IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

On 2/17/2022 at 8:42 AM, JDuggs said:

I also think that Tiffany’s money is not just from her acting. I would guess that a portion of it has been gifted to her by her parents in some kind of a tax shelter plan. I think that Tiffany has probably made the good decision to trust her parents regarding finances.

Tax shelter plan? Parents can give their child $30,000 a year without incurring any gift tax. There's no need for a "tax shelter plan."  You can give your child even more money, but you have to pay gift tax. 

However, I doubt Tiff's parents are giving her anything. Why would they? She's had a healthy income from her acting. They are only small business owners themselves, and probably want to save for retirement.

In any event, I dont' think Tiffany is in a conservatorship situation, like Brittany Spears. A court wouldn't permit that, since she doesn't need a guardian and there's no evidence she can't manage her personal affairs.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

God love all you vacation planners. Does that also accompany the shopper gene? I like to pick a vacay destination and maybe 2 or 3 must sees within that destination sphere, but a scheduled vacation is not my idea of a vacation at all. Thankfully this approach has worked for us and we often see and do things that others would never consider. My husband loves to research everything, but beyond cities we want to visit and places to stay we rarely book anything else. And I HATE shopping. Buying, I’m pretty good at, though.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

God love all you vacation planners. Does that also accompany the shopper gene? I like to pick a vacay destination and maybe 2 or 3 must sees within that destination sphere, but a scheduled vacation is not my idea of a vacation at all. Thankfully this approach has worked for us and we often see and do things that others would never consider. My husband loves to research everything, but beyond cities we want to visit and places to stay we rarely book anything else. And I HATE shopping. Buying, I’m pretty good at, though.

For me it does. I love to shop but I am.a very organized shopper. Unless it is Costco and then I have no plan and no list beceuse Costco is it's own world. 

But for Christmas I have a spreadsheet on my phone. Same with birthdays.

• Upvote 4

Lawson sang the anthem at the opening game of the UTenn baseball team in Knoxville and it was not good. Whitney has the first few bars in her Instagram stories. I know it's a hard song to sing, especially unaccompanied, but he can't keep in key and he can't decide if he's a baritone or a tenor.

Also wasn't this the college where Erin got a scholarship and Gil&Kelly didn't allow her to attend because she might meet someone with pink hair? There was a discussion on Katie's thread about fundies wearing university sports team clothes even though they wouldn't attend said secular college, and I think to some extent that's because some varsity teams become so popular that they achieve a regional fame & supporter base independent of the school association. But the hypocrisy here is particularly glaring.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

That was really bad. I can’t help but think she showed so little of it because it just got worse after that.

• Upvote 6

On 2/18/2022 at 5:18 PM, Jackie3 said:

Tiffany doesn't need her parents to buy her rental properties. She has money from acting, unless she's blown it all. She could buy those properties herself. 

I doubt she needs her parents' permission to spend money, unless she has some kind of Brittany Spears's setup. If not, adults generally control their own money unless they have a disability.

She and Lawson may be able to live quite a while off her prior earnings.

I wasn't sure how realistic it was due to knowing how little actors are paid (even in big budget films, unless you are one of the main stars and are already somewhat famous), but I forgot she was a regular voice actor in a series. She should have gotten a pretty good deal on that. 

Interesting anecdote, one of my friends growing up did have a conservatorship. She got it removed when she was in her late 20s, but I always thought that was pretty sad. 

Edited by meep
  • Upvote 3

On 2/17/2022 at 8:42 AM, JDuggs said:

I’m assuming that her parents or financial advisors are making decisions that Tiffany has to sign off on, and she’s doing what her parents tell her to do. She’s probably given a monthly allowance from her investment income and if she needs additional money, she needs permission to get it.

I find it interesting, this infantilizing of Tiffany. I don't particularly care for her, but I don't think she's an idiot. It takes a certain level of skill and talent to make money in Hollywood, and she did so. I'm sure she's capable of managing her own investments. Why would she agree to be treated like an 8 year old and get an allowance? I just don't see any incentive to agree to that.

If Tiff owns rental properties, then I'm sure someone manages them. I doubt she is collecting rents, calling plumbers, etc.  She's too busy hanging with Lawson to do that!

Tiff, the owner, would pay the property manager for managing the property.  I believe property managers are often paid ten percent of rents collected, but things may have changed since I was involved with this.

If her parents are managing the properties, then it is Tiff paying them, not the other way around.

I do wonder about people who think a young woman is incapable of managing her own money. This is not 1930!

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I do wonder about people who think a young woman is incapable of managing her own money. This is not 1930!

You're preaching to the choir. Please tell this to the Bates, the family she is choosing to join. They haven't received this memo. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I find it interesting, this infantilizing of Tiffany. I don't particularly care for her, but I don't think she's an idiot. It takes a certain level of skill and talent to make money in Hollywood, and she did so. I'm sure she's capable of managing her own investments. Why would she agree to be treated like an 8 year old and get an allowance? I just don't see any incentive to agree to that.

I think saying an average 22 year old with no real education or experience in real estate should be a savvy real estate investor is a huge leap. This is her parents’ business and they seem very successful. So why would I assume that Tiffany is making all of her financial decisions independent of her parents? Just because someone is a child actor hardly qualifies him or her to be a successful investor without really good advisors. I think Tiffany would agree to an investment plan in which she doesn’t spend it all away, which would involve a budget. People who don’t live within a budget, don’t have enough funds to successfully invest.

If Tiffany had majored in Finance or any type of business major, I might think that she has an interest in a career in real estate investments. If she ever posted about work she was doing (for example, “scouting out investment properties in Nashville today. What a crazy market!), I would believe she has an interest in it. Instead she had a busy career as a child and teen as an actor. She spent the last few years getting online degrees in non-business majors (I forgot what they were exactly, Christian Ministry?) and getting to know Lawson. I’m not infantilizing her; I’m not saying she’s an idiot. I just don’t think 22 year olds are obviously capable of making million dollar investments just because of an acting career as a child.

Her parents are in the business. Tiffany obviously seems to love and trust them. She’s been very busy doing many other things. It just makes so much sense to me that she would entrust her money with her parents to make some good decisions on her behalf, including “tell me how much money I can spend every month and still have enough to invest.”

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

<snip>

Tiff, the owner, would pay the property manager for managing the property.  I believe property managers are often paid ten percent of rents collected, but things may have changed since I was involved with this.

If her parents are managing the properties, then it is Tiff paying them, not the other way around.

<snip>

Maybe Law will take over these duties and she can pay him so he’ll have a steady income.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Tiffany may be good with handling money, but a Bates son who loves not working while also living the high life is about to control it all. I hope she has a prenup and measures in place to protect her assets, but I would be surprised if that is so. Lawson is going to view all that money as his the second they get married and that he, and he alone, is the one making all the decisions. The Bates sons may like women who dress modern, but I guarantee you they still expect their wives to submit to their whims. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

I think her parents have had a big advisor role in her investments. Especially in the beginning. She is 22 now, but her investments probably date back some years. 
My guess is, it’s also not an allowance but profit she is earning/spending from those investments. If she (or her husband I guess) decides to liquidate her investments that will be entirely her choice. So I think it’s a very normal mix of parents helping to set her up for the future, but also her having the last say legally and having full access if she wants it.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 8

Do you think Tiff understands that Lawson is not that great a singer (and lazy to boot), but she's just so in love with being in love she's pretending it isn't a problem? As an actor, she's probably been around folks who have had voice training (and perhaps she's had training herself) and she's certainly seem how actors have to really hustle to get employed.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do you think Tiff understands that Lawson is not that great a singer (and lazy to boot), but she's just so in love with being in love she's pretending it isn't a problem? As an actor, she's probably been around folks who have had voice training (and perhaps she's had training herself) and she's certainly seem how actors have to really hustle to get employed.

She might have convinced herself that he will change. She won’t be the first woman to marry a lazy grifter imagining that they will become a different, better person after the wedding. The way Whitney only showed a few clips of Lawson singing makes me think the family is well aware that he doesn’t sound good.  There is no way Tiffany can hear him and actually think he is extremely talented. 

• Upvote 13

I think they have each other convinced that their relationship was what was missing from them becoming superstars. Once they’re married, their careers, money, fame will all fall into place. In his head, Lawson probably thinks that a sexy chaste single guy drove the ladies wild, but a sexy married guy who actually has god approved sex will really make the ladies swoon. And marriage will promote Tiffany from girl to woman.

I do wonder what Lawson’s real goals are. Constant touring, a residency type act in Branson or somewhere else, having a talk show or some other platform with Tiff preaching the cool Christian lifestyle where he also gets to perform? How does he really think he’s going to become rich and famous? He’s already been given such a step up compared to other artists and after ten years, no one is really interested. Does he really think that his latest album will be his breakthrough? They both obviously think that their future home renovations and whatever trips they take will be highly interesting to the public in a way that they can monetize.

• Upvote 13

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

do wonder what Lawson’s real goals are. Constant touring, a residency type act in Branson or somewhere else, having a talk show or some other platform with Tiff preaching the cool Christian lifestyle where he also gets to perform? How does he really think he’s going to become rich and famous? He’s already been given such a step up compared to other artists and after ten years, no one is really interested. Does he really think that his latest album will be his breakthrough? They both obviously think that their future home renovations and whatever trips they take will be highly interesting to the public in a way that they can monetize.

I can't help but feel that you've given this question considerably more thought than he has...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 31
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The way Whitney only showed a few clips of Lawson singing makes me think the family is well aware that he doesn’t sound good.

An episode a few years ago had Nathan accompany Lawson for a "concert" somewhere. I think there were even real musicians (who most likely were capable of singing) backing up Lawson. Lawson was terrible. I noticed Nathan's face and what Nathan said afterward and how he couched it. I got the feeling he realized at that moment, if not prior, that Lawson was in the wrong business. I would like to see that part again. 

Lawson does seem to have enough skill to entertain for free at hospitals, but that's about it.

• Upvote 4

At best Lawson is a church choir singer. I’m not sure he even has the talent to be a church choir star. I know he originally dreamed of being an actor. Maybe he could get work on a PureFlix show, but working would , means he couldn’t drop everything and prance off on a Medicorp trip whenever he want. 

• Upvote 9

45 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

At best Lawson is a church choir singer. I’m not sure he even has the talent to be a church choir star. I know he originally dreamed of being an actor. Maybe he could get work on a PureFlix show, but working would , means he couldn’t drop everything and prance off on a Medicorp trip whenever he want. 

He originally dreamed of being an actor? the best he could do is be hot guy #3

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

They both obviously think that their future home renovations and whatever trips they take will be highly interesting to the public in a way that they can monetize.

I think Lawson and Tiffany will end up as influencers and thats it, it is the logical step for them. Both their careers are going nowhere and they can capitalize on the fame they already have and on being good looking. I dont see either of them getting a 9-5 job thats for sure.

• Upvote 5

I can’t help wondering if they are gunning for their own reality show. Hot young Christian couple balancing two creative “careers” and starting a family. I also think they will go the influencer route or perhaps vlog, similar to Carlin and Evan. Not that they have anything interesting to say, but that hasn’t stopped other influencers. Lawson will put out an occasional song and Tiffany might take a small role once or twice a year. 

I hope they have a prenup for both of their sakes. Lawson, too, has assets that need to be protected. If something went wrong, Tiffany could claim a share in his songwriting royalties and copyrights (not that those are worth much at present, but he might write a fluke hit). California is a community property state. If they establish a California residence, he could claim half of her assets acquired during the marriage. Hopefully her parents are savvy enough to insist they put a prenup in place. 

• Upvote 1

Lawson's perfect job is actually a model, why doesn't he just jump into that? I'd argue it goes against his family's "morals" but modeling is essentially what he's doing on his instagram for free so...??? 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, meep said:

Lawson's perfect job is actually a model, why doesn't he just jump into that? I'd argue it goes against his family's "morals" but modeling is essentially what he's doing on his instagram for free so...??? 🤷‍♀️

He's attractive for a normal guy.  Idk what he would model to make money though.  Modeling is one of the few areas women out earn men iirc, both in getting paid more and more jobs available.  He's not tall enough to do runway, and unless he was willing to do some more risque gigs like Micah Plath I don't see how he could earn a living doing that.

• Upvote 10

18 hours ago, JDuggs said:

This is her parents’ business and they seem very successful. So why would I assume that Tiffany is making all of her financial decisions independent of her parents? Just because someone is a child actor hardly qualifies him or her to be a successful investor without really good advisors. I think Tiffany would agree to an investment plan in which she doesn’t spend it all away, which would involve a budget.

Why do you think her parents' are "very successful"? Just curious, because a brief internet search yielded the following:

1. Their "business" has no internet presence

2. Dun and Bradstreet estimates their income at $110G.

I just haven't seen any evidence that they are "very successful," though it's possible I missed it. Most successful businesses have an internet presence.  I think they may buy and manage rental properties, which can yield profit or loss, depending on lots of things.

With the Covid moratoriums against evictions, it's been a tough couple of years to be a landlord.

As for Tiff, I'm not saying she's qualified. Far from it. But there's no rule you have to be "qualified" before you buy real estate.

I suspect her parents invested her $ in real estate when she was a minor, because that is the type of investment they're familiar with. Now that she's an adult, she's hired them to manage the properties for a fee. She takes (any) profits and spends or saves them. I doubt she's agreed to give up any of her decision-making power--very few young adults would do so. 

I can't imagine Tiff saying, "Oh, I can't decide what to do with my rental profits. It's jus so confusing! Please keep all the money for me, mom, and just send me $3000/month. And buy and sell the properties I own whenever you want to." 

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He's attractive for a normal guy.  Idk what he would model to make money though.  Modeling is one of the few areas women out earn men iirc, both in getting paid more and more jobs available.  He's not tall enough to do runway, and unless he was willing to do some more risque gigs like Micah Plath I don't see how he could earn a living doing that.

He's much too short to be a model. Can you see him modeling with a leggy 5'10" woman in a Nordstrom ad? Right or wrong, those aren't the kinds of ads companies want.

• Upvote 4

He's shilling some mens' hair vitamins (I think) on his instagram, so following in the footsteps of several of his sisters. 🙄

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic