my husband's culture are super fancy and formal). The shower my ILs threw me wasn't co-ed but my husband was expected to attend for the second half, as it was his family and friends. As my BIL put it "they are all there for you", which is why Lawson being there makes sense. 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, Idlewild said:

These two will become influencers I’m sure- they’ll start by trying to promote stuff they think fits their image- they will end up shilling anything that will pay them. I’d be surprised if any Tv show picked them up- there’s so many like them out there. Hopefully the paid Instagram ads and he rental properties will be enough to keep them. I don’t see Lawson’s music bringing in much income.

I think Lawson wants fame and adulation as much as, if not more than, money. I just don't see him (don't know much about Tiff) being content to be like the thousands and thousands of other really good musicians who work at regular jobs (or even "jobs" like influencing) and play music every chance they get--wherever they can, with whomever they can, whatever they are paid or not paid--just to play. I don't see him being passionate about music at all. I don't recall ever seeing him with a band (but very possible I could miss that) He may have a little more stick-too-it-iveness than Amy Duggar, who expected to take Nashville by storm in a weekend, but from what I can tell his end goal is stardom. 

On 3/5/2022 at 4:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I said this somewhere else on FJ but I always assumed ILY day started when the Bates family had a bazillion kids at home and poor. Basically the time when we saw them living in a very small home and homemade frumpers. When Lawson had to loan his parents money. I think Kelly came up with the idea because they were so poor but likely got a really nice tax return. I’m guessing they would file their taxes asap and get it back mid to late February. Which coincided with Valentine’s Day. They would go very cheap on Christmas because they didn’t have the money for it. But then go big with ILY day because of their tax return. Nowadays they seem to have plenty of money for gifts. Therefore it doesn’t seem as necessary. Plus they no longer have a show. Back when they started ILY day, I don’t remember themed costumes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they only started doing that for the show. 

Ellie looks great but my first reaction was "Kelly must have her on the market to be the next young Bates bride".  She is nearly 15 after all.  She's got her last three girls prepped. 

Off to the prayer closet with me. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Ellie looks great but my first reaction was "Kelly must have her on the market to be the next young Bates bride".  She is nearly 15 after all.  She's got her last three girls prepped. 

Off to the prayer closet with me. 

Addie will be the next for Kelly to quickly marry off since she’s 16. She may need to keep Ellie at home for the cooking and laundry since Callie is still young. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Addie will be the next for Kelly to quickly marry off since she’s 16. She may need to keep Ellie at home for the cooking and laundry since Callie is still young. 

Callie is only 2.5 years younger than Ellie. If Ellie marries at 20, Callie will be 17. It is after that, Kelly will have a problem. I suspect she will try to marry Jackson, Warden and Isaiah off before both Addalee and Ellie leave the nest. And she might start borrowing granddaughters, Erin has 4, although neither Brooklynn or Holland come across as particularly docile and obedient, Holland even more so than Brooklyn, though I know she is only 2, she comes off as a spitfire.

• Upvote 1

Not to forget that their mothers will probably try to utilise their daughters for themselves. And some might not be willing to compromise on school times or time for photo ops to send them slaving away at Kelly and Gil’s. 
But they roped Michaela back and I can totally see Kelly putting some emotional pressure on her to take care of her youngest siblings and her parents.

• Upvote 1

I think I remember that one of the boys liked cooking.  Jackson? Warden?  I suspect in 5-10 years when most of the kids have married off we will see Kelly/Gil and whichever kids remain at home making the rounds for suppers with married kids and going out to dinner/taking in.  I don't see her ever cooking.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JMO said:

I think I remember that one of the boys liked cooking.  Jackson? Warden?  I suspect in 5-10 years when most of the kids have married off we will see Kelly/Gil and whichever kids remain at home making the rounds for suppers with married kids and going out to dinner/taking in.  I don't see her ever cooking.  

It was Warden that enjoyed cooking. He'd hang out at Erin's house and assist her when she was trying out new recipes.  

• Thank You 2

Tiffany, please stop wearing cheap Bates Sisters Boutique dresses that are too big for you.  image.png.11e3d4cdaec5e231d4f07392019d93b6.png

Everyone and their Grandma can probably see down her dress.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Callie is only 2.5 years younger than Ellie. If Ellie marries at 20, Callie will be 17. It is after that, Kelly will have a problem. I suspect she will try to marry Jackson, Warden and Isaiah off before both Addalee and Ellie leave the nest. And she might start borrowing granddaughters, Erin has 4, although neither Brooklynn or Holland come across as particularly docile and obedient, Holland even more so than Brooklyn, though I know she is only 2, she comes off as a spitfire.

I always figured Callie would bet married first at 18 and Ellie and Addie would wait to be 21 or 22

• I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JMO said:

Not at the Balkas, I just not see them going for that. 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Tiffany, please stop wearing cheap Bates Sisters Boutique dresses that are too big for you.  image.png.11e3d4cdaec5e231d4f07392019d93b6.png

Everyone and their Grandma can probably see down her dress.

I find him just unbearable, but I hope he keeps his looks and doesn't just turn into Gil. I don't know why, though. 

• Upvote 1

Lawsy and a simple ceremony? I don’t believe it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

A simple ceremony would be an exchange of vows and rings, it wouldn’t involve a cheesy song by Lawson.

By simple he may mean no sky diving or other gimmicks or he hasn’t persuaded a gossip magazine to pay for it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic