IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

On 1/30/2022 at 7:26 PM, Jackie3 said:

Is there a rule you have to pick an older sister? Maybe she and Ellie just get along better. Addie would be in LOT of weddings (and Ellie none) if you always had to pick the older sister.

There is no “rule” in society at large anywhere on who you have to pick as a bridesmaid or maid of honor. Maybe these idiotic fundies have a stupid rule about that though. They have weird rules for everything  else too. In most families it is tradition (not a rule) to have a sister be MOH. So if the bride has one sister she’s usually MOH. Multiple sisters and it’s one as MOH and the rest as bridesmaids.  Lots of non-Fundie families guilt and bully their brides to be into this weird tradition too. For instance my best friend who is not close to her only sister in any way shape or form was forced to have her as a MOH or else her parents wouldn’t pay for her wedding. Poor thing came to me in tears apologizing profusely that I couldn’t be her MOH. I told her it was fine and I didn’t care because I really didn’t. I just wanted a happy friend. I still got to go to the wedding, be in the wedding and support her. But it did bother me that she was never given the choice by her family. It also annoyed  me and the other ladies that her sister couldn’t be bothered to do a single thing to help with the shower, bachelorette party, and so on. Sometimes people are closer to friends than they are siblings, or cousins. But in Fundie land where they keep everyone so isolated that might be hard to come by. So tradition or not, her best friends might also be sisters, future sister in laws, and cousins. 

Edited by SunnySide
Clarity
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, SunnySide said:

There is no “rule” in society at large anywhere on who you have to pick as a bridesmaid or maid of honor. Maybe these idiotic fundies have a stupid rule about that though. They have weird rules for everything  else too. In most families it is tradition (not a rule) to have a sister be MOH. So if the bride has one sister she’s usually MOH. Multiple sisters and it’s one as MOH and the rest as bridesmaids.  Lots of non-Fundie families guilt and bully their brides to be into this weird tradition too. 

Not only siblings, but future in-laws as well.  The minute we got engaged my groomzilla husband asked his sister and sister-in-law (brother's wife) to be bridesmaids without my knowledge, so I ended up stuck with them.  I never let him forget that one, especially since I had no intentions of asking them-I got along with them well enough at the time, but we certainly weren't BFFs in any sense of the term.    However, my husband's uber-Catholic family is very insular-if you ask one (husband was asking his brother as best man and sister's husband as a groomsman), you ask them all and there is no way one could be excluded, even if you hated that person's guts.    They were so cliquey and insular that my mother used to call them "The Clan".  

We had also agreed to no children at the reception as it was a night wedding; however, I was told by my mother-in-law that there was absolutely no way an 8-year-old late-in-life cousin could be excluded from the festivities; so she was made a junior bridesmaid.   Again, I compromised.  I suppose I was lucky that my sister could remain my maid of honor and my best friend was allowed to be a bridesmaid at that point.  

I already told my son and his longtime girlfriend...have a small wedding, save yourselves a lot of headaches and drama, and save the money for a house.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 7

@HeartsAFundie

In regard to the smaller weddings saving money, as well as drama and grief I couldn’t agree more. I’m 37 and the older I get the more I realize if I ever do get married I want it to be quiet, simple, and nice. My church does weekday services and when I daydream I think “gosh, I could get married on a Tuesday.” I’m glad you’re letting your son know there is no expectation for a large wedding if that’s not what he wants. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 11

I’m not big on having a wedding because I’d rather spend the money on something else, but I know my grandparents and parents would like to be included in a wedding.  I’ve been kicking around the idea of having my family and a few close friends over for a “housewarming” then surprising everyone with a quick ceremony.  (Also, I really detest the idea of wedding gifts. My partner & I have lived together for many years and are very comfortable financially.  Many of my cousins work in service careers and the idea of them buying something we can easily afford or don’t need makes me upset.) 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 8

I would love to get married. But as long as the pandemic is still raging it‘s not gonna happen. I want a nice dress, a beautiful location, good food and be with the people I truly care about. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

We got married in late 2019, so we got super lucky with timing around the pandemic (who would have thought, eh? :(). Our families are both Catholic, and Italian, so a big wedding was not a question, lol. My family also has the mindset of “if you invite one person of x relation, you need to invite everyone of that relation”. And the in-laws would see people out and about that they hadn’t seen in a while, and then ask if they could be added to the guest list. Sooo, our guest list quickly ballooned to 400 people, lol. We ended up with 280, as a lot of family lives out of town. Tbh, for us it was worth seeing our parents content etc to have a bigger wedding and save arguments and tension. We didn’t feel super strongly about it. Our bridal party selection was fully within our control, though, which was good. We loved our wedding and were glad to be able to include everyone, especially now in hindsight with covid hitting shortly after. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Keys said:

We got married in late 2019, so we got super lucky with timing around the pandemic

We got married in February 2020, after having been in a relationship for more than 10 years. That was just a couple of weeks before the pandemic hit - we had no idea how lucky we were at the time! We had a courthouse wedding attended only by parents/siblings, went to a nice restaurant afterwards and that was that. But even that wouldn’t have been allowed anymore a couple weeks later.

It was the perfect wedding for us, rather spontaneous, very simple and low key. The range of “normal” weddings is pretty broad here, so having a small, simple courthouse wedding is nothing out of the ordinary, but I think ours was very much at the lower end of that range. No wedding dress either, and we completely forgot to even think about buying rings. 😂 We might get rings at some point, but it doesn’t really feel like we are missing anything.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

16 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

We got married in February 2020, after having been in a relationship for more than 10 years. That was just a couple of weeks before the pandemic hit - we had no idea how lucky we were at the time! We had a courthouse wedding attended only by parents/siblings, went to a nice restaurant afterwards and that was that. But even that wouldn’t have been allowed anymore a couple weeks later.

It was the perfect wedding for us, rather spontaneous, very simple and low key. The range of “normal” weddings is pretty broad here, so having a small, simple courthouse wedding is nothing out of the ordinary, but I think ours was very much at the lower end of that range. No wedding dress either, and we completely forgot to even think about buying rings. 😂 We might get rings at some point, but it doesn’t really feel like we are missing anything.

That sounds just lovely! The wedding is a secondary celebration to the most important thing, which is the marriage. That’s what matters most, and how you celebrate is beautiful no matter what! 💜

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Keys said:

That sounds just lovely! The wedding is a secondary celebration to the most important thing, which is the marriage. That’s what matters most, and how you celebrate is beautiful no matter what! 💜

That’s just beautifully phrased and also describes perfectly the unease many have with certain aspects of over the top wedding (or similar) occasions.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

On 2/4/2022 at 12:19 AM, just_ordinary said:

That’s just beautifully phrased and also describes perfectly the unease many have with certain aspects of over the top wedding (or similar) occasions.

Admittedly I follow this only cursorily, but am I the only one thinking this wedding might not happen after the cancellation? These two seem like serious fame whores, and Tiffany may be a step up for her intended groom, but not that much--they need the fame to feed off of each other.
Somehow I just don't see them loving music so much for its own sake, or loving spreading the Word enough for its own sake, that the traveling from fundy church to fundy church singing ministry would be enough of a dream to sustain their partnership.

Or maybe they just really, really love each other?

Edited by patsymae
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Admittedly I follow this only cursorily, but am I the only one thinking this wedding might not happen after the cancellation? These two seem like serious fame whores, and Tiffany may be a step up for her intended groom, but not that much--they need the fame to feed off of each other.
Somehow I just don't see them loving music so much for its own sake, or loving spreading the Word enough for its own sake, that the traveling from fundy church to fundy church singing ministry would be enough of a dream to sustain their partnership.

Hmm, it’s a good point. And they won’t have the show funding a nice honeymoon for them now, either. I’m not sure it’s been very disappointing for them!

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I think they'll get married. Lawson needs to say he got married before 30 and Tiffany just wants a wedding. But I do think this marriage will end in divorce

• Upvote 13

With the cancellation of the show and the associated benefits and publicity, once the fuss of the wedding has died down Tiffany will realise she married a vain moocher a lot quicker than had he still had a TV show.

• Upvote 8

It’ll happen, then they’ll have two kids in quick succession.  Somewhere around the 18th time Tiffany has to call mom & dad to pay for something because she’s an exhausted mom if 2 under two with a husband still focused on a not happening music career, she’ll move home and they will quietly disappear from each other’s social media never to be spoken of again. 

• Upvote 6

I see they went straight from the Colorado ski vacation to strolling southern California beaches--so good to see Lawson working hard at his elected constable position and Tiffany on her acting career. #couplegoals

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

Lawson has his album to promote and no TV show to do the heavy lifting - I wonder when it will dawn on him that he needs to put some work in?
If he doesn’t show up soon they will take his uniform away and he’ll have to hire one for his cosplay photos.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

This is the first  photo I've ever seen of Tiffany where she doesn't have a grin or smile on her face and performing for the camera.

In the story, when Lawson pans the video from his selfie round to  her she has a sad face,  then suddenly perks up and performs for the camera  - just like the Rodrigues children do.

She looks a tad fed up- something is not right.

20220210_114616.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

35 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

This is the first  photo I've ever seen of Tiffany where she doesn't have a grin or smile on her face and performing for the camera.

In the story, when Lawson pans the video from his selfie round to  her she has a sad face,  then suddenly perks up and performs for the camera  - just like the Rodrigues children do.

She looks a tad fed up- something is not right.

20220210_114616.jpg

She also seems quite nervous, fidgeting with her hands. Maybe it was just the fact that she wasn't in the mood to be on camera, maybe something more?

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

She also seems quite nervous, fidgeting with her hands. Maybe it was just the fact that she wasn't in the mood to be on camera, maybe something more?

How long have she and Lawson been on the road? Constantly having to remain the enthusiastic companion of a vain performing monkey would test even the most devoted helpmeet. Maybe that shot captured the moment when she realised that after all the excitement of the wedding she’s going to be stuck listening to him for the rest of her life.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I love the description  "vain performing monkey"!   It describes Lawson to a T

He is coiffed to perfection with little kiss curls at the side. His vanity is totally insufferable- Tiffany looks like she's had enough of being his adoring side kick.I hope a little bit of reality is sinking in for Tiff.

• Upvote 13

Lawson and Tiffany did a Q&A for his youtube channel:

-They will be moving to Nashville after the wedding, and they already have a house they will show a house tour in another video.

-She doesnt know where the honeymoon will be since it is a surprise for her.

-About what they do for a living she said acting, also worked for a non profit for a while and she has vacation rental properties. Said they are lucky they can travel so much because of their jobs. Lawson said his primary income is music, and on the side he does charity work, pilot, emr and elected constable (before that he was a reserve deputy for 3 years).

-Favorite quality about each other: Lawson says he would need an hour to list all the things he likes about Tiff, but one of the first things that atracted him of her before they even met in person was how passionate she was about things, specially things of faith, and that she has a very unique and cool life story and that she puts a 110% into whatever she is doing. And also that she is bubbly and joyful. Tiff says that besides the faith aspect that of course is the most important to her, she likes that Lawson is always positive, kind and giving.

-How they meet: Lawson saw an article that a friend posted and it was an interview Tiffany did talking about her faith. He followed her on insta, then a few days later he slid into her DMs and from that they started facetiming every day for a month and then they met in person.

• Thank You 20

14 minutes ago, llucie said:

Lawson and Tiffany did a Q&A for his youtube channel:

-They will be moving to Nashville after the wedding, and they already have a house they will show a house tour in another video.

-She doesnt know where the honeymoon will be since it is a surprise for her.

-About what they do for a living she said acting, also worked for a non profit for a while and she has vacation rental properties. Said they are lucky they can travel so much because of their jobs. Lawson said his primary income is music, and on the side he does charity work, pilot, emr and elected constable (before that he was a reserve deputy for 3 years).

-Favorite quality about each other: Lawson says he would need an hour to list all the things he likes about Tiff, but one of the first things that atracted him of her before they even met in person was how passionate she was about things, specially things of faith, and that she has a very unique and cool life story and that she puts a 110% into whatever she is doing. And also that she is bubbly and joyful. Tiff says that besides the faith aspect that of course is the most important to her, she likes that Lawson is always positive, kind and giving.

-How they meet: Lawson saw an article that a friend posted and it was an interview Tiffany did talking about her faith. He followed her on insta, then a few days later he slid into her DMs and from that they started facetiming every day for a month and then they met in person.

She hasn’t acted in a few years. But I suppose she could still be getting some residuals for some roles. My question is if she’s going to keep acting. Because I don’t think she’s done anything since meeting Lawson. 

• Upvote 11

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She hasn’t acted in a few years. But I suppose she could still be getting some residuals for some roles. My question is if she’s going to keep acting. Because I don’t think she’s done anything since meeting Lawson. 

Probably not if she is moving to Nashville. To be fair if she has enough investment properties she may not need to do anything else.

• Upvote 5

I’m totally speculating here:

Lawson saw an article showing that Tiffany is an outspoken Christian. He knows there aren’t many young and beautiful actors in Hollywood that are so into Christianity. He sees an opportunity. A semi successful actor who he can date in order to achieve more fame. Maybe he fell in love with her. But I can’t help but think he initially slid into her DMs in order to gain more fame. I wonder how many other DMs he slid into over the years. 

• Upvote 21

So they live off Tiffany’s rental properties? None of the other things they mention provide an income that would support their lifestyle. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic