IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

So they live off Tiffany’s rental properties? None of the other things they mention provide an income that would support their lifestyle. 

He mentions his singing but I really doubt that brings in much money. It’s possible he saved up some money he made on the show. 

• Upvote 4

They are moving to Nashville as a vanity project for Lawson. No doubt they will try and monetise the renovations of their house. 
Tiffany will come to realise that her life will be propping up and funding Lawson’s ego trips. 

• Upvote 13

The honeymoon will be a surprise to her? Is that because Lawson is planning it or because they’re monetizing it somehow? Either way, that seems like a dealbreaker. I would be wanting to go somewhere on my bucket list. What if they went someplace she had no interest in? Wouldn’t she at least want to know how to pack? Or, given the amount of traveling they do, is the destination genuinely unimportant? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The honeymoon will be a surprise because it’s Lawson’s responsibility and in the absence of the TV show funding it he’s yet to come up with a plan to grift a fancy holiday. 

• Upvote 13

5 hours ago, postscript said:

The honeymoon will be a surprise to her? Is that because Lawson is planning it or because they’re monetizing it somehow? Either way, that seems like a dealbreaker. I would be wanting to go somewhere on my bucket list. What if they went someplace she had no interest in? Wouldn’t she at least want to know how to pack? Or, given the amount of traveling they do, is the destination genuinely unimportant? 

I've known other couples who did this where the groom plans it as a surprise for the bride.  I wouldn't have a problem with it.  If a guy knows me well enough for me to be ready to marry him, he'd better know me well enough to plan a honeymoon I'd enjoy.  You can give general information about what type of clothing/activities to pack without giving a specific location, or a family member who knows the location could pack for you.  There's ways to make it work.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m a planner do my husband knows that a surprise honeymoon would be a huge no from me. 

Same here but can you imagine it ever enters the void between Lawson’s ears that Tiffany might have an opinion on something? She probably trusts him to organise something she’ll like- she seems in love with the whole idea of being in love. 

• Upvote 3

All that either of them wants in a travel destination is cool backdrops for selfies, so I’m sure he’ll do just fine planning a trip for her.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8

We have a list of places we want to visit and precovid/prebaby I would shop airfare and book whatever was a good deal. Then we would plan together. Surprise, honey! This year we're going to Madagascar!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m a planner do my husband knows that a surprise honeymoon would be a huge no from me. 

Same. We are doing Disney and someone suggested a travel agent and even that is a no for me. I am too much of a control freak. I like to plan every detail myself. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

So, according to IMDB, Tiffany's most recent acting credit was a tv episode aired June 2020: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2556904/ 

Other than being in Lawson's music videos since then, do we have any evidence that she's filmed anything since the pandemic began?  Any commercials?

• Upvote 2

Okay so basically Lawson is unemployed and Tiffany either had her parents buy rental properties for her so she doesn't have to actually work or maybe she rents out her own condo as a vacation rental when she's not there. The future for these two should be....interesting....

Also Lawson basically targeted her for being 1) beautiful and 2) Christian. Idk why, I know a lot of people nowadays get together like this, but starting a relationship with a random stranger off of instagram is so funny to me. What did he even say?!?! I saw you in an article and now here I am internet stalking you? LOL

Edited by meep
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So, according to IMDB, Tiffany's most recent acting credit was a tv episode aired June 2020: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2556904/ 

Other than being in Lawson's music videos since then, do we have any evidence that she's filmed anything since the pandemic began?  Any commercials?

Not that we know of. If it aired in 2020, it’s possible it was filmed in 2019. That’s why I think she hasn’t acted since starting dating Lawson. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was sort of like some of the SAHDs we talk about on FJ. They work for family or a basic job until they meet Mr Fundie Right and then their life is consumed by him and only him. I can’t shake the feeling this is what’s happening with her. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, meep said:

Idk why, I know a lot of people nowadays get together like this, but starting a relationship with a random stranger off of instagram is so funny to me. 

That’s how Bob Saget met his wife. She’s an Instagrammer covering food and travel. He thought she was pretty, interesting, etc. and he contacted her.

I wonder how much Tiffany knew about Lawson before he contacted her?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, meep said:

Okay so basically Lawson is unemployed and Tiffany either had her parents buy rental properties for her so she doesn't have to actually work or maybe she rents out her own condo as a vacation rental when she's not there. The future for these two should be....interesting....

Or she bought the properties with the money she earned as a child actress.

1 minute ago, JDuggs said:

I wonder how much Tiffany knew about Lawson before he contacted her?

She says in the Q&A she knew nothing about him when they started talking. She had no idea he had 19 siblings.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

Or she bought the properties with the money she earned as a child actress.

She says in the Q&A she knew nothing about him when they started talking. She had no idea he had 19 siblings.

Too bad she hadn’t read FJ before she met him.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2

That’s got to be a bit of a blow to Lawson’s ego though?

Hi there sweet Christian lady, Lawson Bates here

Hi- who are you?
Lawson, from Bringing Up Bates

Whats that?
My TV show, about me and my 19 siblings.

Oh cool, what do you do?

I have 19 siblings and that’s pretty much what we do.

Tiffany seems to have invested her money wisely- I have a feeling those rental properties will have to do some heavy lifting in their finances as I don’t see Lawson being able to keep himself in the style to which he desperate to become accustomed.

• Upvote 21

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Too bad she hadn’t read FJ before she met him.

I'd like to believe that's true, but, much like other Fundies, she's all in!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

That’s got to be a bit of a blow to Lawson’s ego though?

Hi there sweet Christian lady, Lawson Bates here

Hi- who are you?
Lawson, from Bringing Up Bates

Whats that?
My TV show, about me and my 19 18 siblings. My parents had 19 kids.

Oh cool, what do you do?

I have 19 siblings and that’s pretty much what we do.

sCl: I heard the oldest boy from that family just went to prison for horrendous crimes. Just awful.

Lawson: That's not our family. We're the other television family with 19 kids.

sCl: Oh, I never realized there were 2 of them. Are you sure there are 2?

Lawson: positive.

• Haha 18

Tiffany has accredited degree qualifications. She could get a job pretty easily in this market, I expect. Tiffany is a member of SAG-AFTRA, so she probably gets health insurance through her dues there. 

Lawson has almost no qualifications and the competition in his chosen field will be high in Nashville. 

But in reality, any of these adult Bates kids could go get jobs in retail or food service or landscaping or other service jobs. Lawson is choosing to put his dream first while simultaneously not working to get better at it. (I assume!)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Google estimates Tiffany's net worth as $1-5 million (one site says $13 million but that seems suspect to me).  If she's been smart with it and her purchases of rental properties, she could easily have a passive income that provides enough to live on quite comfortably.  Not as extravagantly as when her parents or UP are footing the bill, but enough to be comfortable without needing to put a whole lot of effort into getting a job.  

Which, honestly, if that's the case, kudos to her.  She's more fortunate than most to have been able to earn that as young as she has, but if she's been smart with that opportunity and set herself up to never need to work again, well, I wish I had had the same opportunity, and I'd much rather see her do that than blow all the money the way many young celebrities do.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Tiffany's family does some property management so it doesn't surprise me that they encouraged her to invest some of her earnings in real estate. They might even manage the properties for her. 

On 2/15/2022 at 1:22 PM, meep said:

Also Lawson basically targeted her for being 1) beautiful and 2) Christian. Idk why, I know a lot of people nowadays get together like this, but starting a relationship with a random stranger off of instagram is so funny to me. What did he even say?!?! I saw you in an article and now here I am internet stalking you? LOL

Katie and Travis too. He said a friend (possibly a mutual friend) told him to check out her instagram and he did and thought she was beautiful, so he messaged her and after a while of talking, she came and visited. A little different as I believe there was a mutual friend involved, but still a guy shooting his shot with a girl he thought was hot and fit the Christian wife boxes. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I don’t think that Tiffany is a savvy real estate investor. I assume her involvement is very passive. I’m assuming that her parents or financial advisors are making decisions that Tiffany has to sign off on, and she’s doing what her parents tell her to do. She’s probably given a monthly allowance from her investment income and if she needs additional money, she needs permission to get it.

I also think that Tiffany’s money is not just from her acting. I would guess that a portion of it has been gifted to her by her parents in some kind of a tax shelter plan. I think that Tiffany has probably made the good decision to trust her parents regarding finances.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I also think that Tiffany’s money is not just from her acting. I would guess that a portion of it has been gifted to her by her parents in some kind of a tax shelter plan. I think that Tiffany has probably made the good decision to trust her parents regarding finances.

And now her new headship will take over control….. good luck to her.

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 3

On 2/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, meep said:

Tiffany doesn't need her parents to buy her rental properties. She has money from acting, unless she's blown it all. She could buy those properties herself. 

I doubt she needs her parents' permission to spend money, unless she has some kind of Brittany Spears's setup. If not, adults generally control their own money unless they have a disability.

She and Lawson may be able to live quite a while off her prior earnings.

Edited by Jackie3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic