IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

I don’t think Lawson has put the details in his bio yet. Tiffany has- wedding is in May and in California. They have registries as Amazon and Target. I know registries are for people setting up home but lavatory brushes? Really? Do you want to be the wedding guest that says ‘I got you the lavatory brush’?

(as an aside I hate lavatory brushes and always cringe when I see them).

So, now the show is cancelled engagement won’t be shown, what now for these two? They will have to ramp up the grifting.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Tiffany has her mom as her MOH, her soon to be sister in law that she was a BM for last minute, a teenage soon to be sister in law, and then two non Bates or family females. I’m not trying to be mean but does Tiffany not have many friends? If so, it would make sense she would want to join the Bates family. She would never be lonesome again. 

DE9C69E1-DB32-4DBB-86C4-F5423AFDFC51.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

@JermajestyDuggar i think you could be intonsomething as on of the two non Bates bridesmade Is Tiffany's cousin, so another member of the family. The only "real" friend not parte of her actual or future family seems to be the other bridesmade. 

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

@JermajestyDuggar i think you could be intonsomething as on of the two non Bates bridesmade Is Tiffany's cousin, so another member of the family. The only "real" friend not parte of her actual or future family seems to be the other bridesmade. 

That just makes me feel really bad for her. 

• Upvote 6

Some people prefer to have family rather than friends in their bridal parties. That’s particularly true for those who are moving away after marriage and those who have large families, both of which are true for Tiffany.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Some people prefer to have family rather than friends in their bridal parties. That’s particularly true for those who are moving away after marriage and those who have large families, both of which are true for Tiffany.

But Tiff has a very small family. And only one of Lawson’s bio sisters is in it. I’ve looked at Tiff’s Instagram and I am struck by how few pics there are of her and friends. I swear every other 22 year old would have lots of pictures with friends. That’s what girls her age post. But I’m thinking Tiff just doesn’t have many friends. 

• Upvote 11

I love that the wedding website doesn't reveal the location (saying that it is listed on the invitation), yet contains a detailed section about parking for all the world to see.

You want squealing fans to line the sidewalks, don't you, Lawson, you thirsty douchebag.

PS One of the parking lots is by the USS Midway Museum, one is one block from Balboa Theatre, and one is at the Cruiseship Pier.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

I wonder if it hasn’t been compelling to put in the work for music because he is pleased with the level of stardom he has with the show. He may be in for a rude awakening that the show is really boosting his fans and they aren’t that into his music. Or at least he will need to promote or work harder to grow and keep that base.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I don’t think Lawson has put the details in his bio yet. Tiffany has- wedding is in May and in California. They have registries as Amazon and Target. I know registries are for people setting up home but lavatory brushes? Really? Do you want to be the wedding guest that says ‘I got you the lavatory brush’?

(as an aside I hate lavatory brushes and always cringe when I see them).

So, now the show is cancelled engagement won’t be shown, what now for these two? They will have to ramp up the grifting.

While I absolutely agree about getting them on the list as a wedding present and that they are the visual reminder of … oh well

I find it extremely uncomfortable to be somewhere where they are NOT provided. Cleaning up after yourself should always be possible. Just imagine you are leaving a toilet in a state as a guest? And also I think people cleaning public facilities see enough to not having to be confronted with it. And I definitely don’t want to be confronted with the left behinds of others. That’s just ….. 🤢

So while they are kind of gross they are most definitely the best alternative….. 

But still - why would you put them on your registry? And who would by them?

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I love that the wedding website doesn't reveal the location (saying that it is listed on the invitation), yet contains a detailed section about parking for all the world to see.

You want squealing fans to line the sidewalks, don't you, Lawson, you thirsty douchebag.

PS One of the parking lots is by the USS Midway Museum, one is one block from Balboa Theatre, and one is at the Cruiseship Pier.

Harbor Boulevard is a hell of place to try and park on any day approaching a weekend. Also, it's over a mile from the Midway lot to the theater. I hope they get married looking up the skirt of the VJ day statue in front of the Midway. It's called "Unconditional Surrender," so nice fundie theme there. Maybe the wedding is on a harbor cruise? Personally, I'd rather get married in Balboa Park.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Maybe the wedding is on a harbor cruise? 

Very possible. And for the sake of the guests, I hope not. I once went to a river cruise wedding reception--terrible food and no way to leave early. Had to stay for 4 hours with only the option of swimming ashore. Its a rude thing to do to guests with children, elderly guests, etc.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Very possible. And for the sake of the guests, I hope not. I once went to a river cruise wedding reception--terrible food and no way to leave early. Had to stay for 4 hours with only the option of swimming ashore. Its a rude thing to do to guests with children, elderly guests, etc.

That definitely would be a horrible way to find out you are seasick!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I wonder if they had to downsize the ceremony once they realised it wasn’t going to be on TV? I’m expecting lots of name checks as they try to grift as much of it as possible.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I’m curious to see which Duggars will attend. For all of the time Lawson and Tiffany have spent together in California, I don’t think we’ve seen them socialize with the Vuolos. I do think the Vuolos will attend, along with JD/Abbie and Jana. I wonder if Jeremy’s graduation from his program will be around the same time.

• Upvote 5

On 1/19/2022 at 10:33 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Tiffany has her mom as her MOH, her soon to be sister in law that she was a BM for last minute, a teenage soon to be sister in law, and then two non Bates or family females. I’m not trying to be mean but does Tiffany not have many friends? If so, it would make sense she would want to join the Bates family. She would never be lonesome again. 

Isn't Addallee older than Ellie? Makes me wonder if Addalee didn't want to be in the wedding - otherwise she may feel hurt about having her little sister picked over her. Or maybe Ellie was the chaperone of choice. Who knows with those people?

• Upvote 2

On 1/19/2022 at 8:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Tiff has a very small family. And only one of Lawson’s bio sisters is in it. I’ve looked at Tiff’s Instagram and I am struck by how few pics there are of her and friends. I swear every other 22 year old would have lots of pictures with friends. That’s what girls her age post. But I’m thinking Tiff just doesn’t have many friends. 

I'm 22y too. Maybe she is just like me and prefers to have few, but true friends (I only have 2, 01 boy and 01 girl). If I ever get married I will have 08 bridesmaids (my friend + my older half-sister + my younger sister + my 05 cousins.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Isn't Addallee older than Ellie? Makes me wonder if Addalee didn't want to be in the wedding - otherwise she may feel hurt about having her little sister picked over her. Or maybe Ellie was the chaperone of choice. Who knows with those people?

Addalee is older. Addee was choosen as bridesmaid for Katie and Ellie wasnt so maybe this is their way of making up for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 1/20/2022 at 5:41 PM, meep said:

No Bindi? 

Leaving Australia for a holiday has been impossible until very recently, and it’s still difficult with airlines needing negative covid tests to return to Australia. Plus Bindi has a baby now, which would make travelling more problematic in a pandemic. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 1/21/2022 at 8:27 AM, llucie said:

Addalee is older. Addee was choosen as bridesmaid for Katie and Ellie wasnt so maybe this is their way of making up for it.

This was my guess that Tiffany picked Ellie because Addee was in Katie's wedding. 

As for the date, I know two people who got married on Thursday's and both because of the venue. In one case, the venue was significantly (like 50% cheaper) and the other was because the venue didn't do Fridays or Saturdays for weddings (popular bar). 

• Upvote 5

On 1/19/2022 at 3:28 AM, meep said:

Does it sound like he even works with a vocal coach and/or practices at all? I understand most people can't sing well because yes, there is tone deafness and natural talent and all that. But can't most people make their voices at least not sound like a dying cow with enough money and time (WHICH LAWSON HAS PLENTY OF) for vocal coaching and practicing? I swear this guy does nothing all day every day. 

Oops, sorry I missed this! I would be surprised if he hadn't had a few sessions with a vocal coach. Some of the ways he attempts to emote and vary his voice sound taught but not in a natural way. Like he was once told "try this on a sadder part" and he just ran with it. A better singer would be able to make these songs sound more convincing and also would continue to work at their craft. 

It's difficult to explain, I think most people can be taught techniques and can sound okay (in tune) if they are a willing student. You're not going to get a unique, stand-out voice from the majority, but most can be improved at least a little. There are a lot of things that contribute to becoming a better singer/performer that have nothing to do with singing at all. If you want to improve stamina and lung capacity, add some heavier, consistent cardio. If you want to engage better, watch tapes of your shows, take an acting class, practice in the mirror etc. 

Lawson has a serviceable voice but he is incredibly lazy and egotistical. If he had vocal coaching, I believe it was a couple of sessions early on/before he first went into a studio and then he decided he knew it all. 

Some people freak out when they go to record in a real studio and it takes longer so you either come out with a worse product than you were hoping for or a higher bill if you can afford more studio time. 

With Lawson, I don't think that's the case and I suspect he is vain enough to believe he can get by with what he's putting out because he is on a (now cancelled) TV show and has a decent number of followers on sm. This is absolutely a vanity project, even adding Tiffany to his songs won't sell them. Maybe this is a successful as he cares to be with his music? 

I listened to Travis's families music on their YT because apparently fundie music is a rabbit hole I'm willing to jump down?

Their most recent song is good for their intended crowd. The arrangement is much simpler and focuses mostly on Travis vocals which is nice. I don't think he has a super standout voice but he is a good singer and the family is right to put him to the front; he has the best voice in the bunch.

The programmed strings bother me - they couldn't summon a fundie maiden violinist from their circle to record this? Guessing it was a cheaper and faster choice for them and it probably won't even be noticed by the average listener but it's distracting to me.

Nice harmonies and jesusy themes, shame they are a violent, controlling and abusive family. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

On 1/21/2022 at 4:36 AM, Nothing if not critical said:

Is there a rule you have to pick an older sister? Maybe she and Ellie just get along better. Addie would be in LOT of weddings (and Ellie none) if you always had to pick the older sister.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone remember exactly where FJ got the idea that Lawson supported his family financially as a teenager, specifically by buying the groceries? I think it might be a misunderstanding.

I recently bought a season of the Duggars’ show on DVD that included the “Duggars and Bates Reunion” episode. They filmed the  entire Bates family going to the grocery store in advance of the visit by the Duggars, the Clarks, and “some friends from New York.” They spent an insane $2300 - how long was this visit?! I wonder if Gil had it declared an IBLP event, used IBLP money to pay for it, and kept the leftovers.

Anyway, during the grocery trip, the Bates family did voiceovers and THs about grocery shopping. Michaela really hated it. Kelly and the teen girls didn’t like it much either. Lawson, however, did like it, and so he usually did most of the shopping. There was no suggestion whatsoever that his parents didn’t fund these trips.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Does anyone remember exactly where FJ got the idea that Lawson supported his family financially as a teenager, specifically by buying the groceries? I think it might be a misunderstanding.

I recently bought a season of the Duggars’ show on DVD that included the “Duggars and Bates Reunion” episode. They filmed the  entire Bates family going to the grocery store in advance of the visit by the Duggars, the Clarks, and “some friends from New York.” They spent an insane $2300 - how long was this visit?! I wonder if Gil had it declared an IBLP event, used IBLP money to pay for it, and kept the leftovers.

Anyway, during the grocery trip, the Bates family did voiceovers and THs about grocery shopping. Michaela really hated it. Kelly and the teen girls didn’t like it much either. Lawson, however, did like it, and so he usually did most of the shopping. There was no suggestion whatsoever that his parents didn’t fund these trips.

I actually just read an old article about the family and Lawson was the family bank. He would lend his siblings and parents money. His parents paid for the groceries yes. But sometimes they did borrow money from him and then pay it back. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/26/2022 at 9:06 AM, CanadianMamam said:

This was my guess that Tiffany picked Ellie because Addee was in Katie's wedding. 

As for the date, I know two people who got married on Thursday's and both because of the venue. In one case, the venue was significantly (like 50% cheaper) and the other was because the venue didn't do Fridays or Saturdays for weddings (popular bar). 

I just got married in November and ended up getting married on a Monday, which was definitely not our preference.

With not wanting to have a very long engagement (ended up being just under 3 months) and all the weddings still being made up from earlier Covid times, it would have been close to 9 months before we could have gotten married at any of the dozen or so of our top choices. Things were just SO booked out.  And the Monday we got married was the only non-Tuesday-through-Thursday date at any of our top 6 choices until late January (so still would have been close to 6 months to even get another Monday)

It may be possible with a typically fundie shorter engagement that they ran into a similar issue (and if they were originally planning on it being televised, they may have also had an added limitation of finding a place that was ok with filming, as I'm sure some would not be)

Having lived in San Diego for decades, I'm definitely interested to see where it ends up being!

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic